UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man Movie Mates

neolego

So, what do you guys think the chances are of getting an Iron Man Movie wave? I was just checking out the Iron Man Movie thread and was thinking, we need to get some Iron Man Movie Mates. Honestly, if they can take the time and effort to put out Ghost Rider mates, there is no excuse for missing Iron Man. However, that being said, we have not heard anything. The movie is due out next year so we have plenty of time. Seeing the current trend (X3, GR, SM3) it would just make sense to get Iron Man mates, right? What do you guys think, do you want to see more movie waves? Discuss. neo

If DST does do Iron Man movie sets, here's hoping this CLASSIC ARMOR will get the treatment. And yes this is a pic from the movie.

As far as sets go (if DST does 1 series a la X3 or GR), I'd like to see the following:

- Red and gold armor Iron Man & the Mandarin

- Mark 1 armor Iron Man & James Rhodes (hopefully as War Machine)

- Tony Stark & Pepper Potts (I'll switch her as soon as more characters or IM armors become public)

- variant: wounded Tony Stark

Yeah, I wouldn't imagine that we'd get more than 2 suits. The first (pictured above) and the more modern suit. However, if they did a progression of suits we could see something like this:

1st Suit Iron Man & Acient Guy (name?)

2nd Suit Iron Man & Jim Rhodes

3rd Suit Iron Man (final) & Mandarin

Variant: Tony Stark (in place of Rhodes)

I dunno, I really feel they will include Tony as a regular figure, but I'd prefer 3 variations of the Armour, but that's just me. neo

Hell yeah we need IM movie minimates :D

If we're playing guess the series without having any clue for the movie ( I'm trying to keep fairly spoiler free)

1) Grey/1st Movie Suit & Pepper Potts

2) Modern(?) Movie suit & Rhodey ( chase War machine, even if there's not one in the film ;) )

3) Tony Stark& whichever Villain is in the Movie.

If we're dreaming about an IM wave (ignoring the Movie) would be more like

1)Modern IM & Titanium Man

2)Arctic Armour & The Mandarin

3)Warmachine & Crimson Dynamo

Chase would be Ult IM.

Damn that was hard narrowing it down, I really could have done 2 waves :)

T.

Know what would be super cool? If they did an end run around the prohibition on 3" mates for Marvel by just making big pieces for a Hulkbuster Iron Man.

It would make sense because the HB armor was composed of pieces that attached to the regular-sized modular armor. So the mate could be Modular Armor IM, and instead of a second mate, they could pack in 3" scale Hulkbuster pieces that fit on the 2" mate.

yes the more minimates the better. I also liked TBT! idea of the warmachine.

It looks like the only movies that get lines are good movies. For example, DD and Hulk never got Mates. But I guess that's because they came out way earlier...

Glomit

It looks like the only movies that get lines are good movies. For example, DD and Hulk never got Mates. But I guess that's because they came out way earlier...

Glomit

Why do you think the first wave of Marvel Minimates featured Daredevil and Hulk, in the same year as both their movies came out? It's the same deal the wave eight came out before the FF movie appeared, it's just that now that DST is going directly for the movie licenses instead.

I gotta vote for none.

I want completely new characters, not movie re-hash versions.

Why not at all?

Because the movie lines so far have put a hiatus on the comic book character versions coming out, which is my whole reason to buy the line.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for new parts and all. But I couldn't give a rat's ass about a movie version of Iron Man or Tony Stark when I've already got comic versions of them and still no Titanium Man, Black Widow, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin and so forth.

Know what would be super cool? If they did an end run around the prohibition on 3" mates for Marvel by just making big pieces for a Hulkbuster Iron Man.

It would make sense because the HB armor was composed of pieces that attached to the regular-sized modular armor. So the mate could be Modular Armor IM, and instead of a second mate, they could pack in 3" scale Hulkbuster pieces that fit on the 2" mate.

Yeah, a bit like what they did with the modern cylon 'mates!

Patriot

I was just thinking, it would be awesome if they did a Movie wave and then an Exclusive Target Iron Man wave (like they are doing with Spider-Man). The Target wave is comic based and the series are based on the movie. That way we could get our movie mates and then we could get a Current Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man, and War Machine mates (by far the top 3 most wanted Iron Men). neo

I have to agree with what some said and hope that we don't see movie mates. If the Marvel movies were treated like a separate line, I'd be singing a different tune, but at present, the movie versions of people we've already seen are taking away from a whole host of characters that we haven't seen yet. Yay Ghost Rider, X-Men, and Spider-Man, but where's Vengeance, Apocalypse, and the Sinister Six?

I love the movie version of characters in minimate form, I really do. And I'd love to have an entire movieverse of characters, but not when I have to sacrifice the comic book counterparts to get it.

Basically, I'd prefer comic book tie-in characters for Iron Man over movie Iron Man, but I'll take either one.