UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is there such thing as a Bomberman Minimate?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must of missed out on these, what did you have to do to get them?

Be around a long time ago... in a forum.... far far away...

oh and being nice to me helped a little too :P

T.

p.s. no I dont have any left, there were ltd in numbers and each was individually named and numbered... so dont ask :angry:

Hey gang, do you guys think we should have a list like the gold/silver spideys?

Nope, I have just such a list and if anyone wants confirmation the name and number match they can contact me. We've already had one fake sold on ebay and it's less easy to do that if they dont know which numbers to fake.

T.

Not to mention that fake Evil JP tried to pass off... ;)

That was fake? I thought TBT had run out of decals. :blink:

LOL it was actually an in joke between JP & Myself after someone tried to pass a fake off as a real bombmate and got caught. JP said he wanted the fake (now locked away in the darkest vaults of TBT towers) and i said no but 'son of fake bombmate' would make a cool character and well the rest is history :P

T.

Hi to all,

I'll soon be selling my entire minimate collection on ebay and putting the bombermate in a separate auction. I'll post when I sell the (Probably next week), so be on the lookout!

That's disappointing TC23. I realise the Bombermate is yours to do with as you will, but if you no longer want it why not send it back to TBT for him to pass on to someone else. Thus keeping in with the spirit of the thing.

I've explained before my feelings on selling the thing.

We all dislike it, but hey, do what you must.

I'd like to point out that if this thread descends into a huge rant I wont be happy.

When/If we do a MMMV mate, there are gonna be a lot of people that dont get one on the grounds that I feel they would probably sell it...

TC23 did come to me and ask if I minded him selling before it long before posting that he was selling his and has pretty good reasons, so he has 'my blessing'.

But yeah it's always sad to see them change hands.

T.

Not to mention it's the only way some of us who "chased" previous forums from place to place in previous years just trying to keep up (and whose #1 & only son & minimate collector was not yet born to inspire them to collect) have of getting one!

People forget that for every person who dares to sell (gasp) their prized 'mates, there is another of us eagerly waiting to cherish it and give it the coveted spot in the glass case in the den, and never ever sell it again, so at least I would consider it to be "staying in the family". I don't have any family members who avidly collect these things to "will" me any when they pass, so forum member auctions is as good as it gets, IMO!

...The only thing worrying me is that buying something from ebay with the name "bomb" in the title will somehow get my name on a domestic terrorism watch list... :blink:

so forum member auctions is as good as it gets, IMO!

Yeah but ebay isnt limited to just forum members though...it'll probably end up in the hands of one of those random people no one knows....

I still think it blows that people profit from TBTs generosity... but hey.

Note to self. I should now tell myself off for this post...

Not to mention it's the only way some of us who "chased" previous forums from place to place in previous years just trying to keep up (and whose #1 & only son & minimate collector was not yet born to inspire them to collect) have of getting one!

People forget that for every person who dares to sell (gasp) their prized 'mates, there is another of us eagerly waiting to cherish it and give it the coveted spot in the glass case in the den, and never ever sell it again, so at least I would consider it to be "staying in the family". I don't have any family members who avidly collect these things to "will" me any when they pass, so forum member auctions is as good as it gets, IMO!

...The only thing worrying me is that buying something from ebay with the name "bomb" in the title will somehow get my name on a domestic terrorism watch list... :blink:

I have very mixed feelings about this whole topic, part of me is glad that something I did has become a quirk in minimate history that it seems wont be forgotten, part of me still wonders what all the fuss is about.

I don't see these as 'must have mates' they all have a personalized name/number on them and aren't on any 'official mate' lists because they weren't designed or produced by AA beyond the supply of the blank ( albeit I did have both their assistance and blessing).

In short if you dont have one don't feel you are somehow less of a minimate collector, just think of them as a strange quirk of history that makes for an interesting story.

I think of them as being like xmas or birthday cards, the intent was to give folks something they could enjoy as a reminder of that time on the forum. They'll likely have a sentimental value to those who recieved them but really should not be of great value to others and I certainly dont feel should be considered part of the "completest list".

I also agree with Ady that it's always sad to see them sold, however as we've talked about before, Once they went out I have no control over what people do them & was touched that with one exception everyone that has been sold on has asked 'permission' first.

T.

True, and explains why I would probably lose in bidding on one anyway, to one of the aforementioned "completists" but the mention of it still inspires hope, if only temporary.

We're pretty strictly into the superheros/villains as that is where the wee one's obsessions lie, but the bomber holds a special tie to those I've spent a few years talking with (...networking with...finding the elusive batcopter!...)

This is at least the third different forum I've arrived at only to find, once again, Timbo and the rest of the die-hard club, like old friends I hadn't seen for awhile after some old sites (who shall remain nameless) disappeared and left me feeling like no one else understood how totally cool the little guys were! (Hubby still thinks kiddo & I are a little "out there"). It was like, "Aha! So that's where you guys went!"

Personally, we'll never have the 24 cast, the Rocky crew, or even the Battlestar Galactica gang (just don't take my DVDs) but I guess to me, Bombermate would be similar to my USAT membership card, something that says, "Hey, I take my (triathlon/minimate) obsession seriously so lay off".

I know its a touchy subject, and not to stir up any negativity, just to put out there another point of view; obviously since they have a name on the bag they won't likely remain imprisoned in it if resold, but inevitibly someone will say, "Hey, who's that one there supposed to be...?"

From my experience, there are a great many people on this board who would give you the shirt off their back if they heard you were shirtless, and who wouldn't want something that says, "These are the type of people I care to call friends". You are exactly right in that it is the story behind something that gives it its value, and I have a few stories (those of you know who you are!!!) :thanks:

Hope that helps to explain the "draw"...again, just one point of view.

Man, I could never part with my bombermate. I was so stoked when I got mine and saw it personalized with my username on the package. If the day comes that I part with my entire minimate collection, this piece is staying with me, if for no other reason than to have proof that Timbo is a good-hearted pimp. ;)