UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Clint Barton....

XManRCJ

how do you know???

Quite obvious if you read the recent issue of Avengers.

Clint Barton shows up at Dr. Strange and before they go to japan, they give Clint Ronin's suit after he says that Hawkeye is dead. At the end during the fight scene, Maya Lopez is maskless while Clint Barton(Haweye) is still wearing Ronin's suit.

no i mean how do you know we have a hawkeye minimate?

He was being sarcastic. If Clint Barton is revealed to be Ronin then

technically they've already made a Hawkeye minimate (just not in his regular duds).

Yeah, that was my intent....kinda

I know everyone was hankering for Hawkeye, and Marvel went and did something that now means we have a Hawkeye minimate....just not the costume everyone wants...

Ugh. Why don't they just give him in his first costume? I mean, he's obviously a popuylar character, and they do random ones like Ronin, but what do I know? I don't keep up with New Avengers. The last NA I read were Illuminati Specials.

Ugh. Why don't they just give him in his first costume? I mean, he's obviously a popuylar character, and they do random ones like Ronin, but what do I know? I don't keep up with New Avengers. The last NA I read were Illuminati Specials.

Why Marvel did that? Because they've been fools since Quesada has been EIC.

Is the correct answer.

Continuity out the window. Editorial control over the various lines a thing of the past.

Make Mine DC!

You said it brotha! My buddy and I can't stand him. Wizard World Philly he came out with Daredevil: Father and it took that fool like a full year to finish it. I had the first issue and that was it.

Marvel have never been good at continuity. I mean how many times has Jean Grey/ Pheonix died and they've made up some clone story or whatever other rubbish they can think of. That's why I stick with the Ultimate Universe. As it's fairly young the continuity is good.

thanks for the top secret info :lol:

Well we have a Hawkeye Minimate

Clint Barton is revealed to be Ronin in New Avengers #30.

So now Diamond actually has Hawkeye in minimate form....

They got us good.

He wasn't revealed to be Ronin, he was convinced to wear the outfit. Technically the ronin already out is the chick that they went to Japan to save.

There could be extreme spoilers in the box below enter at your own risk.

I am willing to bet that Clint Barton also ends up being the new Captain America. Any takers?

That would be uber cool, but Clint always argued with Steve, dunno if he'd be quite the same leader, but he could bring a new freshness to Cap.

I know we have a pretty young crowd here, but remember that Hawkeye also idolized Cap. He was part of The Avengers when Cap took center stage and selected his own group. So I could see him being the new Cap, the question is, will he be the same as Cap?

As far as Quesada? While I haven't been a big fan of everything he's done and Marvel being Bendis heavy when it comes to the writing, some of the recent decisions(whether they were his or not, I don't know) have been pretty good ones. Civil War almost made me fall of the wagon and start collecting comics again. Since then I have fallen off the wagon and picked up the first 2 issues of the DH Buffy comic. But I blame my wife for that one, since she put them in the pile of trades and Minimates I was picking up, lol. Brubacker has almost made my binger easier, because I like what I'm reading in Wizard about his run on Captain America too. So Quesada can't be all bad, he'll eventually get replaced and someone worse or better will come along. The last thing I will say is DC has definately made Marvel step up it's game with their current storylines. Back to your thread already in progress.

Cause you know, Marvel decides the minimates in the first place.... <_<

Can you go complain somewhere else? Seriously.....

As for Clint being Cap, no way. I have a feeling a new Captain America will be decided by the hands of Iron Man and the pro-reg side. And as Clint said in the last issue, he's against the SHRA.

Cause you know, Marvel decides the minimates in the first place.... <_<

Can you go complain somewhere else? Seriously.....

Although DST decides who they want to make, they have to get Marvel to approve artwork etc for every Marvel Mate that gets made so Yep they have the final say and can pretty much veto characters if they wanted to.

As for asking others to complain elsewhere, it's called an opinion and without it the place would be pretty dull!

BTW I agree with both the points it would be cool to see Barton back as Hawkeye and that Joe Q sucks as an EIC.

T.