UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rock Minimates!!

:biggrin:Wouldn't it be sooooo cool if they could be minimates based off rock bands

My choice would be Blink 182 :biggrin:

I mean we could have Travis w/drum sticks and a complete drum set(also with really good tatoo deatils)

We could also have Mark and Tom with guitars and microphones w/stands! :thumbsup:

What band would you like to be minimated??

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P very amusing guys...

The prob with Rockmates is that there isn't really a market for them, yes different bands have fans but is there enough 182 fans that would actually buy toys based on the band to support a line? I dont think so.

It's a shame as personally I'd love to see a 'JL & the Wurlies' line of minimates.

T.

Sex Pistos, Ramones. 'Nuff said!

Glomit

but is there enough 182 fans that would actually buy toys based on the band to support a line?

T.

Well I was thinking more of a boxset for the band :mellow:

There could be a posibility of doing a line w/only boxsets :whistling:

Oh yeah another band that I would like minimated is "Led Zepplin"

Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, VAN HALEN (roth era) , van halen post roth era. Queen. those would all be great, and if they could make some like minimate stages would be cool.

Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, VAN HALEN (roth era) , van halen post roth era. Queen. those would all be great, and if they could make some like minimate stages would be cool.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of these ideas kinda suck...

Of all the bands mentioned so far, I think KISS is the only one I would definately buy...

MAYBE an Ozzy or a Rob Zombie, if done with a cool look...

If they're gonna do this, they need bands with visual appeal, not just any random band that people enjoy listening too. (Which is probably why the ones I mentioned are the ones they've already made... I mean duh...)

I mean Metallica? Blink 182? Good bands, but they make for sucky minimates... "This is our guys in T-Shirts holding guitars line..."

Now a musical group I would drop a crapton of money for minimates of in a heartbeat (and I know you'll give me crap for this, but still, I say it)...

The Spice Girls

HUGE visual appeal there. They'd make awesome minimates. They're like living cartoon characters.

I'm talking early... lameass Spice Girls, mind you. Before Ginger left, and they got all serious and boring.

The hair and dress possibilities are near endless... what I wouldn't give for a British Flag dress for my minimates... or a good set of pigtails...

:biggrin:

Some of these ideas kinda suck...

Of all the bands mentioned so far, I think KISS is the only one I would definately buy...

MAYBE an Ozzy or a Rob Zombie, if done with a cool look...

:D It's too bad you're not into the three inchers. :whistling:

• 4 months later...
Danzig!

glenmini.jpg

We'll need the rest of The Misfits too

Oh Hell yes! I've actually been trying to piece together spare parts (with a minimum of sculpting. Reason #138 why I needed that Ghost Rider Movie wave to happen...that leather jacket for Jerry Only!) to customize the "original" Misfits. Great Danzig btw! Another visually-interesting band in mate-form would be GWAR. While I sincerely doubt that any of this would actually happen, it is fun to think about.

Danzig!

glenmini.jpg

We'll need the rest of The Misfits too

Oh Hell yes! I've actually been trying to piece together spare parts (with a minimum of sculpting. Reason #138 why I needed that Ghost Rider Movie wave to happen...that leather jacket for Jerry Only!) to customize the "original" Misfits. Great Danzig btw! Another visually-interesting band in mate-form would be GWAR. While I sincerely doubt that any of this would actually happen, it is fun to think about.

I think Marty from BttF comes with a leather jacket. Need the guitars from the BttF minis too. Doyle should be pretty easy to pull off with Namor a little paint and a little epoxy sculpt. As for drummers I'd go with Mr. Jim the first drummer, because he works with a friend of mine and hes a hell of a nice guy.

As somebody said, bands with visual appeal are a must. As much as I'm no fan of any of the "visual" bands I can think of, they would make good looking 'Mates. Slipknot in particular comes to mind.

However, I think some of the biggest classics could work. Namely Elvis and the Beatles.