UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 2 Star Trek announced!

Check out the newest issue of the radical confidential for the pic! The set wil include Battle Damaged Kirk and Gorn, Mr Spock and Uhura from "the Cage" and Sulu and Chekov with the chase being a swashbuckling Sulu. They look amazing!

Jeff of the Minis

Thanks for the heads up. I think they look cool, but Gorn with nostrils looks weird. Strange since Killer Croc doesn't have any. Looking forward to them all except for Battle Damage Kirk, just a waste of a spot for another character. For Trek I'd rather have new figs and avoid the doubles.

Man those are cute as hell. I love the crazy, derranged face on shirtless Sulu. Can't wait to get that fencing foil. Can someone remind me what happend in the classic ST episode "The Cage"?

P.S: Does the Gorn's head look more rounded at the top than normal MM headsor is it the photoshop DST did?

Man those are cute as hell. I love the crazy, derranged face on shirtless Sulu. Can't wait to get that fencing foil. Can someone remind me what happend in the classic ST episode "The Cage"?

P.S: Does the Gorn's head look more rounded at the top than normal MM headsor is it the photoshop DST did?

The Cage Summary

It basically a pilot. It had Captain Pike instead of Kirk.

Awesome! As expected, we're getting the core crew in 2 series (although I was kind'a hoping for a Nurse Chapel or Yoeman Rand...maybe series 3). Overall, these look fantastic, however I think that the Gorn captain could have been a bit more convincing with a "slightly super-d sculpted mask" head-piece (and 2.5 if he isn't already). If DST is truly only going to do 3 series for TOS, then there better be an ass-load of aliens for series 3 (minus the requisite Kirk and Spock variant*yawn*)like:Klingon(s), Romulan(s), Andorian, Salt-Vampire, Mugatu(sp?), etc. (we could really use at least 4-5 series to cover the essentials). I have a slight suspicion that the Talosian (big-headed telepaths) might make the cut for series 3 since we're getting Capt. Pike and Spock from "The Cage" pilot episode; it just seems...logical.

Very sweet. I don't mind BD Kirk so much because he got his shirt ripped pretty often in the series. Absolutely love the expression on Spock. Very cool.

Looking forward to getting these, and looking even more forward to TNG. :-)

I don't mind them doing another wave of classic Trek, as with this one, you get the rest of your main characters. The variant hunters will get extra yellow uniforms to accompany the extra red ones from the first wave, meaning you can customize a healthy number of expendable crew members.

What I find hard to believe is that we get topless Sulu before topless Kirk. Hasn't anyone from DST ever read Twisted Toyfare Theater?

They said the first three planned waves are all TOS so I don't expect anything else. I so want mates from TNG, DS9, etc.. but we will have to wait for them. At this pace with dupes it'll be a long before we ever see them.

I don't know about you guys but I get a sense of re-release when I see these first two waves because of the 3" mates. I would've liked for them to have started with TNG because it would be refreshing. I think Trek would have been better served as boxsets.

H'lo

As fantastic as Wave 2 looks, we were at this point with the 3" line... here's hoping.

Looking at the 14 figures as a whole, 9/10. I am glad we look likely to get the core seven TOS Crew, Uhuru looks great, I hope the blue shirts are a lighter blue to the 3" line. Gorn looks an improvement to his predecessor, which was always coming apart at the waist - I hope it remains 2" high.

If the line is going to take a hiatus after Wave 3 I would like to see the seven from:

Kirk and Spock in Dress Uniform

Yeoman Rand and Nurse Chapel

Klingon

Romulan

Andorian

M113 Salt Vampire

I agree that box sets seem well suited to this line, given the approach to Rocky and 24, if so sets themed around City on the Edge of Forever, Amok Time, Mirror, Mirror, Space Seed and Journey to Babel would do nicely.

R.

I am so "meh" on this line. Battle Damaged Kirk aside, of course. They should definitely have gone with TNG, or, Deep Space Nine, seeing as DST are just starting to do the 7" figures for that series. Would have been some nice synergy there.

Baby Gorn.

I prefer Gorn on the cob. ;)

I hope that DST gets around to TNG though.

i like pop gorn :P

Creamed gorn for me

I think that TOS was a good start, but three waves is waaaaay too much. Give me a wave of TOS then a wave of TNG. Then rinse and repeat until they finsh those lines. Then do the same for DS9 and Voyager. One Borg boxset, a few movie waves, and Enterprise(the show and the ship) later, you've finished Star Trek!

Well..over at cornerstonecomics.com, where I just placed my pre-order for the whole set with the varient sulu, it says October. Believe or not it's only $20.00 for the set with varient. I don't expect it to last for long at that price!

Check it out! :thumbsup: