UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

antacost's customs

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn fellas! You sure do know how to make a guy feel loved...

To answer the question: Yes, they're decals. No, they're not water-slide. I've access to a thermal vinyl printer at the "day-job". The decals were printed on 3M High Performance Vinyl, and then cut out with a sharp X-Acto. Just a little bit of pressure sticks the decals on.

I'm thinking I've gone about as far as I can go with paint alone. I need to outsource my decal work until I can get the right supplies on hand. Probably wouldn't hurt outsourcing the sculpt work too, because antacost is kicking my ass with these customs! We both did the Green Goblin for the contest and his looked official while mine looked like a kindergarten art project, and I've toyed with the clear Spidey before too with a Cloaked Iron Spidey, and again, antacost just blows my work out of the water.

So, vinyl printer, huh?

LOL! My boss made the comment that he was thinking of getting rid of that printer the other day, and my heart sank a little... It's an expensive piece of equipment, which used expensive foils to print with. In addition, you've gotta have a seperate, again expensive, program to use it... Also, it's a really out-dated piece of technology.

Thanks for the comments guys... I wasn't sure how you guys would feel about me making Knock-offs of the Silver and Golds...

LOL! My boss made the comment that he was thinking of getting rid of that printer the other day, and my heart sank a little... It's an expensive piece of equipment, which used expensive foils to print with. In addition, you've gotta have a seperate, again expensive, program to use it... Also, it's a really out-dated piece of technology.

Thanks for the comments guys... I wasn't sure how you guys would feel about me making Knock-offs of the Silver and Golds...

Tell him that he needs to keep it as a backup incase... well you'll think of some thing :P

I think we all feel the same about the knock off gold/silver spideys, as long as you are openly admitting they are fake and not trying to sell or pass them off as the real thing then we love em. And we know you well enough to not worry about that! :)

T.

I wish I was a rich man so I could make an offer on all of those sweet customs you made. The gold or silver Spiderman would make a great April Fools Day joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys... Hopefully in a couple of months, I'll have some time to make a few sets...

So, last night, I finally got 95% of this little guy built... I've been working on him for about 2 months now, and couldn't be happier with that way that he's turning out...

691390174_c625617d32.jpg

More pics in the B.O.D.

Cant wait to see how it looks fully painted. Was amazed at the detail in your Amethyst. I thought I was the only one who even remembered her and here you've gone and made an actual Minimate of her. Wish I could make customs even half as good as yours. You are an artist.

Yes very good customs and so many. How do you find the time to do them all? Sorry if I missed it but have you ever done any Transformer designs? Like Soundwave. I think he might make a good Minimate.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MYTE. I built it pretty quick... like in a couple of nights. Painted it over two nights in between other figures and Hollyoaks on BBC America...