UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's Dr. Strange's box set?

boyd

We know Dr. Strange is coming this year in a box set. But we don't know who else in the box set. Anyone care to guess which of the following might be the mysterious box set?

A: Defenders set (with Namor, Silver Surfer and powerhouse-chest Hulk)

B: New Avengers set (with Luke Cage with bald head, Iron Fist and new Ronin)

C: "The Oath" set (with Wong, Night Nurse and the bad guy who's name I can't remember)

D: Dr. Strange set (with Clea, Wong and Baron Mordo)

C: Marvel Knights set (with Black Panther, Daredevil and Punisher)

E: Midnight Sons set (with Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze and Lilith)

F: Doctors set (with Dr. Doom, Dr. Druid and Dr. Pym)

G: Marvel Macabre set (with Man-Thing, Morbius and Werewolf by Night)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of those seem possible except for option F. B is a long shot because we've already gotten a New Avengers wave, and it would be overkill to release all those characters again. C, D, and G are equally long shots, as they seem a bit too generic. You could also include the Ultimate Knights line-up as a possibility with anyone from Moon Knight, Daredevil, Spider-Man, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist, though this too seems a long shot. Also, you could use any of the dead heroes from that Deadgirl mini series from a year or two ago, though the obscurity factor would be immense.

No, the likeliest of choices is the Defenders, though which line-up is the only thing up in the air. Here's hoping we get the Namor, Surfer, Hulk variety, as that seems to be the definitive group. I'd love to see it branch out to some of the lesser known/used heroes to fill out the line-up, but I think if they go the Defenders route, they're going to used the most known team.

All of those seem possible except for option F. B is a long shot because we've already gotten a New Avengers wave, and it would be overkill to release all those characters again. C, D, and G are equally long shots, as they seem a bit too generic. You could also include the Ultimate Knights line-up as a possibility with anyone from Moon Knight, Daredevil, Spider-Man, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist, though this too seems a long shot. Also, you could use any of the dead heroes from that Deadgirl mini series from a year or two ago, though the obscurity factor would be immense.

No, the likeliest of choices is the Defenders, though which line-up is the only thing up in the air. Here's hoping we get the Namor, Surfer, Hulk variety, as that seems to be the definitive group. I'd love to see it branch out to some of the lesser known/used heroes to fill out the line-up, but I think if they go the Defenders route, they're going to used the most known team.

what he said :rolleyes:

If I was picking from the list I would go with A-Defenders, but I don't believe it will be one of those. In fact, I believe that it will be an "Illuminati" set.

illuminatikf5.jpg

There are only 6 members, so you can pick whatever 5 you want. I would go with Black Bolt, Namor, Dr Strange, Iron Man (New Armour), and Professor X. neo

Do you guys remember that in the radical letter it said "defending toy shelves" or something to that effect? Sounds pretty certain it's Defenders....and I think the most useful.

From DST "In fact, they may also find themselves defending the DST offices"

It's pretty clear to me, no?

Completely forgot about the Illuminati. Or maybe I was mind wiped? Highly doubtful though, because we know it's supposed to be a four character boxed-set based off of the Radical Confidential. It's just not the Illuminati without the whole line-up. Still, what other direction can they go in for Professor X? And I don't see them updating Mr. Fantastic unless they either a)go the blue and white route, or b)find a new way to portray his expanding powers. I suppose a Namor, Strange, Black Bolt, Iron Man would be the easiest route though, since you can just mod a Bullseye mask and New X-Men Wolverine coat and simply paint the rest.

I still say Defenders though.

Very clear. This will be Dr. Strange with "office" Minimates. Robby Robertson, JJ Jameson, and Ned Leeds. You think you can escape Chuck's love of Spider-man? Think again.

Very clear. This will be Dr. Strange with "office" Minimates. Robby Robertson, JJ Jameson, and Ned Leeds. You think you can escape Chuck's love of Spider-man? Think again.

Hey we got two boxsets with Spider-Man, why not three? I'm up for it. :P

btw, there is more to the rest of the text that makes it subjective. "Big name Marvel Universe heroes" so some of what you say obviously wouldn't make sense.

The solicit reads that they may be found "DEFENDING" the DST offices.

If that isn't a dead give-away, I don't know what is.

If they don't release a Namor with this in green trunks, I'm going to be really disappointed in the company and the people who make the decisions.

I hope we get two completely new characters. NO HULK and NO SURFER.

Illuminati would be okay if we got Black Bolt and the current Iron Man armor, but Defenders would be best if we could get Hawkeye (he was a Defender!) and Valkeryie, Hellcat, Nightwing or Gargoyle.

What it'll end up being:

- Dr. Strange

- Namor

- Silver Surfer (new deco)

- Powehouse Hulk

I agree although I wouldn't be surprised if Silver Surfer was chromed somehow.

If they don't release a Namor with this in green trunks, I'm going to be really disappointed in the company and the people who make the decisions.

We could easily get the classic costume version in a later wave (or box set) if the modern costume version is released first.

Actually, I would more than welcome a new Surfer.....with one exception: Pegs on the Board. We see that Goblin is getting a glider and although it's not been confirmed I would bet my first born it's going to have pegs for the C3 feet. I would love to see a Chromed out Sufter with a Pegged Board. If not, it better not be included! neo

What it'll end up being:

- Dr. Strange

- Namor

- Silver Surfer (new deco)

- Powehouse Hulk

I agree although I wouldn't be surprised if Silver Surfer was chromed somehow.

I think the word we're looking for is "Vac-Metallizing". What is vac-metallizing?

Vac-Metallizing: Plastic pieces are coated with a special paint that dries to a slightly sticky finish. They're then loaded into a chamber which contains two large vertical tungsten electrodes and aluminum rods are hung between them. The air in the chamber is pumped out to create a vacuum as a tremendous electrical current is pumped through the tungsten electrodes. The combination causes the aluminum rods to instantly vaporize and spray outwards, coating everything within their spray pattern. The aluminum spray sticks to the special paint on the plastic, giving them that shiney, chromed look.

The aluminum coating is very fragile at this point, so a clear sealer coat is sprayed over it for protection (transparent dyes can be added to produce other metallic colors). The pieces are then generally run through this process again using different vac-chamber racks so surfaces that weren't coated during the first blast are exposed for vac-metallizing. While it does give us the look of metal pieces without the associated production costs, the thin layer of metal has a tendency to flake off over time, and the pieces show fingerprints very easily.

:thumbsup: Defenders! :thumbsup: What else could it be?

Glomit

As far as the a New Avengers set goes, there are THREE NAer's we don't have commerically:

Dr.Strange

Echo(She's not Ronin anymore, she's going to be on the team offically as Echo)

Iron Fist

Be pretty easy to fill the forth slot I'd imagine with a few variants/newbies:

Masked Astonishing Wolverine

Jessica Jones

Unmasked Black Spidey

Evil Elecktra

Hand Ninja

and so on.....

It must be Defenders. The quote is pretty darn specific. And, as cool as a Valkyrie would be, Defenders aren't Defenders unless they are original team.

What I think we will get

Strange

Namor (green trunks, please)

Powerhouse Hulk

Surfer (same deco, w/ pegs on the surfboard. We can dream, at least)