UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Villain-Mates Custom Contest!!!

Shanester

The Villain-Mates Custom Contest!!!

sinsyn2.gif

This month Minimate Multiverse brings you the Villain-Mates Custom Contest!!!

This month of May we get the Spider-Man 3 movie and we get treated to two great villains in Venom and Sandman. Without Villains we wouldn't have Heroes. So let's pay tribute to the "Villain" with our very own Villain-Mates Custom Contest! Villains need some love too. :P

Villains are damn cool and we have a shortage of them in minimate form. Where's Evil Andy, Abomination, Kraven, Electro, Kang, Mephisto, etc.? Create your own new custom minimate based on your favorite villain. There are plenty to choose from so be creative. Your villain custom can be from any source be it Comics, Cartoons, Movies, TV Shows, etc.

Rules:
1.) Please submit a manageable sized picture of your Villain-Mate Custom in this thread.
2.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.
3.) Please provide a short description and source picture of the character your minimate custom is based from.
4.) Only one entry per person.
5.) Quick customs are allowed.
===============================================================
Dates:
Entries will be accepted between now and Sunday May 27th at 10:00 PM PST.
Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on May 28th and ends June 3rd at 12:00 AM PST.
Winners will be posted on June 3rd.
The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order, the top three best designs you feel represent the character the custom is based from.

1.) Best Representation
2.) Second Best Representation
3.) Third Best Representation

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
The 10 point minus system will be used to calculate the results.
Points awarded will be as follows: 1st will get 10pts, 2nd will get 9pts, 3rd will get 8pts
During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Amazing.JL
For the top prizes we have some minimate goodness!! :)

1.) First up we have the first series of BSG minimates. Here's your chance to get these hard to find minimates. This set includes the following two packs:
Admiral Cain/Starbuck, Apollo/Dualla, Cylon Centurion/Six, and Cylon Centurion/Variant Kobol Six!

bsgseries1bigea9.th.jpg

2.) Next we have Series 1 of DCD's new minimates line. If you missed them here's your chance. This set includes the following two packs: Classi Superman/Armored Lex Luther, Modern Batman/OMAC, Green Lantern/Star Sapphire, Joker/Harley Quinn.

dcwave1ha7.th.jpg

3.) For our last prize set, we have Series 2 of DCD's new minimates line. Come on how can you not want them? This set includes the following two packs: Battle Damage Superman/Brainiac 13, Booster Gold/Blue Beetle, Powergirl/Dr. Fate, Robin/Penguin.

dcwave2cl5.th.jpg

The contest winners will have their choice from the available prizes. Once a prize/slot has been selected, it will not be available from the next winner.

1st Place: Will have the first choice from the available prizes.
2nd Prize: Will have the second choice from the available prizes.
3rd Prize: Will have the third choice from the available prizes.

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

Contest Prizes are brought to you courtesy of our sponsors:
Small_Banner_MMMV_Logo_b.jpg Brainstormresized.gif

Contests are supposed to be fun. Don't be shy, participate!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, this is all the brain-child of Amazing.JL. I only posted it for him and he will manage it from here out. If you have questions or comments, I'd suggest PM'ing him as to keep this thread clear for contest entries. Good luck all!

how do i send pictures to the contest .do i make a new topic? if you could tell me that will be great.i have made the demogoblin .what size pixels do i make the picture?if you know gmail me at zombielife1967@gmail.com please respond iive never entered a contest before and i want to try.

how do i send pictures to the contest .do i make a new topic? if you could tell me that will be great.i have made the demogoblin .what size pixels do i make the picture?if you know gmail me at zombielife1967@gmail.com please respond iive never entered a contest before and i want to try.

The preferred way is to use an image hosting service either imageshack or photobucket. I'm sending you an email now.

OK it's been up a week and I just can't stand it no more!!!!

My contest entry is a quick custom of Volcana, a lesser-known villainess from the Justice League cartoon:

VolcanaQuickCustom.jpg

Technically I am now winning, so no-one else submit anything, thank you :)

^You could look at it this way, you at least get votes as some don't get any! I'll also add that there is a master customizer on this board that hasn't won in four contests. You just never know.

There are just a lot of different things that come into play when voters choose which custom they like. Besides detail, cleanliness, and complexity, it can be the very obscure to the very popular that can sway votes.

Too many people try too much for the prizes, some that have won are shocked when they win.

Remember contests are supposed to be fun!

Hey, as long as one person liked my entry, I could care less if I win anything for my hard work. I never feel that anyone owes me anything for my custom work, and I'm sure Tenime feels the same. For each of these contests, I've always used it as a chance to try something different. For the custom contest back on the old AA forum, I went with a literary character that I used as my namesake. For the Comic Cover contest, I tried making six brand new figures in a short time span and tinkered around with Photoshop for one of the first times. For the Sci-Fi contest, I tried light up figures. And for the Villain contest...well, that wouldn't be fair to ruin the surprise. :biggrin:

I've been away from here for a while due to some personal sh*t in my life, but I'm back now and I plan on pouring another strong effort into this contest.

I started this at 5:30am this morning (his red eye was just freshly painted when I took the picture)!!

I'd always wanted to try this idea with this figure, and thanks to this contest and some extra TRU SF/DS packs...I give you:

METALLO:

metallo-001.jpg

No, his chest doesn't glow, but I instigated the same "light-piping" method I used with my Transformer Shockwave (no paint on his back, allowing light to glow through the front)...There were two light sources, one light in front (hitting the figures), and one in back (shining through towards the camera)! His right arm and leg are silver, the red glare is from Supes' cape...

Hope everyone likes him!

(loose source:)

Metallo2_1_.gif

Aaaaaaaand I'm out. :P

Finally what we've suspected all along... I'm sure the gay community will love you :P

Oh.. you mean the contest, dont let someone making a v.cool entry put you off, there are many prizes and you should be doing it for fun of takig part not thinking "oh I dont think I can do better than that so I wont bother" if ya do that with everything in life you'd be living in a cardboard box under the freeway.

T.

Nice entry TENIME!

But you weren't first ;)

I realized that when I woke up this morning...waitasec - Danny posted before me...

Sorry, I was up for 36 hours when I posted that, so things weren't really all that clear for me...even if I was staring right at it!

Hmm...lesse...the first two contests I poured my heart and soul into, and didn't even place as honorable mention...

What the h***? I'll do it anyways...

I wouldn't feel bad man, I've doen the same and haven't placed either.......I just enjoy making my own mates and sharing them with the community. If anything were to come of one of them, that's cool :)

Here is my entry, The Taskmaster. I need to repaint the shield, otherwise I'm pretty satisfied with how he turned out.

customs010.jpg

Here are a few other pics. Sorry that thy don't look the greatest, but my camera sucks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ash...ustoms006-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ash.../customs004.jpg

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH! I was nearing completion of my Taskmaster custom when Crippler posted his, guess ill have to try and come up with something else. :blink:

good job on TM Crippler. -M

Don't worry about it. There can be more than one entry of the same character. Who said there couldn't be? I want to see your Taskmaster. Post it up!