UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Marvel Select thread

Love Hawkeye but hate that costume... but yeah, they nailed it. Might have to get him to pair with my other MS Hawkeye, which currently stands alone.

Cue the soundtrack to Scorpion King

• 4 weeks later...

So I know this is a MARVEL Select thread, but I didn’t see a generic Diamond Select thread to post this in:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/97762/exclusive-early-look-at-diamond-selects-universal-monsters-mummy-and-wolfman-version-2-action-figures/

I’m so f**king psyched for that Mummy and Lucy!

dumb personal aside, I’m trying to obtain a figure in Select scale that corresponds to the core cast of Monster High... so far I have Frankenstein, Gilman, and Dracula, Jean St.Jean is releasing a Yeti and Werewolf (which I personally prefer to Wolfman, although DST’s Wolfman is pretty great looking) later this year, and now DST is releasing a Mummy.. I just need a zombie, is there a Select scale civilian Zombie I don’t know about? I know there’s the Marvel Zombies, but those are too ‘spandex’ to mesh with the other figures, maybe I just keep holding out hope Jean makes a zombie in a future creatureplica wave, or maybe one of the next original DST Monster characters is a zombie, or maybe even hold out hope for Zombie Kingpin? It’s unfortunate the best zombies are 5 inch scale or smaller with most being minimates.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think he's tiny for a comic Hulkbuster, but probably small compared to most Selects. I guess that doesn't bother me too much because scale for MS has been all over the place lately (I'm looking at you, Carnage) so I don't really feel like I can display them together anyway.

If you preorder it now on Marvel Shop you can use the code ULTRON to get free shipping.

• 1 month later...

In a pleasant surprise today my Select Hulkbuster showed up at my door from Marvel. I hadn't gotten a notice about shipping or anything. Total surprise.

It's quite nice, and since I don't have any other Select figs the scale doesn't bother me.

Too bad the articulated fingers shown on the back of the box were cut due to budget. I'm not that fond of the completely open hand.

It's shown in pictures blocking/ catching? punches.

But if your not displaying him fighting I can see how it'd be annoying to look at.

Edited by Zak Katz

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UNF! *THIS* is the Iceman I wish Marvel Legends would release. Interchangeable belt, head, and more to come. And that SLIDE! I don't collect Select (I already have too many different scales in my display cabinet), but might end up getting this bad boy. More pics.

image.png.c1b1f5e713ca3baf247090663ec24ae2.png