UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks,

SDCC is still 3 months away PLEASE PLEASE PLASE cut down on the begging for people to pick stuff up already.... if there's one thing thats going to stop people like myself from making the effort and expending cash helping you guys out it's 4 months of 'please get me this or that' I've done it before and it becomes overwhelming if it's posted all over the place and people get missed out then grumpy cos they were missed even though they posted it in an obscure thread 6 months before the show!

You know that the guys will try to hook folks up but NEARER THE TIME we'll start a thread...

[/rant]

T.

Yes, I could not agree more.

While BSG would be good to round out the series for those of you who are collecting them, I almost wonder if with the news of the 4th season being it's last, we might see an end to the BSG line. (Don't get me wrong - I love the cylons - just not picking up the rest of 'em since I don't watch the show and wouldn't know who I'm collecting.) If that's the case, would an SDCC/con 2 pack featuring BSG be a good idea on DST's part? Synergy and all that. Wouldn't a marvel/dc product be better suited for the con going public?

Well excuuuuse me princess! :closedeyes: I thought the con was like next week or something. I don't follow what goes on in the West Coast!

:unsure: He called me princess that does it :stick:

*Cue Dr Cox from Scrubs voice*

Well... had you actually taken time out from dreaming about your newest shade of lipgloss there "Dorothy" and forced that 'cobwebbed lump' medical science dictates you call a brain to think something other than "oh.. stuff.. me.. me.. me!" before needlessly opening that oh... so... very shiny... lipglossed hole on your face to spout some preteen excuse for an insult to a guy offering his advice to help out newbies such as yourself, You probably wouldn't have had to consider selling a kidney and becoming the bitch of some 'middle aged flop-flop wearing slacker on ebay' just to get hold of exclusive stuff from San Diego because he actually payed attention to what his hookups were saying and you didn't!

*End Dr Cox from Scrubs voice*

B) 99% in jest - don't take it seriously or personally... but come on dude, don't try to bite the hand that helps you and all that... :no:

T.

While BSG would be good to round out the series for those of you who are collecting them, I almost wonder if with the news of the 4th season being it's last, we might see an end to the BSG line. (Don't get me wrong - I love the cylons - just not picking up the rest of 'em since I don't watch the show and wouldn't know who I'm collecting.) If that's the case, would an SDCC/con 2 pack featuring BSG be a good idea on DST's part? Synergy and all that. Wouldn't a marvel/dc product be better suited for the con going public?

Not necessarily. It hasn't been 'officially' confirmed that BSG will have only one more season. We can look forward to the Pegasus episode & DVD release this fall, then BSG has at least one good solid year of episodes in 2008. Plus, many fans are starving for BSG figures in any style. And I can think of several properties that supported toy lines at least a few years after they were 'finished' (Buffy, original Star Wars, etc.) BSG may be winding down, but we're far from seeing it as over & done with. I really hope we do get to see the Roslin & Zarek pack at some point!

Not necessarily. It hasn't been 'officially' confirmed that BSG will have only one more season. We can look forward to the Pegasus episode & DVD release this fall, then BSG has at least one good solid year of episodes in 2008. Plus, many fans are starving for BSG figures in any style. And I can think of several properties that supported toy lines at least a few years after they were 'finished' (Buffy, original Star Wars, etc.) BSG may be winding down, but we're far from seeing it as over & done with. I really hope we do get to see the Roslin & Zarek pack at some point!

All very good, very valid points. I'm not for or against the Roslin/Zarek pack (heck, it'd be nice on my wallet to not try to hunt down the exclusive this year) just offering a different discussion point, since most seem to be writing this year's exclusive off as BSG related. :thumbsup:

All very good, very valid points. I'm not for or against the Roslin/Zarek pack (heck, it'd be nice on my wallet to not try to hunt down the exclusive this year) just offering a different discussion point, since most seem to be writing this year's exclusive off as BSG related. :thumbsup:

Oddly enough I'm actually dissapointed at the lack of umph put into the BSG minimates by DST the time scales are pretty slack and well we've had 3 series of DC mates more or less the same time that it's taken to get one BSG and BSG was annouced a good 6 months before DC.

As for the Exclusive... I dont know It makes sense for them to find that R./Z. pack a home and the Cons are probably the best place but.. it may end up still being Marvel... probably a wolverine in spederman costume and spiderman in wolverine costume double pack :blink:

T.

That seems to be a common thing for DST (and Art Asylum for that matter), they're not great for getting product out while a movie is at cinemas or TV show actually still running...

Personally I think we'll see up to BGC Wave 3, which according BGC toy interview in the latest ToyFare is the point they've seriously considered up to with future waves hanging on how well those waves sell.

As for the Exclusive... I dont know It makes sense for them to find that R./Z. pack a home and the Cons are probably the best place but.. it may end up still being Marvel... probably a wolverine in spederman costume and spiderman in wolverine costume double pack :blink:

T.

Now, if it were Wolverine, Spidey, Ghost Rider and the Hulk were in FF uniforms, I'd actually consider that....

That seems to be a common thing for DST (and Art Asylum for that matter), they're not great for getting product out while a movie is at cinemas or TV show actually still running...

Yep. Never been their strong suit unfortunately. I've always said LOTR was huge opportunity missed in a big way.

Personally I think we'll see up to BGC Wave 3, which according BGC toy interview in the latest ToyFare is the point they've seriously considered up to with future waves hanging on how well those waves sell.

I do think they'll continue through season 4 since they're a specialty only product, but I don't think we'll ever see the vehicles or the classic line sadly. I was really hoping for the classic Viper & Raider ships with 'mates to go with 'em. :(

From a Diamond Select press release about their SDCC Marvel Zombies Colonel America 6" bust :

"An exclusive Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan Sulu figure will also be available as a DST exclusive along with a top secret Minimate two-pack sure to drive fans wild! "

Is there a hidden clue in their words, like when they talked about the Defenders box set? Let the speculation begin...

HMMMMM..... wild...lets see

Marvel: Wild Pack: silver sable and one of her goons?

Wild Child from AOA with Sabretooth?

DC: Johna Hex? Wild Dog?

Movies: Wild Thing: Melanie Griffith and Jeff Daniels?

awww hell I don't know maybe it is the Iluminati ;)

$20 says it has nothing to with "WILD" being a character name or in the title....Damn misdirection.... Sometimes I think chuck is an illusionist.

But on the other hand, I totally foresee an exclusive Giant Man Minimates Max......

$20 says it has nothing to with "WILD" being a character name or in the title....Damn misdirection.... Sometimes I think chuck is an illusionist.

But on the other hand, I totally foresee an exclusive Giant Man Minimates Max......

Has Chuck really sent alot of misdirection?

I mean I know he out and out told us it wasn't thor, which turned out to be a fib.

But for the most part haven't their hints been pretty on the money? just askin..

but to that I am sure you may be right Cloneme...it may not have a dog gone thing to do with wild

I think the clue words are "top secret" and "wild". Could we see a 007 two-pack? DST does hold the license for MGM movies. Could include the keyword "drive".

I'm calling:

James Bond/Dr. No Exclusive 2 pack

"Bond's mission takes him to the steamy island of Jamaica, where mysterious energy waves are interfering with U.S. missile launches. As he unravels the astonishing truth, 007 must fight deadly assassins, sexy femmes fatales and even a poisonous tarantula. With the help of crack CIA agent Felix Leiter (Jack Lord) and the beautiful Honey Ryder (Ursula Andress), he searches for the headquarters of Dr. No, a fanatical scientist who is implementing an evil plan of world domination. Only James Bond, with his combination of wit, charm and skill, can confront the madman and save the human race from a horrible fate.

With breathtaking chases, amazing stunts and a bold, nerve-shattering climax, this outrageously entertaining adventure pushes the envelope for non-stop thrills and magnificently sets the standard for the most popular movie series of all time. " -from a fan website