UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

opened vs unopened

wallbreaker2.0

Yeah, I open all mine, and if you are not a beleiver in opening, talk to Cappy, the strongest beleiver in openism on the boards :teehee:

:blackspidey: i'm not sure why i don't open them originally i was planning to sell them but with the current demand for the black spidey and my unwillingness to sell i don't think that applies anymore. part of it is i don't have enough room to display them all 262. but i guess there are storage devices that take up less room than the packages.if i could bother you for a pros vs cons of opening boxes.

1 OF EVERY MINIMATE!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

O.K. back on topic.. OPEN THEM!!! There toys there meant to be played with. Heck if I had a silver spidey id be playing with it right now

I am in complete agreement. Most of my mates are no longer the original characters. I am developing an X Men Minimates TV series thingy and I've done a lot of customizing to create new characters and new costumes. In short, I open.

Personally I open my mates. Not all, Soron, some blank/con exclusives, and variants are sealed. But the rest are opened I was hesitant about variant six, toyfair star buck, and Jon Stewart but in the end I could not pass them up and there open baggies litter my floor. I do however keep the boxes. I don't know why but I always have going back to the Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles and GI Joes. However I would say that if you have not opened them now and are not interested in playing with them, just keep them closed. Heck why not? If it makes you happy go for it, because if you open them you will always regret it. Maybe not toady but farther down the line.

I have pretty much every MM and I have all of them open. I had my Black Spidey and Venom still in the box until recently when I decided to open it, I couldn't take the pressure of temptation any longer. But I'm happy with my choice. :blackspidey:

:blackspidey: i'm not sure why i don't open them originally i was planning to sell them but with the current demand for the black spidey and my unwillingness to sell i don't think that applies anymore. part of it is i don't have enough room to display them all 262. but i guess there are storage devices that take up less room than the packages.if i could bother you for a pros vs cons of opening boxes.

I know what you mean about the space to display man....after adding 9 new ones today my collection sits at 478..all opened execpt my bomer mate, my member of the month and my 3inch ADV blank is still in soap :) I am an opener all the way...more fun to play with, take photos of and make movies for my kids (or a school assignment)

Jeff of the Minis

As someone who is a die-hard "opener", I've still got some of the DC 'mates in the package. With Marvel, I always open, otherwise I feel like I paid $6 for a box with promo-art. With DC (and BSG) packaging, I like being able to see the actual 'mates.

I'll get around to opening all of them eventually. They're too cool not to have open!