UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

first minimate you ever got

Wadalf here asking all you minimate collectors... What was your very first minimate (or pack of mates). The very first little colorful, articulated, hunk of plastic that you held in your hands. When you opened them did you think they were a different type of lego...

Well any ways my first minis were Ultimate Wolverine and Ultumate Cyclops

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we had thread for this....

IronMan/Ghost Rider..... I was looking for C3 stuff and saw these only planning on picking up the a few... IM sat on my desk for a few days and several hundred unique mates later.... well you know the story :)

T.

Wow TBT, I would have thought you were into minis way before that.

Boy for me this was long long time ago. I think seeing that Black Symbiote got me the itch, but my friend bought him off the self. Then later on I had to see the Bruce Banner/Hulk 2-pack and I fell in love. :P It stands as being one of my favorite 2-packs ever. What I like about it is that you get essentially the same character but the alter-ego of each other. Would have liked to have seen more of this. Superman/Clark Kent, Tony Stark/Ironman, Princess Diana/Wondero Woman, Peter Parker/Spider-man, Eddie Brock/Venom, etc. where ever it could work.

Wow TBT, I would have thought you were into minis way before that.

Yep series 6 was my start... it somehow seem way further back than that... esp with stuff like the 'bombmate' (lets face it that will be what I'm remembered for.. I need to find another 'goal' perhaps...) and filling the gaps in the collection back in 2005...

maybe I just feel a lot older now B)

T.

It was some LOTR one, but the first MARVEL pack I ever got was Sue Richards and Thing B)

Glomit

I forget what I was looking for on that fateful day, perhaps Spider-Man Legos, but I ended up finding Spider-Man from way back in Wave 2 on eBay. So I got him because I thought he'd look cool on my desk. But of course, he needed someone to beat on, so Carnage, Venom, Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Rhino followed. I was going to leave it at that until I discovered Danny's Minimates Central. I blame him for the hundreds of dollars I've spent ever since.

i found my first minimates when we moved to a different part of the state, and checked out the LCS, they had two two packs of these cool little Marvel figures and being a Marvel/Toy nut i had to get them. they were the series 1 DD/Elektra and DD/Elektra variant packs and were $5 each(yup the good old days before the variants cost more than the standard figs) it wasnt until later that i found more minimates in the form of the Toysrus 5 packs and really started building my collection. -M

Well, I was browsing through Target in 2002 and came across a few small figures known as "Minimates". While, I had never heard of the figure before and wasn't even a big Star Trek fan I picked up Kirk and Spock on clearance for $2 and some change. When I got home I fell completely in love and started doing some digging online. Around that time was when they had announed the Marvel Wave. While I never went back and picked up any of the other Star Trek Figures or Rock Figures (mainly because of the 3 inch size) I did vow to collect all things new. Months later I walked out of my Comic store holding Daredevil/Kingpin, Daredevil/Elektra (both), and Hulk/Banner and the rest, as they say, is History :D! neo

A mislabeled Spiderman 4 pack from TRU said it had Spidey, Carnage, Thing and Dr. Doom. I got it and it ended up having Venom instead of Thing. I was most pleased, and got the rest of the other sets. Unfortunately I missed a lot, because I was kinda a tight wad and didn't want to spend full price. (Still am) But I was hooked.

My first minimate was meant to be my ONLY minimate. I saw Hulk and had to have him. Thats when the fever took me and now I have hundreds.

Well, I was browsing through Target in 2002 and came across a few small figures known as "Minimates". While, I had never heard of the figure before and wasn't even a big Star Trek fan I picked up Kirk and Spock on clearance for $2 and some change. When I got home I fell completely in love and started doing some digging online.

I had forgotten about the Target clearance Trek mates. So I guess Kirk, Spock, McCoy, and Gorn were my first ones.

My first pack was the Ultimate Cyclops/Ultimate Wolverine. I took Wolvie out of the package first, so I consider him my first mini.

Pretty sure it was an Absorbing Man/Captain America pack.

I know it was at a Toys r Us for sure, because I never go in there. I might've been looking for Heroclix? I saw them and dismissed them as being "too cute". I guess I changed my mind at some point and went back. I think what hooked me is that they had made alot of Marvel characters (like Absorbing Man) that I never saw made into toys when I was a kid. At any rate, the fever took hold and soon I was tracking down Classic X-Men boxed sets and bubble two-packs. Yay for plasti-crack!

Edit: I started inbetween waves 4 and 5. So I was able to get Captain America/Absorbng Man, but also get some of the wave 4 minis later like Doc Ock/Spidey.

i was at a comic shop (the comic shop where i STILL buy my minimates) and saw a yellow dd and electra 2-pack, i got it, thinking it was really cool, i asked the guy if he had anymore, but he said he wouldnt get any more shipments of theses for about a month, well the VERY next day, he called (we gave him our number to call when he got them in) and said the had all of series two and three, i got em but sadly i was just a little kid and all the parts got lost, well over the years my collection started to grow, and i had just enough to display, so i did and none of my minimates dissapeaed, just more started showing up!