UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tell us what you get from Art Asylum!

Woo! Got my free mini today. I got the 2005 WW Chicago white blank. Thanks DST/AA! :D

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread makes me jealous...

Since they started this little giveaway thingy, my Target has had zero Minimates on the shelf... I don't know if I should be saddened (that they didn't have any) or happy (that they didn't have any = means people here are buying Minimates other than me)...

I'm hoping that someone from the 'Verse snags that Silver Spidey. My hopes are with you all.

Just chiming in to say that I got a WWChicago 2005 white mate as did a buddy of mine. My niece is still waiting for hers. Thanks to DST/Art Asylum for the great freebies!!!!

My niece got a Retailer Summit. She is so excited. My sister keeps thanking me for helping her raise a toy geek.

I assume that she, like you, are being sarcastic. :P

More cheeky than sarcastic, lol. When my niece was three I had taught her to recognize the cast of Star Trek. No matter what picture she was shown she could name Kirk, Spock, Uhura and gang. My sister knew it was all over right there and then. Well, that little girl is 21 now and has a bigger Marvel Legends collection than I do. And now, thanks to the generosity of DST/AA she is well on her way to a massive mate collection.

And by the way, she's also on the "When the hell are we gonna get the Roslin/Zarek BSG set" bandwagon that I'm on. I hate to tell her the SDCC set is Zombies!!

Just chiming in to say that I got a WWChicago 2005 white mate as did a buddy of mine. My niece is still waiting for hers. Thanks to DST/Art Asylum for the great freebies!!!!

My niece got a Retailer Summit. She is so excited. My sister keeps thanking me for helping her raise a toy geek.

I assume that she, like you, are being sarcastic. :P

More cheeky than sarcastic, lol. When my niece was three I had taught her to recognize the cast of Star Trek. No matter what picture she was shown she could name Kirk, Spock, Uhura and gang. My sister knew it was all over right there and then. Well, that little girl is 21 now and has a bigger Marvel Legends collection than I do. And now, thanks to the generosity of DST/AA she is well on her way to a massive mate collection.

And by the way, she's also on the "When the hell are we gonna get the Roslin/Zarek BSG set" bandwagon that I'm on. I hate to tell her the SDCC set is Zombies!!

Oh wow. You said neice and I was thinking 8yo or something. Does she do blind dates with other geeks? :P

...When my niece was three I had taught her to recognize the cast of Star Trek. No matter what picture she was shown she could name Kirk, Spock, Uhura and gang....

Thank you for posting this. This is the perfect way for me to further torment my sister. :) It recently occurred to me that my nephews aren't geeky enough. I shall make each child memorize a different cast. Then they shall hold mock debates to decide which series is the best. Better yet, I shall record these debates then upload them to youtube for all the world to see!

That'll teach her to call me a geek. Victory shall be mine! :D

...When my niece was three I had taught her to recognize the cast of Star Trek. No matter what picture she was shown she could name Kirk, Spock, Uhura and gang....

Thank you for posting this. This is the perfect way for me to further torment my sister. :) It recently occurred to me that my nephews aren't geeky enough. I shall make each child memorize a different cast. Then they shall hold mock debates to decide which series is the best. Better yet, I shall record these debates then upload them to youtube for all the world to see!

That'll teach her to call me a geek. Victory shall be mine! :D

I like your thinking!!!

Still nothing. Question: Did anyone else mail-in receipts to the FIRST address posted (before it changed), and did you receive anything? I didn't receive a "Return to Sender", so I assumed that maybe these letters were forwarded to the correct (current) address. However, it has been quite a long time and I'm starting to think that I'm just screwed. I realize that the absorption of Art Asylum by DST came quickly, but I find it kind of lame to offer a mail-away and then change your address. Anyway, congrats to all who received cool-stuff, but I suspect that I won't be one this time.

I sent one out the first week in May. Nothing yet. But I'd say it hasn't been a full month just yet. I think it was sent to the old address, and I never received it back RTS.

I'd be interested to know when/if AA or DST ran through their supply and when they stop(ped) shipping - if we haven't gotten it within 2 weeks of that date, then it's not looking good.

My friend sent one out too and hasn't gotten it yet. Maybe their doing it in sections, who knows. I sent it to the first address and he sent it to the updated address. :mellow:

Same here, I sent mine to the old address and my brother sent his to the new address, neither of us have recieved anything yet. Maybe supplies have run out?

Still waiting, still waiting... and I mailed mine off with a couple days of the announcement. I figure all the Biljer figures settled to the bottom of the bin, so waiting is a good thing. ;)

Woohoo! Scored a 2005 retailer summit blank yesterday. I'm lucky to have gotten one at all seeing how I live in Canada and the offer was only good in the US. My girlfriend's father lives in northern NY and he sent in the receipt I gave him from my last toy run to the US. It eventually made it's way back to his address. That was 4 weeks ago (when he mailed it out). Thanks AA/DST! :D