UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MINI-MYTE's CUSTOMS! Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash (UPDATED) diorama on page 8.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the kind words about Doomsy guys. I never fathomed she'd have been this big a hit with you all. To bad I posted pics on Saturday, cause while shopping at WM Sunday, I stumbled across Hello Kitty Mega Block sets. Tell me Dr. Doomsy wouldn't have been even more painfully cute to look at posed with a tray full of muffins and a tricycle on one of these dioramas / playsets.

5456532735_14760718a9_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

awesome! though i think the expression might be a bit serious

Well it IS the only official existing Charlie Sheen minimate head in existance.

woops, only just noticed that

• 1 month later...

Here is a reposting of my entry for Charitymates 5... Kodiak. Figured I'd add him to my portfolio.

th_kodiak01.jpgth_kodiak02.jpgth_kodiak07.jpgth_kodiak03.jpg

th_kodiak05.jpgth_kodiak04.jpgth_kodiak06.jpg

Kodiak was kitbashed from lots different mates. Other than a standard minimate body underneath, he is comprised of a Juggernaut chest cap and shoulder caps with custom claw scars. His right hand is a repainted Iron Fist's and his left hand / paw is a heavily modified 90's Beast arm extender. His boots, loincloth and headdress are from a Ska'ar minimate. I used some Fix-it Sculpt for the first time when making the bear claw and the bear headdress. Fun stuff to work with as all I've ever used before is Miliput. Thanks Luke for introducing me to my newest favorite sculpting medium.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Great job once again! The deatil on that bear-headdress are amazing! (By the way, I would never have guesses you used Ska'ar's hairpiece. But now that you mentioned it.) It has a great expression, the eyes look as if they took a hell of a time to sculpt and paint. You even got that - I hve no idea if there's an English expresssion for it - white glimmer. Amazing! I also really like the color scheme you used. The different shades of brown and that very natural looking warm yellow. Excellent choice! And I like the way you painted Kodiaks face. The black face paint / shadow gives his own eyes a very cool and mysterious expression.

Sir, I am impressed! (And will start "bamfing" on the weekend. :biggrin: )

• 3 months later...

Here are some angled shots of my Abomination custom I made for my latest issue of Tales From The Minibar. Essentially, it's an Abomination minimate with bulked up Hulk parts on him with modified / re-sculpted Thing feet and thighs. Panzer green paint to match the existing minimate and all the detail from the skinny parts have been beefed up and replicated on Emil. Please let me know what y'all think. Enjoy!

Abomination.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Man, DST needs to make an official one of those and quickly. Excellent work.