UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Franken Mate Thread - Superhero Teams

This game seems like fun... count me in!

S1030075.jpg

I haven't got a team name yet, but going from left to right you can see;

LONG-ARM: A former SWAT policeman, things all changed for this guy when participating in a raid stopping some thieves from stealing a new experimental type of rubber. A vat of this landed on him during the fight. Whilst most stretching superheroes can return to their original form, not so for Long-arm, whose arms are permanently that long. This gives him an edge in the fight, as he has trained to get used to his newly extended arms, becoming extremely agile. He's still quite insecure about his appearance, and often the butt of the rest of the team's jokes.

CAPTAIN NEON: The leader of the team, Captain Neon has the ability to control and create light out of nothing. Whilst this is not particularly a useful ability in itself, he has honed his skills to be able to distract foes while he finishes them off with his boxing moves. He's the leader by default, being the oldest.

THE KID: An obsessive Captain Neon fan, no one really knows anything much about the Kid, but he follows the team round in his Captain Neon pyjamas. Eventually Trigger-Dave took pity on the kid and gave him a gun to look after himself with, much to the dismay of the Kid's parents.

TRIGGER-DAVE: Allegedly ex-army, Trigger-Dave tags along with the team, bringing his substantial arsenal with him. He is highly distrustful of metahumans, particularly Long-arm, who he regards as a walking joke.

I'm going to play along as well. I give you...

The Flasher!

th_TheFlasher.jpg

Derrick Wiffleman always wanted to be a superhero but he could never really get it together. Resigned to be a "norm" for the rest of his days he kept working at the Energy Research Facility, developing new and radically powerful energy sources. Working late one night Derrick found himself spiraling into despair after watching a news bulletin about the emergance of a new Superhero duo called "Touch & G.O.". After too many sips from his whisky flask he tried to make his way to his car but accidentally bumped into a table in the lab and a beaker of super-concentrated Hydrolithidioxygen splashed his pants! He cleaned up the mess as best he could and headed home. In the morning Derrick was surprised to discover that his crotch was glowing with the intensity of a dozen stars and not only that but he could shoot energy blasts as well - which he discovered by accident after trying to pee later that morning!

Now Derrick fights crime as The Flasher, or he tries to anyway...in the first week of discovering his powers Derrick made too much eye-contact with his iradiated crotch and he is now blind. But he does his best to stop the bad guys and elude an indecent exposure charge!

Touch & G.O.

th_TouchGO.jpg

Little is known about these two new crimefighters. By all accounts they surfaced sometime after the aftermath of the corporate split of The Fujitaka Corp. in Hong Kong. Conflicting reports have said that they were either contracted to kill or are currently protecting Kenji Taka, the so-called "mastermind" behind the corporate split. Their current whereabouts, powers, affiliations, and intentions are unknown...

And in keeping with the actual topic, here's my first superhero team...

Who can you call when all the other heroes are busy? That's right:

The Alternates!

th_TheAlternates.jpg

From L to R: The Human Candle, Inverto-Man, Tiki, and Brickette! Click for a larger pic.

Karl Gertzberg (aka The Human Candle) joined The Alternates as a way to stay in the United States. His student Visa had expired and he was going to have to go home to Germany but luckily he spotted a tiny ad in the paper. "United States Government looking for superheroes, that's what it said so I thought I'd check it out. I wanted to stay in America and they wanted my burning head so it worked out for both of us." Karl has no powers other than the fact that two-thirds of his head is constantly on fire - which is why he wears a pair of brass knuckles.

Keith O'Halloran (aka Inverto-Man) was born upside-down and he is pissed about it. Seriously, can you imagine looking like that? Well, Keith does and now he's taking his rage out on the bad guys! He totally stole his costume from Reed Richards and when Reed found out who took it he was all, "Gross. He can have it." Inverto-Man's powers include a constant headache, berserker rages, and the uncanny ability to cause distractions.

"Tiki" was discovered during WWII by American soldiers on a recon mission in the South Pacific and was so named because of the resemblance of his face to a Tiki mask. Tiki leads the group with a quiet confidence and when he does talk it's usually about how much his neck hurts. He is a master of the arcane arts and particularly fond of Hula dancing.

Brickette is from a race called the Ry'Garr, bipedal rock-based life forms not unlike a Golem in appearance but highly intelligent. Brickette is a female of the species and from what she tells the team, a hot one at that. Just don't make fun of her hair or she'll pound you into the ground. Besides her obvious charms her powers include invulnerability (except to paper) and super-strength.

namethatlazybastard.jpg?t=1177472650

Agent

Former S.H.I.E.L.D. operative, who was hand picked by Nick Fury to lead a government sanctioned Meta Team .

While technically not a meta human, Agent is in peak physical condition, a master of light arms, hand to hand combat, battle field strategy, and is equiped with an exo suit from the designs of Stark Industries. While the exo suit is not on the same power levels of the Iron Man Armor, it is equiped with enhanced strength, a wrist repulsor, and a jet propulsion system which can allow for short periods of flight.

Agent was chosen due to his natural leadership skills and a recommendation from Captain America. Agent once saved an unconscience Cap from an enraged Hulk (while serving as a SHIELD Field Agent) by facing the Hulk with nothing more than his side arm.

Agent is the first member of The Contingency other members will be revealed this week.

• 3 weeks later...

Picture005.jpg?t=1179456446

Fire Hawk

The power house of the team. Fire Hawk has the ability of flight, can create a protective heat based force field, and can create fire plasma bursts from his hands.

Lured out of retirement to join the Contingency, Fire Hawk was the product of one of the many attempts to re-create the super soldier program in the late 1960's. He has the experience, the power and the patience to help mold the younger members of The Contingency from brash wild cards into real super heroes.

Fire Hawk is the second member of The Contingency stay tuned for more...

Well, inspired by the fun you all seem to be having I threw together a few of my own. I know one is directly modelled after TBT's Relic (liked it too much not to make one similar) but the rest I believe are fairly unique. Haven't come up with all the names or bios yet, but maybe soon. Here's what I have come up with so far:

franken1.jpg

(l to r)Yet unnammed adventurer, Gentleman Jack and Razor

Gentleman Jack is perhaps the most gruesome murderer since Jack the Ripper. Some say he has modelled his "craft" after his namesake but others insist that the two are, in fact, one in the same. Polite and well spoken, right up till the moment his kills you.

Razor is enigmatic at best. Her face and youth convey a flase sense of innocence and compassion. She is a master of all balde weapons and seems hell bent on bringing Gentleman Jack to the justice only a knife point can dispense.

franken2.jpg

(l to r) Cobalt Kid and Pistol

Cobalt Kid claims to be from the far off future, sent back to "observe" history as it happens, however he seems more often than not shocked by events as they play out suggesting he either has no prior knowledge of these events or is not in fact from and future time. He does possess a multitude of sophisticated equipment which aid him in his "studies." Most resently he has joined up with Razor in the pursuit of Gentleman Jack claiming "events as epic as these are not to be missed!"

Pistol is ?

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my Franken-mate. Made from random pieces from mates i've recently acquired.

He has no name

any suggestions?

dannfranken.jpg

Here's my Franken-mate. Made from random pieces from mates i've recently acquired.

He has no name

any suggestions?

[picture]

Vern, name him Vern.

• 2 years later...

DSC03494.jpg

Meet Doctor Dexter Proctor, bumbling mad scientist incarnate. He's out to prove that the world needs guys like him... and setting out to destroy the world seems to be his big idea for doing so. Little does he know that he and his scientific talent is being manipulated behind-the-scenes by his scheming accomplice, his more-competent wife Janice Proctor...

Janice has an ace up her sleeve: a top-secret genetic process that gives its subjects superhuman abilities whilst placing them under her utter control. Test Subject # 1: Joel Spector, Dexter's arch-rival and former best friend.

DSC03514.jpg

Only one other person knows how to take down the Proctors once and for all. That person is Madeline Craig, cold-blooded gunslinger and Joel's beloved fiancee. But when singlehandedly foiling all of the Proctors' nefarious plans while staving off Joel's sinister mutation proves too much for her, Maddie decides she needs help.

DSC03517.jpg

But who else can she possibly turn to for aid?

Stay tuned!

Yes... I was bored: :lol:

My group:

post-2001-1248729089_thumb.jpg

Team: Second Life

L to R : The Probe, Papa Legba, Belyj Fantom, Bloodfire

The Probe: A native of the planet, Tatarann…not much is known about the Probes motivations for being here on Earth. He has shown little regard for human life as he considers humans to be an “inferior” race to his own. He paid Team: Second Life an incredible amount of money to accompany them on missions, shortly after appearing on our planet. So far he has exhibited increased endurance, a scanner implant in his finger, and various technologically advanced weapons, as well as limited telepathy.

Papa Legba: Auguste Chauvet was a bouncer in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. One night he broke up a fight between two men and after the bar closed he was cursed and stabbed repeatedly by the culprit and several others as he left through the back alley. Days later he rose from the dead. Possessed by Legba, the master linguist, the trickster, warrior, and the personal messenger of destiny, he found and killed his murderers. Eventually, Belyj Fantom recruited him for her team. He exhibits super strength, endurance, and is a great hand to hand combatant, but often suffers from memory loss and dementia.

Belyj Fantom (White Phantom): Sofiya Kaverina was a “night witch”, one of the WWII Soviet Air Forces 588th Night Bomber Regiment, a women-only combat regiment. When she was shot down and taken prisoner by the Germans, she seduced one of her captors and escaped after killing him. When she later discovered that 20 other prisoners were killed to set an example for her escape, Belyj Fantom was born! She returned with a personal arsenal of weapons and liberated the camp at the cost of her own life. Her body was found by the German Scientest, Felix Weber, who conducted expirements on her and eventually resurrected her. Sofiya formed Team: Second Life (after defecting) in the late 60’s as a team of mercenaries. She exhibits very little signs of aging and is a master markswoman and hand to hand combatant. She is immune to any type of electrical attacks.

Bloodfire: At an early age, the parents of Kevin Collins knew that he had psychological problems when they caught him trying to set his younger siblings on fire. They took him to a psychologist, but found themselves financially unable to continue paying for his treatment. When Kevin was 16 years old he set a series of fires around the city culminating in him setting the house of a classmate who had bullied him on fire. The entire family of the classmate died. For weeks, he heard the voices of the family saying they would have their revenge. In order to stop the voices, Kevin set his own house on fire intending suicide. His own family perished, however…The demon, Yan-gant-y-tan, appeared and resurrected Kevin a reward for his love of fire. Now known as Bloodfire, he was recruited by Belyj Fantom. Bloodfire has the ability to generate heat, flame, and flight. He is psychotic and extremely hard to control. He has an irrational love for fire.