UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MINI-MYTE's CUSTOMS! Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash (UPDATED) diorama on page 8.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Queequeg looks amazing!! The paint job must have taken forever! Did you have to do any touch-ups, or did you take it slow and nail it on the first try?

It wasn't easy, that's for sure. The face and chest went off without a hitch, but I did mess up the back. So... I had to airbrush his back and start the tattos all over again. Got it right the second time. Funny thing about all his tattos is that when I had designed him on paper, his tattos were a lot more elaborate. When it finally came time to painting them on, there was less space and a lot of compromising / improvising to do. All in all, I'm bery happy how he came out.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words in regards to Queequeg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Well this update is long overdue. Here are my latest customs that I showcased at last years Custom Con 24. Enjoy!

Friday the 13th Through the Ages boxed set

Packaging

th_packfront.jpgth_packleft.jpgth_packright.jpg

th_packside.jpgth_packback01.jpgth_packback02.jpg

Jason Voorhees part 1

th_JP1front.jpgth_JP1back.jpgth_JP1left.jpgth_JP1right.jpgth_JP1scene.jpg

Pamela Voorhees

th_PAMfront.jpgth_PAMback.jpgth_PAMleft.jpgth_PAMright.jpg

th_PAMweapons.jpgth_PAMweaponsaxe.jpgth_PAMweaponsknife.jpgth_PAMweaponsmachete.jpg

Jason Voorhees part 2

th_JP2front.jpgth_JP2back.jpgth_JP2left.jpgth_JP2right.jpg

th_UMJP2front.jpgth_UMJP2back.jpgth_UMJP2left.jpgth_UMJP2right.jpg

th_JP2weapons.jpgth_JP2weaponsmachete.jpgth_JP2weaponspickaxe.jpgth_JP2weaponspitchfork.jpg

Jason Voorhees part 3

th_JP3front.jpgth_JP3back.jpgth_JP3left.jpgth_JP3right.jpg

th_UMJP3front.jpgth_UMJP3back.jpgth_UMJP3left.jpgth_UMJP3right.jpg

th_JP3weapons.jpgth_JP3weaponsmachete.jpgth_JP3weaponspoker.jpgth_JP3weaponsspeargun.jpg

Group Shot

th_VOORHEESgroup.jpg

Zombiemates

Glutton zombie

th_fatback.jpgth_fatfront.jpgth_fatleft.jpgth_fatright.jpg

Zombie nurse

th_nursefront.jpgth_nurseback.jpgth_nurseright2.jpgth_nurseright.jpg

Zombie cop

th_copfront.jpgth_copback.jpgth_copleft.jpgth_copright.jpg

Zombie priest

th_priestfront.jpgth_priestback.jpgth_priestleft.jpgth_priestright.jpg

Beauty Pageant zombie

th_BPfront.jpgth_BPback.jpgth_BPleft.jpgth_BPright.jpg

Autopsy zombie

th_autopsyfront.jpgth_autopsyback.jpgth_autopsyleft.jpgth_autopsyright.jpgth_autopsybrain.jpg

Group shot

th_zombiegroup.jpg

Just wanted to give you again my props for the great details on these MYTE! Am particularly impressed by the accessories you sculpted from scratch :thumbsup:

for some reason when i look at Jason Voorhees part 1 I hear south parks Timmy voice

TIMMY! TIMMY!

Me too, only in my case it's more of a cross between a baby and a kitten mewling. Which ironically have nothing to do with Jason or his actual persona.

Still loving the Friday the 13th Minimates. How soon can we expect the sequel set?

I'm hoping to get the next Friday the 13th boxed set underway in time for the next Custom Con. I've currently started working on another 4-pack that I've had on the backburner well before I ever consieved the idea for the FT13th set. Although it's top secret, rest assured it won't disapoint.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 2 months later...

Here is my entry for Charitymates 4:

S.P.H.E.R.O (Servo, Powered, Hydro, Electrical, Robotic, Orb)

th_SPHERO01.jpgth_SPHERO02.jpg

th_SPHERO03.jpgth_SPHERO04.jpg

th_SPHEROFLAIL01.jpgth_SPHEROFLAIL02.jpg

th_SPHEROFLAIL03.jpgth_SPHEROKILL.jpg

SPHERO is a kit bashed custom comprised of Mysterio's head, Iron Monger's chest piece (modified) and left hand (modified), Ultimate IM right hand and thigh pieces, modern Cylon crotch cap, Razor Cylon's feet and Absorbing man's ball and chain (modified).

Wow... Just.... Wow!

The paint job looks amazing and the design is brilliant! I'd love to know how you come up with such an idea :D. Nice job all round.

Edited by pawcanada

Wow - sensational!

The electricity effect is brilliant? Does it come in yellow? I was kind of disappointed with how murky 90's Storms electricity looked. Yours are vibrant and very tanslucent looking.

The whole figure is win!

• 7 months later...

Ever since the release of the Creature From the Black Lagoon minimates, I've been yearning to see one of my favorite characters from that movie, in minimate form. Therefore, I had to put my custom skills to the challenge and create him. So, without further ado I present to you the captain of the Rita... Captain Lucas! Enjoy!

th_lucas1.jpgth_lucas2.jpgth_lucas3.jpg

th_lucas4.jpgth_lucas5.jpgth_lucas6.jpg

Lucas as he appeared in Creature from the Black Lagoon

post-85-1290274430_thumb.png

Lucas was made from a repainted minimate body along with a modified M. Bison cap and detention Marty McFly shirt. Rolled up sleeve pieces were added to the arms and a knife sheath was glued on to a crotch cap. His acccessories include a knife, a repeating rifle and a custom made cigar holding hand. My only gripes about this custom are my paint apps. I was going for a south american skin tone that would appear darker than the caucasian characters. Unfortunately the paint had a mind of it's own and it came out much darker than I liked. What's done is done. Secondly, there are subtle lines painted on Lucas' shirt. I would have made them a little more pronounced if I had a second chance to do so. But again, what's done is done.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 3 months later...

Here is my entry for the Alternate Universe contest:

Dr. Doomsy

doomsy1-1.jpg

doomsy2-1.jpg

She was made from a slightly altered / repainted SW Dr. Doom body, a modified / resculpted Marisol cowl, a repainted Hobgoblin cape and a repainted Supergirl skirt.