UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's Dr. Strange's box set?

boyd

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the impending new Fantastic Four movie, I think a Silver Surfer is assured. I am going to predict a chrome version with a face which alludes to the movie version.

Namor and a powerhouse Hulk will round out the set.

Now if DST gives us four brand new characters, say Strange, Namor, Angel, and Hawkeye - I will eat Ady's new hat.

That'd be a shame, since Angel will most likely eventually show up in something X-Men related and Hawkeye in something Avengers.

IF we get 4 new chars, best to make em

Strange

Namor

Valkyrie

Nighthawk

Considering the fact that we aren't likely to get Valkyrie or Nighthawk anywhere else :tongue:

Still think it'll be Classic Defenders, though. Sad, too. (Although C3 feet Hulk will be nice)

IIRC they tried to vac-metalize/chrome the AFX SS/Thanos Packs' Surfer and they couldn't get it to work... Not gonna hold my breath for it to happen this time round... AA also recently had issues chroming some Cylon statue.

My moneys on classic defenders.

i think it'll be illuminati.

-Dr. Strange

-Modern Iron Man

-Black Bolt

-Black Panther

I hope so. I like those guys. I'd get two and make one Black Panther Zombie, but I think they will save Panther for a new FF set. It would be cheap for them and they would be able to reuse a lot ov characters. I think it will be Strange, Iron Man, Black Bolt and X

[i agree although I wouldn't be surprised if Silver Surfer was chromed somehow.

:blackspidey: the spider man 3 minimates from the debut 2 pack are painted with extra glossy paint this would probably work well to give silver surfer a chromeish appearance.

I've got to side with the logical choice and that would be classic Defenders. Even though we've seen half of the lineup before, I think that half will be updated enough to warrant the retread. Still, the boxed set is only worth its price tag if the powers that be do the following:

• Hulk must have an equivalent to the Powerhouse chest piece. Bulking up the Zombie Hulk is just a slap in the face if old school Hulk doesn't get the same treatment.
  • Silver Surfer has to have an updated look. There's only so many times we can get the same design before we start to cry foul. Give him the shinier paint that was used for the Downloaded Cylon.
  • Namor must be in classic attire. We've enough parts to make the new look on our own, so give us the classic green trunks.
  • Namor has to have the "wings" on his feet/ankles. Be it painted on or sculpted, they have to show that kind of attention to detail.
  • Accessories! Granted, Hulk and Namor don't need much in the way of accessories, but Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer both project energy in one way or another. There's enough different energy projection sculpts where they could have something.
  • Updated body sculpts all around. Though the reversed legs aren't necessary, there have been numerous improvements in the body and feet of the minimate sculpt that ignoring any of them would be an oversight.

Again I say, Illuminati. If you know what's happening in the MU right now, you'll agree. See spoiler for my arguement

Illuminati sent Hulk into space to stop him from fighting in Civil War. Hulk is coming back in a new crossover called World War Hulk in which he tries to kill all of the Illuminati.

Thus the Illuminati is the smarter choice. In fact, I believe the only reason that we got a Thor was because he was in Civil War (sorta). Illuminati is the smartest path to reach recent readers.

So, this is your argument for Illuminati:

World War Hulk is coming this summer. So, Strange, Namor, and either Black Bolt, Richards, or Stark is a better tie into that then Strange, Namor, Hulk, and Surfer (whose new film seems rather prominant to ignore) ??

Plus, I don't think the Illuminati would bother "defending" their offices :tongue:

Again I say, Illuminati. If you know what's happening in the MU right now, you'll agree. See spoiler for my arguement

Illuminati sent Hulk into space to stop him from fighting in Civil War. Hulk is coming back in a new crossover called World War Hulk in which he tries to kill all of the Illuminati.

Thus the Illuminati is the smarter choice. In fact, I believe the only reason that we got a Thor was because he was in Civil War (sorta). Illuminati is the smartest path to reach recent readers.

For the love of sweet baby Jesus...it is the defenders. end of story

DST Radical came right out and said "defending our offices" it is the defenders deal with it....EVERYONE

For the love of sweet baby Jesus...it is the defenders. end of story

DST Radical came right out and said "defending our offices" it is the defenders deal with it....EVERYONE

Ya, listen to murderofcrows. The DST Radical said "...defending our offices", not "...illuminating our offices". So until DST changes "defending" to "illuminating" you're just going to have to accept that the Defenders are coming to a boxed set near you and not the Illuminati.

We're getting Dr Strange. Does it really matter what team it is? Are any of you not going to buy the set if its the Defenders? How about if it is Illuminati? Secret Defenders with Darkhawk, Thunderstrike and Nomad? No? Then why argue about it? Thye're minimates. You're going to buy them all - you know it, I know it and AA/DST knows it.

Feel free to throw your theories out there, but please play nice gang.

We're getting Dr Strange. Does it really matter what team it is? Are any of you not going to buy the set if its the Defenders? How about if it is Illuminati? Secret Defenders with Darkhawk, Thunderstrike and Nomad? No? Then why argue about it? Thye're minimates. You're going to buy them all - you know it, I know it and AA/DST knows it.

While I agree we will buy them no matter what, it just gets under my skin, when people are "told" (defending the dst offices, how much fu..ing clearer does it have to get?) what they are going to be and STILL insist it will be something else. :angry:

While I agree we will buy them no matter what, it just gets under my skin, when people are "told" (defending the dst offices, how much fu..ing clearer does it have to get?) what they are going to be and STILL insist it will be something else. :angry:

I understand where you're coming from MOC. Really, I do. Honestly until DST reveals all, it's just speculation at this point.

I was talking to a co-worker yesterday about an issue in the office. (Employee A had used employee B 's chair and adjusted the seat. Employee B was very upset - to the point of tears.) I found out then that my co-worker's father has just recently been diagnosed with a fairly deadly form of cancer. (Is there any other kind of cancer, btw? Isn't it all deadly?) At that point, it kind of put the office drama into the proper perspective for me. So if it seems like I'm blowing you off about this issue, I apologize. That's not my intent - there are just bigger things to get worked up over than speculation over which characters will be included in the box set. ¿Comprendé? :thumbsup:

I understand where you're coming from MOC. Really, I do. Honestly until DST reveals all, it's just speculation at this point.

I was talking to a co-worker yesterday about an issue in the office. (Employee A had used employee B 's chair and adjusted the seat. Employee B was very upset - to the point of tears.) I found out then that my co-worker's father has just recently been diagnosed with a fairly deadly form of cancer. (Is there any other kind of cancer, btw? Isn't it all deadly?) At that point, it kind of put the office drama into the proper perspective for me. So if it seems like I'm blowing you off about this issue, I apologize. That's not my intent - there are just bigger things to get worked up over than speculation over which characters will be included in the box set. ¿Comprendé? :thumbsup:

I wasn't busting your balls over this, just frustrated

I think he's going to be in the back to the future set, it's an obvious lineup: Marty, Dr Strange, Biff and Lorraine.

I agree with MoC, they've all but announced it's the defenders...I'm surprised this thread has the legs it has.

T.

Come on guys, obviously it has to be the Illuminati. The "defending the DST offices" was a bit of misdirection to fool the unobservant. They can't come right out and say Illuminati, that's not how they operate. You have to hunt and dig for the facts and relationships then slowly assemble all the little clues into one glorious whole! Only then will you come to realize the all encompassing power and control this group of gifted individuals has over your daily life.

Here's the proof. Look at the phrase used in the Radical Confidential newsletter, "defending the DST offices". It has three words and one acronym. We'll start with the acronym, DST. You'd think this stands for Diamond Select Toys, you'd be wrong. It is actually referencing Daylight Saving Time. The only state in the continental United States that does not observe Daylight Saving Time is Arizona. Arizona's state flower is the Saguaro Flower. After this flower is pollinated it forms a red fruit containing 2000 seeds. In Roman numerals 2000 is indicated with "MM".

You're probably thinking that "MM" is a reference to "Minimates," but you're wrong. "M" is the thirteenth letter of the English alphabet. MM = M*M = 13*13 = 169. 169 is the sum of seven consecutive prime numbers (13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37). If we go back to the phrase and look at the three remaining words, "defending", "the", and "offices," we can see there are 19 total letters, which is one of the seven primes. So we remove 19 from the list and convert the remaining numbers to their letter equivalents (modulo 26, of course.) 13->M, 17->Q , 23->W, 29(3)->C, 31(5)->E, 37(11)->K.

MQWCEK, doesn't look like much, right? Well, shift it eight characters forward and we get UYEKMS. Rearrange the letters and you get "SKY EMU". Now we know emus can't fly, so this is an obvious reference to the emu constellation identified by aboriginal Australians. Aboriginal Australians account for 2.5% of the total population of Australia. 2.5% expressed as a fraction is 1/40. Forty days (and forty nights), was the duration for which rain fell during Noah's flood. On Noah's Ark there were two of every animal. In Ghostbusters 2, Ray discovers a river of slime flowing through the New York Pneumatic Railroad's Van Horne Station beneath the intersection of East 77th Street and First Avenue. First Avenue, as in "one." Pull out a one dollar bill (US) and look at the back. See the pyramid with the eye on top? Well-known symbol of the Illuminati.

Dun-dun DUNNNN.