UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I want a Sentinel, but which one?

Jad

My X-Men teams are tired of fighting Magneto, Juggernaut, and Mystique, so I figured I'd better give them a more hefty adversary. Enter: The Sentinels! Well, just one Sentinel to start off with. But, I'd like to gauge your opinions: should I get the Minimates Max statue, or the Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure? Now just a little about me: I collect every line of Minimates (Marvel, DC, BSG, Rocky, Star Trek, you name it), but I don't collect other action figure lines, except for 12" Star Wars and GI Joe. So, I'm not interested in getting the Marvel Legends figures - they're nice, but I just don't have the space. Anyway, let's break it down:

Minimates Max Statue:

+ exact style as other 'mates

+ official AA product

- around $70 on eBay

- not poseable (though there was some talk of customizing one in this thread:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ic=496&st=0 but I don't think it got anywhere)

ML BAF Sentinel:

+ around $40-50 on eBay (and therefore cheaper to build an army of them)

+ poseable

- sculpted, not sure how well it matches Minimates style?

So there's my conundrum. Any thoughts?

The ML BAF Setinel is a great figure and the tallest of them all. Its also not a bad scale for minimates.

However, the Maxi Sentinel is not a bad piece and seems to go well with a minimates display. I do not own one myself, but have seen some great displays using the Maximate.

I have had both at one time. I originally had the BAF one from when I was still collecting ML. As I got into minimates I thought about using it for display/play but I just never got onboard with the style difference. The scale I could look past, but the fine detail work on the BAF just looked too out of place compared to the mates. Then I recently got a MAX Sentinel and while I miss the articulation of the BAF, I'm much happier with the aesthetic effect. And don't lose hope about Ebay - I got mine on there for about $50-60 shipped (I'd have to verify the exact amount) so just keep looking and keep your eyes peeled.

I love my MAX one, it looks great on display with the rest of the minimates....however the BAF definatly have a better playability factor. If anyone is interested I have both the BAF Galactus and Sentinel available for trade.

Jeff of the Minis

I have the ML Sentinel but no minimate max sentinel, he looks pretty cool fighting minimates and is HUGE compared to them.

As peeps are saying if you want something that's pure minimates display then go for the MAX if you dont mind the sentinel being a little less blocky than your mates then go ML.

I'll try and get some ML & Mates pix up a bit later for you.

T.

The ML Sentinel looks really cool along side a bunch of X-men Mates :)

But another choice is the Heroclix Sentinel.

Check it out in my Yard Sale thread, I have a pic there. It's not close to the size as the ML one, but it is quite nice looking.....but, sadly it has no articulation at all.

Just a thought for ya!

Honestly, I chose the Marvel Legends version for my mates.

well like jcastick said a heroclix mate is a good option too :)my clix sentinel

but i think both the ML or the clix ones workk out good, cause the max one looks kinda overwelming

but the bad thing about the clix one is that only his hands can twist and the rest isnt poseable

Bean, I'd buy the BAF figure one... poseable is better than inanimate, IMO. And you can build an army!!! AND it's cheaper (in my economics situation, that's a great advantage :P )

But you know... if you want to be loyal to your minimates, buy the Max one. ;)

Thanks for all your input, folks. I've decided to get the Max statue. I figured I'm more of a display-er than a play-er. Now if I can just find it at a halfway decent price....