UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WAVE 3 IS HERE

highassroller

HOLY MOLY I JUST GOT THE NEW SET. I am blown away by the detail and thought put into these. Marvel has big competition.

Ares - 2.5 Body. I like the size, his sword and axe fit perfectly. The only bad is that his face is all black with only 2 beady red eyes. Perhaps a LOTR Strider head/Hair for a human Ares?

Wonder Woman- Great hair peice, good detail. Golden lasso accessory a plus

Killer Croc - 2.5 Body. Great for Scale. Great hands and feet. This is a great sign of future big monsters. (Doomsday, Mongul)

Battle Damaged Batman - Can't get his mask off! Good Design.

Green Arrow - Great accessories!! Only down part is I can't get his ammo/arrow back pack off.

DeathStroke - Great accessories comes with sword that fits on back, Robin Staff, and a cool new hairpeice. Only down part is that his ammo belt is a clumsy half upper torso. Can't really use this for quick customs. Has AWESOME Boots that are one peice with the feet.

Aquaman - Sorta simple, I would have perferred a hook hand, long hair/beard for detail sake. Great spear accessory and his feet have great little fish hooks on the heels!!

Ocean Master - 2 inches onlygreat detail. Awesome wrist gauntlets.

OVER ALL: Miss this and you will be sorry. Great set! 70-100X better than the vomit/mates that Marvel has recently produced. GO DCD for the great product!

Please please please do me a favor and post some detailed pics of GA with his chest peice and hair peice both on and off. Since I won't be getting these tomorrow (or for another week after, probably) I'd really like to know if I'll be able to whittle some stuff around and make a beardless-early Silver Age GA out of it.

Hope you enjoy 'em!

Sorry folks, I had to go to my grandma's 80th b-day and could not get pics.

To answer questions:

Yes, Battle Damaged Batman has a hair peice. But unfortunately I can't get his mask off and don't want to forcefully pry it off.

I got these from Diamond Distribution. I have an ebay store "Comics and Figures Now" and get alot of items at retail. My buddy also manages a comic store so I order through him to get retail discounts.

I did notice a wierd flaw on G. Arrow. His hair peice and hat look really stubby and huge. There is extra "skin" under his ears that look ugly. Think Big Chest Thing hair peice and how the sides go down to his shoulders. Aquaman is also in desperate need of some "scales" on his upper body.

Just so you all know these mates are the BOMB!

Aquaman - Sorta simple, I would have perferred a hook hand, long hair/beard for detail sake. Great spear accessory and his feet have great little fish hooks on the heels!!

Get in there! Yes!

I was hoping that they would have done something like this for Aquaman! Finned heels!

Thanks for the info HAR! Patiently waiting pics now.

Yay, just got home with them. I almost didn't get the Aquaman pack, because the LCS owner thought there were only three in a set. But he dove into someone else's pile for me, since he only had the one set left.

My Wonder Woman was either cast wrong or was cut into, because there's a small slit/groove in her leg, right at the ball joint. Hopefully some glue and paint will cover it up and it's not going to affect the integrity of the joint at all.

And my Killer Croc, just like my X3 Beast, has the same paint mask on both feet. So the big toe is correct on one foot, but not the other. Is this a cost cutting measure, or am I unlucky at getting proper feet?

And my Killer Croc, just like my X3 Beast, has the same paint mask on both feet. So the big toe is correct on one foot, but not the other. Is this a cost cutting measure, or am I unlucky at getting proper feet?

Mine are the same way. Hadn't noticed 'til I read this.

Ares is friggin' HUGE. I love it. I want a Darkseid apology 'mate.

And does the Green Arrow/Deathstroke set have the most accessories ever or is it just me? Oodles of fun stuph there.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for great pics!

Glomit

Mine are the same way. Hadn't noticed 'til I read this.

Man that sucks. :( Hadn't noticed either. If it costs more why not just make the toes the same size? This way it doesn't look weird.

Ares is friggin' HUGE. I love it. I want a Darkseid apology 'mate.

And does the Green Arrow/Deathstroke set have the most accessories ever or is it just me? Oodles of fun stuph there.

Ares is damn cool and yes GA/Deathroke has the most accessories, even more so than the Blade/Punisher set.

Battle Damaged Batman - Can't get his mask off! Good Design.

You had that problem too? Try pushing up around the bottom of the mask then kinda wiggle it off by the ears. It took forever to figure that out but it worked and the angry, beat-up Bruce Wayne face underneath is fantastic.