UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is there such thing as a Bomberman Minimate?

I'm sorry that people believe it is a mistake to sell the bomb mate. I'm not into collecting minimates anymore,so the way I see it is, its better that the mate is in the hand of a collector rather than me holding onto it for eternity. ^_^

I hear you TC23 - There have been times when I've considered selling my entire collection although solely due to monetary reasons (mostly lack thereof). Can I ask why you're not into Minimates anymore? Or what you're collecting now?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got the Bombmate in the mail today and while I am extremely excited to add this rare figure to my collection I am disappointed at the condition that he's in.

Bombmate.jpg

The fact that he's opened doesn't bother me but when you drop a ton of cash on a Minimate I guess you expect that it won't be discolored from age and/or sun exposure. But it's my own fault since I didn't ask to see a picture before I bought it. Caveat Emptor and all that...

This isn't meant as an attack on TC23 - I probably would have bought it regardless. It's one of those bittersweet moments in collecting when the actual figure doesn't meet your expections. I'm enraptured and I'm pissed at the same time...is this what love feels like? :sweat:

Eep. That has seen better days, I don't know what you paid for it, but if its anything like the prices good condition sealed ones go for on ebay I'd be asking for a partial refund.

I definitely paid too much but as I said it's my own fault for not asking to see a pic first. A partial refund would be nice although I don't see that happening...

Eep. That has seen better days, I don't know what you paid for it, but if its anything like the prices good condition sealed ones go for on ebay I'd be asking for a partial refund.

I definitely paid too much but as I said it's my own fault for not asking to see a pic first. A partial refund would be nice although I don't see that happening...

If TC23 has a conscience it would be nice of him to offer something, but if he doesnt there are some things you can do to try and get it looking better:

1. Swap the entire body (bar the torso) with a FCBD blank

2. Get some baking soda (baking soda toothpaste works) and gently rub it into the torso area, but avoiding the decal.

3. Use a baby wipe or something and gently caress the decal in a linear motion

You'd be amazed how much better it'll look

3. Use a baby wipe or something and gently caress the decal in a linear motion

A baby wipe, eh? I'll have to try that although I'm worried about completely destroying the decal.

Make sure its alcohol free and you do it gently in a straight line

I don't usually get too involved in these kinds of threads, but I am curious if there was some sort of disclaimer about the condition of the mate, whether it was still bagged, and/or the yellowing? only asking because for the price the bombermates have gone for, it should have been crystal clear as to what Fujis was getting.

There was no mention as to the condition whatsoever and I was only told that it was loose after we had come to an agreement on the cost. That being said, had TC23 shown me a picture I might have offered him less in which case he could have listed it on eBay and it could have sold for more than I paid for it.

I don't want to sound like I'm bitching. I'm excited to finally have a Bombmate and I'll keep you guys posted about my progress with the baby wipes.

Hey folks can I chip in...?

I actually have seen the discolouration before but nowhere near as bad as that though. The first batch of these I did I used a sealer that very slightly tainted the colour of the torso so I changed the process so it wasn't happening, there are maybe a dozen mates at most that might suffer from this process, obviously being out of the Bag hasn't helped though.

Fujis, shoot me a Pm and we can talk about swapping out the torso, even if my policy with these says I can't rebag it for you I want to help as somehow still feel responsible for these.

T.

My bombermate was in the first batch of 25, so that might be the reason for the discoloration. However, the yellowing on the decal was there already when I got it. As I said to Fujis in the email, I was unaware that yellowing on the minimate was an abnormality, I've never used decals myself, and I thought that perhaps all decals resulted in this way on light colored surfaces. I'm sorry you were dissapointed Fujis ^_^

Well, I am happy to say that even though I am selling every blank I have, and just about every Minimate I have, I am keeping the TBT Bombermate. I love it, and it pushed me over the edge to have my own exclusive. Mine is still in it's sealed bag and looks brilliant. Also, it has my old user name on it, EchoBastTC. So that's really kick ass too. I could never part with it. Don't get me wrong the money would be great, but the joy and friendship that the Bombermate has come to represent can never be bought nor replaced. So mine is staying in my collection, and probably being buried with me. Note to self: Remember to add that to the will and testament. Don't want greedy grandchildren getting their hands on it.

My bombermate was in the first batch of 25, so that might be the reason for the discoloration. However, the yellowing on the decal was there already when I got it. As I said to Fujis in the email, I was unaware that yellowing on the minimate was an abnormality, I've never used decals myself, and I thought that perhaps all decals resulted in this way on light colored surfaces. I'm sorry you were dissapointed Fujis ^_^

No harm done TC23. As I said before I'm just happy to have one in my collection period regardless of its condition. And Tim has graciously offered to replace the torso so I owe you and Tim a huge thanks!

• 2 months later...
Of all the 'mates that I desire the 'bomber is the only one that wouldn't 'sit right ' in my collection. Please don't get me wrong ,the point is ,as you know,it's special to those who were there! Priceless.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I joined last october, way after the bombermates were made from what I understand.

having a bombermate wouldn't mean anything to me, because it's a token of something amazing I wasn't around for, does that make sense?

that being said, given I disappeared for several months due to some personal issues I was having, but I plan to be back here for good from now on haha, and if there were a mmmv mate I would cherish mine for always =) monetary worth means nothing to me, I am the most sentimental fool you will ever meet

I pop in and read these topics from time to time, and the discolouration issue got me thinking. I have a customised bombermate (no. 69 out of 100) that is still mint in the bag and has been kept carefully in a box in the dark with other AA items such as spare hands and accessories. Out of curiosity, I went and looked at mine just now and I can't honestly tell is it has actually discoloured or not. My eyes are going long-sighted which means that if I want to scrutinise anything up closely then I have to flip out my contact lenses, but I think that the fact that I can't see any discolouration around the decal means that it is still in mint condition. :)

The thing is, these mates are not ~ as somebody pointed out earlier ~ something that minimate completists need to be chasing after because they were never part of an AA production run. These cuties were a lovely gesture made by TBT at a time when the old AA boards really rocked, and are a memento of those times. Even though TBT knew I wasn't a minimate collector per se, I was included in his kindness because I was one of the community. This gesture still gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling!

....and I won't be selling mine....ever. ;)

• 1 month later...