UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best superhero/villain quote

Dan

What's your favourite line that has been said by a superhero/villain. This can be taken from a comic or movie if thats your preference.

My personal favourite is in Ultimates Vol.2 Homeland Security where Ult. Captain America is fighting Kleiser, and Kleiser tells him to surrender and Cap says "SURRENDER??!! YOU THINK THIS LETTER ON MY HEAD STANDS FOR FRANCE?"

Gotta love it

Opinions please :D

Dude, NO LIE when I saw this topic the first thing that came to mind was that scene with Captain America. I literally gave a big, loud "BOO-YA" when I read that full page panel. I loved that quote and that scene.

The Classics I think still remain though.

"I'm the best there is at what I do!" (Wolverine)

and, my favorite

"Face it Tiger, you just hit the Jackpot." (MJ)

I'll try to think of somemore, there are so many. neo

I feel out of my seat when I read the "I'm the goddam Batman" line from All-Star Batman series. Either that or something that I still get a kick out of when ever I watch the 60's Spidey cartoon: Wallopin' Websnappers!

• 2 weeks later...

One of many unforgettable lines:

The Tick: "Arthur, I believe in you! I always have! That's why I'm here! Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend, and now Fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in... you'll end up naked, with Fear just standing there laughing at your dangling unmentionables!"

Jo

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my favs is in Ult. Spidey when someone says they thought Hammerhead died. He replies saying

"I did. It sucked. I came back"

I still don't know how he survived Gambit blowing up his head?

"all thought you know...is at an end"-silver surfer/FF 2

"all that you know is at an end"

Because Marvel Comics trademarked their Captain Marvel comic book during the interim between the original Captain Marvel's Fawcett years and DC years, DC Comics is unable to promote and market their Captain Marvel/Marvel Family properties under that name. Since 1972, DC has instead used the trademark Shazam! as the title of their comic books and thus the name under which they market and promote the character. Consequently, Captain Marvel himself is sometimes erroneously referred to as "Shazam."

That's from the Wikipedia page on Captain Marvel, Wadalf, you can check it out here

Fujis is right here. Captain Marvel says it, but his books are called Shazam. I think its to avoid confusion with Marvel's Captain Marvel.

one of my off beat favorite "hero" qoutes

"I'll tell ya' what were gonna do. We're gonna go home, paint the scratches on this tank, put the Sarge to bed and pretend this night never happened."

John Candy- "1941"