UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rock Minimates!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why. Has. No. One. Mentioned. DEVO?

Because like many of the other bands that you have sullied this thread with Devo is pretty terrible and not to mention extremely irrelevant.

Devo was one of the most innovative rock bands of the 20th century and are still to this day considered ahead of their time. Not to mention the extent of their influence. Their music is just beyond a lot of peoples reach. On top of that, they would make great mates. Id like a set in the yellow hazmat suits!

Because like many of the other bands that you have sullied this thread with Devo is pretty terrible and not to mention extremely irrelevant.

Devo was one of the most innovative rock bands of the 20th century and are still to this day considered ahead of their time. Not to mention the extent of their influence. Their music is just beyond a lot of peoples reach. On top of that, they would make great mates. Id like a set in the yellow hazmat suits!

So now it's because I don't get DEVO?

Thank you sir, for putting my thoughts into words. :)

You know who was born to be a toy? Von LMO.

Buckethead?

bootsy collins?

Gwar?

Kiss?

Daft punk?

and for some strange reason george clinton

I think these guys were born to be toys.

read earlier and I totally agree interstella 5555 would make a great set

• 2 weeks later...

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and The Sex Pistols would make great boxsets if they put more than four mates in a box.

and for The Ramones a box-set with the Original line up, Joey, Jonny, Dee Dee and Tommy, and then have a 2pk with Marky and CJ.

and then for the Misfits same again boxset with Danzig, Jerry Only, Doyle, and Robo, and then a 2pk with Dr Chud and Michale Graves. and if ur doin a custom Jerry Only, you need to use the hair from either 24's andre drezen or ghost busters peter venkman, to get Only's receding hairline right

also not a huge fan of the guy, but Marlyn Manson would work well as a minimate, IMHO.

Destroy All Monsters would be great.

post-1879-1266023330_thumb.jpg

And, why not, a Lubricated Goat Comic-Con exclusive. :P

post-1879-1266023438_thumb.jpg

More im too lazy to get pics for:

Stiv Bators 4-pack (Dead Boys, Wanderers, solo, and Lords of the New Church versions)

GG Allin ( with "clump of feces" hand :P )

Jamie Klimek/Mirrors

P.S. Mods, if you find that Lubricated Goat pic too edgy or disturbing for this forum, i'll remove it.)

• 4 weeks later...
The Ramones a box-set with the Original line up, Joey, Jonny, Dee Dee and Tommy, and then have a 2pk with Marky and CJ.

and then for the Misfits same again boxset with Danzig, Jerry Only, Doyle, and Robo, and then a 2pk with Dr Chud and Michale Graves.

1. I would be the first in line for Ramones Minimates. Gotta find a way to squeeze in the Pinhead with the "Gabba Gabba Hey!" sign though.

2. Not being a fan of The Misfits 2.0 it never occurred to me to create Chud and Graves as customs. It would be easy enough to make a Gorgeous George to pair with Chud with Doyle and a few quick Alex Story, and Argyle Goolsby customs and you've got Gorgeous Frankenstein... Can make the whole Misfits Family although Danzig has had way too many lineup changes to keep up with but the first line up would be easy enough... Eerie Von, John Christ, and Chuck Biscuits. Then we'll need Christ the Conqueror...

Black Flag would be funny. A Rollins 'mate would rock... but I'd want a Circle Jerks set to go with it. Since we're just naming awesome bands with no hope of ever being produced in Minimate form, how about Big Black? A Frank Zappa mate would be pretty cool too... We really need more ways to get guitars other than that BTTF set...

• 10 months later...

You can't forget misfits Halloween circa 1981, with devilock hairmolds, or Danzig through the ages, complete with mini weight lifting equipment. B)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a fan at all but I bet a Lady Gaga box set would sell. She has enough interesting looks to do a whole set... Red Lace Pointy head outfit... Pointy Ring look... Meat Dress... Gay Darth Maul with egg-ccessory from the 2011 Grammy's...

I would buy that Danzig set in a second though!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

He's a sreet walking cheetah with a heart full o' napalm! AWESOME Iggy Pop 'Mate!

There have been some epic bands named here, especially Maiden (I want the rest of the original series!), Sabbath, the Zep, AC/DC,

I want 'em ALL! It took me a LONG time to find the entire of the first series, Alice Cooper being the rarest, strangely, as he's probably

the least cool of the four figure wise...

I'd love the Conchords, but my vote is for Tenacious D!