UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dc superheroes

On the GI Joe boards, one guy was going on and on about how the Movie Masters Jokers were everywhere and really easy to find now, and that anyone disagreeing with him was an idiot. In the process, he showed a picture of the aisle at his store as proof.

However, where I live, this isn't the case. I've probably seen 3 of them in person, to this day, even with the new cases being released (and I get to the store once or twice a week, so I would see them if they were around). The problem might not be distribution, broadly defined, but rather that the distribution department at Kenner isn't properly taking into account high nerd density areas like Baton Rouge, which require special attention.

All I knows is, I pre-ordered my case with Blue Beetle, Booster, and Kid Flash. I ain't missing out on those. I would like a Hal Jordan and Deathstroke, but I'm not going to pay over retail for them.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks finding one or two of the five figures needed for a BAF. When I used to collect Marvel Legends (before they were $15 a pop) I could usually find an entire wave at once.

...ahhh, the good ol' days!

These DC figures are few & far between. Aside from Wave 1, I have yet to see more than two in one place at the same time.

Anybody trying to build Grundy?

• 4 weeks later...
I've tracked down all of them but Nightwing. It's been more of a hassle than fun though. If I don't find Nightwing soon, I may have the rest available for members! :)

Will trade Minimates for Grundy pieces :whistling:

Just saw this. Personally, I don't care for any of these characters (why, oh why isn't classic Mr. Terrific a variant instead of stupid Gold Dr. Fate??!!??), but love the love for wacky, obscure fellas like Vigilante, Steel, and the Gentleman Ghost! I just hope this line doesn't run into the same problems that the DC Minimates did, and ends up leaving us without core characters because there was too much of a focus on the obscure.

Of course, none of that would matter if they would just give me my Speedy. I would buy 5 of him.

Edited by karamazov80

Makes me glad at times I don't live in the states.

Mattel won't sell them over here, so I have to order them by the case - means I get almost the full set each time without the hunt, which is a bit of a bonus. Of course, it does mean I have to scour ebay for chases.

If anyone is interested, I have a spare Hal Jordan still in his package.

Gimme a yell if you want it.

Jo

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that the Wal-Mart Exclusive (Metallo BAF) wave is hitting. I was only able to find The Riddler, but that was really the only one I wanted... until I saw how cool the included head/torso of Metallo looked!

I read somewhere that the manufacturer switched factories due to the loose limbs/poor paint on the first few waves. I can say that I can definitely tell a difference. All the joints were nice & tight and the paint was virutally flawless. At almost $12 a piece, I was very impressed with the improvements made.

I read somewhere that the manufacturer switched factories due to the loose limbs/poor paint on the first few waves.

So, they are doing the exact OPPOSITE of Hasbro, where the Marvel Legends seem to experience a further decline in quality with each successive wave? Bizarre.

Some wave 2 figures are currently available from the horrible TRU.com website. Keep in mind that if you order, you have to pay taxes plus shipping. Also, your order may well be canceled, or shipped to you in a padded (or possibly non-padded) envelope.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2919685

Edited by karamazov80

Thanks, Karamazov! It said "In Stock" and I got all excited and hit the "add to cart" button only to see on the next screen that it is unavailable. Drats! Foiled again!

If anyone else has any leads on a REASONABLY PRICED Aquaman or Harley Quinn, please PM me. Those two are going for $25-35 on eBay!

Double post! :) I know we have Want/Have Lists, but I was thinking that we could use the DC Universe thread to possibly post any Build a Figure parts we may have to trade or give away if we're not going to use them.

What do you guys think?

(Mods- if this is not cool and should be left in the Want/Have thread, please let me/us know)

Double post! :) I know we have Want/Have Lists, but I was thinking that we could use the DC Universe thread to possibly post any Build a Figure parts we may have to trade or give away if we're not going to use them.

What do you guys think?

(Mods- if this is not cool and should be left in the Want/Have thread, please let me/us know)

I think it might be better to create a new thread in the trade section for "DC Classics BAF parts trade list" than to take over this one for that purpose. Not that this one gets much traffic, but it would certainly be more difficult to maneuver through if it had two purposes.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, how did I miss this thread? Is it possible to edit the title and call it the DC Universe? Quick question before I go back and re-read the thread, has anyone found a full set of the DCU Wave 5? I saw Riddler and Amazo once and never again :( I just did a trade with someone and they were supposed to send me a carded Eradicator and instead sent me a loose one. I was hoping to keep these on card until I finished this never ending upstairs project. On the brightside, I hope have that finished this spring. From what I've heard around town, Wal Mart's should be putting out Wave 6 once the reset is done and TRU is getting Wave 4(All I've seen is WW, Cyborg and Ares though).

OK, so Wave 2 still hasn't appeared in my area. Does anyone have access to a Harley Quinn? If so, please PM me.

(...Still waiting to hear back on that Luthor too, M.E.!) :ermm:

Check your local Target's HSD. Had I known you were looking for her, I could have hooked you up a few weeks back. Are you still needing her and what else do you need? PM me and I'll keep a list for you :thumbsup:

Anybody trying to build Grundy?

Guess not. Anybody have any Grundy pieces that they don't want??? :biggrin:

Like I said in my initial post, which I forgot about :lol: I was fortunate with all of the waves up until Wave 4 :confused: Then it seemed the old problems with distribution came back ten fold (sadly).