UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Villain-Mates Custom Contest!!!

Shanester

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! I was nearing completion of my Taskmaster custom when Crippler posted his, guess ill have to try and come up with something else. :blink:

good job on TM Crippler. -M

Like everyone has said, you can still submit your Taskmaster as an entry unless you want to do something else to be different. You have a little over a week to submit an entry. With contests, there is no way to control multiple entries of the same character.

Why? There can be 2 Targetmasters

Is this the well know bad guy who hangs around the local store hiding the soon to be released spidey minimates in the polly pocket section? :|

T.

Dur. I meant Taskmaster. A Targetmaster is a Transformer. :P

Hey Mattalica, please post your Taskmaster. It's always nice to see others renditions of characters. I am also working on another Taskmaster in the costume he wore in his mini-series. I didn't know which to enter, and ended up going with the one I did because I finished him first.

Here's my entry (Click the thumbnail for a larger pic):

th_Reaniman_Minimate_by_Fujis.jpg

One of the "Reanimen" from INVINCIBLE! (Click here for the source art.)

Removable pieces: Helmet (modified Darkseid headpiece), collar (modified Elektra skirt), "abdominal belt" (scratch-built), belt (repainted NXM Wolverine).

Here's my entry (Click the thumbnail for a larger pic):

th_Reaniman_Minimate_by_Fujis.jpg

One of the "Reanimen" from INVINCIBLE! (Click here for the source art.)

Removable pieces: Helmet (modified Darkseid headpiece), collar (modified Elektra skirt), "abdominal belt" (scratch-built), belt (repainted NXM Wolverine).

Not familiar with the character, but that is one sweet 'Mate! Very crisp paint job, too, I like.

Thanks guys! I'd love to create a whole line of custom Invincible characters but I'd prefer to see some official ones! I am planning on updating my Invincible figure though, I just need an extra Blue Beetle helmet...

ok folks I'll throw my hat into the ring..

I wanted to make an Ultron custom but won't get time to 'do it properly' before the contest ends... so I hurriedly came up with this sort of "Quick Custom+" so I could at least join in the fun and enter something.

Sebestian Shaw - Black King from Uncanny Xmen #132 when he kicks the xmens asses in just long johns and knee socks! :blink:

shaw.jpg

Sadly I dont have original art at the mo. but if I find an online image I'll share it.

T.

p.s. This is really a companion piece to my Black Queen QC, who's not part of the contest :P

All right, all right. I know it's been forever since I've made a new custom. Well it just so happens this contest couldn't have been timed any better with the completion of my latest creation. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you.... CAPTAIN BOOMERANG!!! (reference pic)

(click thumbnails for larger images.)

th_capA.jpg

th_cap2.jpg

th_capB.jpg

th_fight2.jpg

This is the classic version before he got all fat and dead! For a detailed recipe check out Custom Corner and look for my UPDATE. Enjoy!

ok folks I'll throw my hat into the ring..

I wanted to make an Ultron custom but won't get time to 'do it properly' before the contest ends... so I hurriedly came up with this sort of "Quick Custom+" so I could at least join in the fun and enter something.

Sebestian Shaw - Black King from Uncanny Xmen #132 when he kicks the xmens asses in just long johns and knee socks! :blink:

shaw.jpg

Sadly I dont have original art at the mo. but if I find an online image I'll share it.

T.

p.s. This is really a companion piece to my Black Queen QC, who's not part of the contest :P

That is a SEXY custom. I love it to death.

bking.gif

shaw.jpg

blackking.gif

Well, here's my two cents worth of contest participation. I give you the Vulture from Spider-man.

vulture1.jpg

vulture2.jpg

He didn't quite turn out as well as I would have liked, but today was more or less the last day I was going to have any free time before the contest deadline so I had to settle with him as he is now. I will probably rework him a little in the future, but overall I was happy with how my first attempt at wings turned out.

reference shot

By the way, good luck to everyone who enters. Already I've seen lots of great customs and look forward to seeing many more!