UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

antacost's customs

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. It feels good to be making figures again... I don't feel like such a slacker if I'm making "art"...

Back today with four new figures that took me way too long to finish... They're all in the DC section in this sinister shade of yellow.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

great updates antacost and as always your stuff just blows my mind. but i have to ask, what do you use for tubeing. i'm not sure if this has been asked before but i really have to know, it just looks so amazing.

Thanks Shamrock.

The tie and collar are a seperate piece that goes over the neckpost and is held down by the jacket... I like the way it turned out. I didn't want to just paint on a tie, and this worked out nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Finished just in time for the Indie-Mate contest, I have my entry... Clownface from Jason Pearson's Body Bags.

As always, he's in the first post, and in this bloody shade of red...

There are tons of pictures of the WIP in my Flickr account, if you're interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59231446@N00/

• 1 year later...
Major thread necro, but Slythe's return got me wondering about other members who used to customize. antacost was a prolific minimates customizer back in the day. Anyone heard from him lately?

The logs show he still checks in occasionally, but hasn't posted for a long time!

I wonder if we should move this post and create a where are they now thread for all the lost souls that have drifted away over time?

T.

about 6 weeks ago i p.m. him about his custom cloud and blade minimates and if he still had the decals,nicely he told me he had lost them with a hard drive crash i was bummed but the was the first and last time i chatted with him.I would love to se some more customs off him he is a damb good artist

Major thread necro, but Slythe's return got me wondering about other members who used to customize. antacost was a prolific minimates customizer back in the day. Anyone heard from him lately?

The logs show he still checks in occasionally, but hasn't posted for a long time!

I wonder if we should move this post and create a where are they now thread for all the lost souls that have drifted away over time?

T.

Good to know he is still out there lurking. There are other members who have drifted away overtime (understandabe as with any hobby) and it would be nice to have a "where are they now" thread. Certainly as with talented customizers such as antacost, newer members and customizers may find inspiration in the work.

about 6 weeks ago i p.m. him about his custom cloud and blade minimates and if he still had the decals,nicely he told me he had lost them with a hard drive crash i was bummed but the was the first and last time i chatted with him.I would love to se some more customs off him he is a damb good artist

Glad to know eclipse! It's amazing how close to the production versions many of antacost's customs turned out to be.

yes they are thats why i had to aproach him, amazing work

T.

Good to know he is still out there lurking. There are other members who have drifted away overtime (understandabe as with any hobby) and it would be nice to have a "where are they now" thread. Certainly as with talented customizers such as antacost, newer members and customizers may find inspiration in the work.

Glad to know eclipse! It's amazing how close to the production versions many of antacost's customs turned out to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Dang. A guy goes away for a couple of years, and now I'm Howard Hughes...

Pretty close, actually. Down in the basement working on something... Pretty sure it's not the biggest thing since the C3 foot though...

I get on here maybe once a month or so. Really burnt out on Minimates when the started doing all of the movie stuff. Don't get me wrong. I still love the little blocks. I've even started rebuying some here and there. Definately not as many as I used to. Just the one's that strike my fancy..

I haven't done a whole lot of custom Minimates for awhile. Burnt out. I've been working on a set of figures for myself for the last year and a half. Pretty slow going... Although, I was "talked into" making some new figures for one of our members. Still working on them, I promise.

I've got a kid now, and he takes alot out of me. My late night customizing sessions usually end up with me asleep in the chair at my work table.

I will have an update "soon"? Hopefully...

Great to see you're still amongst the living Antacost! I for one, have really missed seeing your custom work. Much like yourself, I find it hard to find time to customize these days. I can't wait to see what you've got cooking up your sleeve for your next custom. Welcome back sir!

Oh now im excited - cant wait to see what you have been workin on!!

Dang. A guy goes away for a couple of years, and now I'm Howard Hughes...

Pretty close, actually. Down in the basement working on something... Pretty sure it's not the biggest thing since the C3 foot though...

I get on here maybe once a month or so. Really burnt out on Minimates when the started doing all of the movie stuff. Don't get me wrong. I still love the little blocks. I've even started rebuying some here and there. Definately not as many as I used to. Just the one's that strike my fancy..

I haven't done a whole lot of custom Minimates for awhile. Burnt out. I've been working on a set of figures for myself for the last year and a half. Pretty slow going... Although, I was "talked into" making some new figures for one of our members. Still working on them, I promise.

I've got a kid now, and he takes alot out of me. My late night customizing sessions usually end up with me asleep in the chair at my work table.

I will have an update "soon"? Hopefully...

Exactly the same reason I stopped customizing buddy. Started traveling for work and now got 2 kids. Leaves me with exactly no time for anything else. Glad to see pop back in here.