Iron Man Movie

allsey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I actually found this picture last night but didn't get around to posting it. I think it's completely sweet. It looks like it stepped right off of the comic book page. While I don't think any comic movie will take Spidey's place in my heart, I think Iron Man has the best chance. I cannot wait for this movie! neo

Yeah it looks really cool and I agree it's a great start. I hope we're getting the Modern or Ultimate look for the final armor. Interesting.

I'm just not sold on Robert Downey Jr., I just don't think he has the persona for a Tony Stark. I'll still give him a chance though.

I'm just not sold on Robert Downey Jr., I just don't think he has the persona for a Tony Stark. I'll still give him a chance though.

I'm having the same problem. I knew Cage was the wrong guy to be Blaze in the GR movie, but I gave him a chance and he blew it just like I knew he would. Downey would not even be on my list for playing Tony Stark. Its almost as if the producers asked, "who could really blow this role?", and went with it.

HOWEVER, I love the suit so far. It plays very well into the "reality" of what Stark was trying to develop. I hope the modern suit is just as cool.

Way back at SDCC last year Favreau said they'd start with the old clunky armour and then show it evolve as the movie(s) went on so it being the original armour doesn't surprise me at all.

Gotta say I love the way that armour looks :)

As for RDJ I can actually see him pulling off Stark pretty well, he looks like Stark does these days when he has a goatee and he can actually act. My only worry is that he'd be tempted to ham it up cos it's a comic character, if they can keep the hammy factor down then he'll be fine.

T.

My only worry is that he'd be tempted to ham it up cos it's a comic character, if they can keep the hammy factor down then he'll be fine.

T.

Your MMMV quote for the day: "if they can keep the hammy factor down then he'll be fine." :P

Super Hero movies are going to be huge this year. I think they are going to release batman II this year not too sure on that though.

I'm having the same problem. I knew Cage was the wrong guy to be Blaze in the GR movie, but I gave him a chance and he blew it just like I knew he would. Downey would not even be on my list for playing Tony Stark. Its almost as if the producers asked, "who could really blow this role?", and went with it.

I don't know guys, Robert Downey Jr. is a very talented actor. That and he has the substance abuse angle going for him. I'm not quite sure why but I feel very comfortable with this movie being in Jon Favreau's hands.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome!! It's spot on to the Current Comic Armour and I couldn't be more happy. That is by far my favorite Iron Man suit to date. Thanks for the pic! neo

Reportedly both suits have been built practically by Stan Winston's studio so there aren't any CG cheats when it comes to proportions and anatomy. That's one of my pet peeves about the comic armor; in some cases it's better off as a mecha suit given the creative liberties some "designers" take.

Looks good so far. Really wish Hasbro was offering a 4-inch scale line. I guess I'll take the Minimates instead.

Not sure if anyone has seen this or not, but I thought I'd share:

ironmantonyxd5.jpg

I'd have to say that Downey makes an Awesome Tony. I know he is a druggie, but I really think he can pull off this character. I've liked him before (Natural Born Killers, US Marshalls, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) and I really think he could surprise a lot of people. Here's hoping! neo

I'll reserve my judgement till I see the movie, but I just don't feel good about Robert Downey JR. Thanks for the pic. The scene in the pic looks fine and I'm very curious to see how the suit develops. I want to see the character in action.

Wow....

That's all I'm gonna say about the new suit... It's close enough to the comic book to please the modern IM geeks and yet still keeps the iconic circular unibeam etc.. I like it a lot.

part of me wanted to see a costume that is less angular like the ones from the 70's & 80's and evolve into the new one but heck I like what I've seen.

and as for R.D.jr I still think it was a great choice and he'll do a great job as Tony, He's also said that he's greatfull for the chance to be in such a big movie. Also I havea lot of faith in Favreau too.

T.

p.s. JL if you havent seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang then watch it it might ease your worries about R.D.jr a little.