UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives

Got the Diamond E-Spectrum newsletter in my mailbox, and it announced that there would be an exclusive MiniMate 2-pack released at San Diego Comic Con. But that's all it said. Didn't specify if it would be Marvel, 24, Rocky, or anything else.

Let the speculation begin! Personally, I think it's likely to be Star Trek, to build interest in that line.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say it'll be the Rosalyn/Zarek 2-pack that was initially shown with wave 1.

My thoughts exactly, because that set doesn't seem to be in waves 1, 2 or 3 now

I wonder if this one will be available for purchase from their website as well, like the Spider-Man 3 2-pack from earlier this year.

If not, I'd like to toss out my official beg for one of those who are going. As many as will be flooding eBay, the shipping charges and profiteering will likely make it not worth the hassle.

I've been saying that we'd likely see the Roslyn/Zerek 2 pack at SDCC since the picture was accidentaly leaked with the first pix of series 1. Apparently is was knocked up as a retailer exclusive but no one picked it up, hence it not being released yet. I'd like to see some BSG loving at SDCC cos well there's been a huge gap between waves and If they run 3 series as we've seen but have no Ropslyn then they're missing one of the major characters...

Although I would also put a side bet on it being a marvel 2 pack... it is after all a comic con.

T.

I personally would like something in the Marvel Comic arena knowing that we are getting a lot of movie minimates this year.

I'd be up for a Marvel 2-pack as well for exactly that reason. On the BSG side, we've also seen protos of Callie and Gaida that aren't part of the first 3 waves...

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT LINE ARE THEY FROM?

They are characters from the New BattleStar Galactica TV show. BTW, is an all caps post really necessary?

Zarek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Zarek

Roslin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Roslin

OK folks,

SDCC is still 3 months away PLEASE PLEASE PLASE cut down on the begging for people to pick stuff up already.... if there's one thing thats going to stop people like myself from making the effort and expending cash helping you guys out it's 4 months of 'please get me this or that' I've done it before and it becomes overwhelming if it's posted all over the place and people get missed out then grumpy cos they were missed even though they posted it in an obscure thread 6 months before the show!

You know that the guys will try to hook folks up but NEARER THE TIME we'll start a thread...

[/rant]

T.

I agree with you TBT. Everyone here should know that members on this board will try to help anyway they can for those that cannot make the show. Plus we still have no idea if anything will be available on-line or if other minimates exclusives will be available.

The constant requests is demotivating. Posting it everywhere is of no use.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE AND WHAT LINE ARE THEY FROM?

They are characters from the New BattleStar Galactica TV show. BTW, is an all caps post really necessary?

No not really.

True about the begging. I mean, the figures themselves haven't even been released yet! Much less any plans that Diamond may have to get them out to people.

Besides, it's not like they won't be on eBay and won't be reasonable there.

I gotta say that the Roslin/Zarek pack seems like a great choice (or maybe that lab coated Baltar that we had seen before). If it's Trek, I'd like battle damaged Kirk and Spock from the episode where they had to fight, maybe include those big Q-Tips they had to fight with. Marvel calls for some Mighty Avengers, maybe a Wonder Man repaint in his cool smoking jacket and Black Widow. I'd love a Ms. Marvel, but I think she can do well enough in a regular wave.

Edit: I'm stupid. Forgot about BD Kirk in wave 2. Maybe a short sleeved McCoy and Chappel? It's tough balancing the line between popular interest and fan interest...