UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

first minimate you ever got

My first was the Bruce Lee 3 inch I think it is the Eternal Dragon but I was at a musicland store and it was on clearence and I thought it would be something neat to put on my desk and when I saw the first of the Marvel ones at my local comic shop it became something of an addiction.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first minimate I ever got was a Captain Kirk minimate. I had some extra money from returning cans so I decided I'd buy some sweet little action figure or something. I wandered around the toy isle at Meijers before stumbling upon a Kiss/Trek minimate display stand where my initial reaction was: "The Shat and Kiss figures that are in scale with each other, I'm sold!" After making my purchase I visited the Art Asylum website where I was impressed by the diversity of the line. When I returned to the same place I saw the Kiss/Trek minimates, they were all gone (although I did find a Gorn a few months later). Unable to really quench my mate thirst, I then found out that Marvel minimates where going to be released (I was a really big Marvel reader/fan at the time) and I spent the next six/seven months counting down each day until the day Marvel minimates arrived on shelves. The rest I guess, is history.

• 2 months later...

Alright I am reviving this thread...hope no one minds...I figured since we have so many new mates coming out and thus so many new addicts we might as well let them tell their stories...and I didn't want to be beat by a thread god for start a new one when there was one already.So...

My first mates were the Silver Surfer/ Spider-man 2099. I don't remember where I got them from but I loved them. I looked at other mates and was like whatever. Then I found the Ghost Rider/ Ironman pack. I was not an iron man fan still not, but that little bastard was just cool. I had myself a little drunken tony stark! Then came Hulk/ somebody. Well I don't think it hit real addiction till recently when I found this site! Thanks Guys! I mean that sincerely and sarcasticly (ifthatispossible) I am now getting into the 3" mates. Which is all Mr.Ts fault. I went from having a controlled addiction to complete wallet emptying, time destroying NEED.

I love these little buggers and I love this site. Thanks! to everyone on here and those inmates that run the place.

For me it was the the first 2 waves Spidey/Daredevil/Hulk.

I have been a spidey fan from a kid and was actually looking up some old toys I had as a kid an came across a pic of the spidey wave in like a coming soon bit on some site and that was that I loved the look.

I then was able to get them in the UK mostly with a bit of searching and places like the original AA forum and this place have helped me keep on the pulse.

my first two pack was the BD daredevil and bullseye two pack.

I saw them at walmart, and was unable to resist, as bullseye was my overall favorite comic character at the time. I saw a few others, including captain america/rhino, but none of them could sway my decision. I was bummed to find that when I went back the rest were gone.

flash foward two years... and I saw the punisher and blade two pack when it first hit stores. I was like "SOLD" and have been searching for the ultimate collection ever since.

Mine was the C3 Minibatmobile w/Batman and Robin. I, my wife and son were at Chuck E. Cheese's, a kid's pizza restaurant with play area and games, including games where you win tickets. When it was time to go we tallied our tickets and went to the ticket/prize redemption counter. We saw the C3 set there as an option and thought it looked like a neat lego set with a couple of big minifigs. We paid the difference between the ticket count and what you were supposed to have to get the item and brought it home. My son managed to loose 2 wheels and 3 gloves rather quickly at which time I stored the rest till he was older. We now have around 200 minimates, though I've never actually counted them all.

The first minimates I ever got were some of the ones on clearance at Wal-Mart. I think it was Spidey/Rhino and Iron Man/Dr. Doom, but I'm not 100% sure. I bought them to go with my TF Alternators, but quickly got addicted. My next purchase was the 10 pack at TRU, then a Giant Sized X-men online.

Well, I opened an issue of Twisted Toyfare and there was the Marvel Minimate guide thing.

Out loud, I said "How stupid." Inside, I said "...I love you."

Two years later, after having them float around in my head every few months, I couldn't stand it.

I googled "Minimates" and found the MMC website.

I found the Spidey Minimate, and I couldn't resist him.

I immediately went on eBay and asked my mother to order the Spidey/Green Goblin 2-pack,as I already had to Marvel Towers Glider. I played with them endlessly, and needed more. I ordered loose Venom, Doc Ock, and Rhino, soon followed by Carage, and now, I have all of the Spider-Man Minimates, some Daredevil stuff, X-Men, Ghost Rider, and every other blocky little pal I can find.

My first tastes were the Spidey/Carnage & BD Spidey/Venom with tongue 2 packs :wub: . I picked them up at one of those expensive collectibles stores in the mall that no longer exists. Like a moron I passed on the Symbiote Spidey/Venom 2 pack because I wanted the tongue version of Venom, and didn't want to spend an extra $8.00 for 1 figure :wallbash: ...if I only knew then what I know now <_<

BS

I think the first mates I bought were at my local comic shop, they had some loose spiderman minis and bought a couple for my brother (I think it was Spiderman/Peter Parker, Green Goblin and Venom).

Then a short while later I found a post office near my workplace and they had a ton of the c3 flyers and the batcave which were reduced! Then later I found some more C3 stuff at my local Toys R Us

However my collecting fully started with the release of the DC minimates, and slowly but surly I have been collecting the backlog of marvel minimates I missed first time round :D

JAG2045

My first minimate purchase was two full sets of Battlestar Galactica wave 1.

If I had known I would like them as much as I do, I would have picked up the wave of Canadian Wal-Mart's, all the C3 sets I saw and the discount marvel this past year at Liquidation World. If only I had known :( . Luckly though, I was able to transfer in the last Canadian Toys R Us Marvel 4-pack which was DD, Elektra, Hulk and Bruce.

I used to want all toys BSG. But now, only minimates will do. :D ........and a bust or two :P