Rock Minimates!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danzig!

glenmini.jpg

We'll need the rest of The Misfits too

Oh Hell yes! I've actually been trying to piece together spare parts (with a minimum of sculpting. Reason #138 why I needed that Ghost Rider Movie wave to happen...that leather jacket for Jerry Only!) to customize the "original" Misfits. Great Danzig btw! Another visually-interesting band in mate-form would be GWAR. While I sincerely doubt that any of this would actually happen, it is fun to think about.

I think Marty from BttF comes with a leather jacket. Need the guitars from the BttF minis too. Doyle should be pretty easy to pull off with Namor a little paint and a little epoxy sculpt. As for drummers I'd go with Mr. Jim the first drummer, because he works with a friend of mine and hes a hell of a nice guy.

Yeah, I thought about Marty but I really wanted those crazy exagerated shoulder spikes and collar "up". The guitars would pretty much need to be completely sculpted. X-Men movie Juggernaut was my first choice for Doyle's chest with some boots to give him a little height (I suppose Danzig could use Penguin's "slippers"?!? LOL!! No offense Glenn, I'm only 5'6" myself). The drummers never really had "the look"(until Dr. Chud...but that's another story), but I'd probably go with Robo as I always loved the cover photo to "Walk Among Us". Rocky's robe could be used as a decent "Crimson Ghost" Fiend 'til something better (articulated) comes along. Samhain 'mates would be cool too (Danzig, Damien, London May, Eerie Von incarnation)...blood-spattered variants!

Just a quick note to let you know that my Glen custom now has the penguin feet. Awesome idea!

Finally made the rest of The Misfits

Misfits-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Am I the only one who thinks Buzz and The Flyers would make awesome MiniMates? :unsure:

Yes.

You crazy kids and your Linkin Park! :P

Anyway, I would kill for a ClePunk set with:

Bernie (Bernie and the Invisibles)

Mike Hudson (Pagans)

John Morton (Electric Eels)

Dave E (Jazz Destroyers and Electric Eels)

A Gun Club 2 pack with Jeffery Lee Pierce and Kid Congo Powers would also rock. Also sign me up for a King Crimson set. B)

• 1 month later...

Seeing as i listen to various music, here's a couple sets and figures i'd like to see:

Stan Ridgeway with harmonica and synthesizer

Flock of Seagulls :P

Zolar X (awesome visual appeal)

Residents (same as Zolar X)

Tesco Vee & the Meatmen

Syd Barret 2-pack (with pre and post LSD incident versions)

James Chance

Hasil Adkins

And my favorite, The Fugs! :D

Last but not least, a prog rock box set with:

Robert Fripp (King Crimson)

Gary Brooker (Procol Harum)

Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull, with sculpted pants and flute :P )

Daevid Allen (Soft Machine)

Im too lazy to type up that krautrock box-set, expect that later. :P

Am I the only one who thinks Buzz and The Flyers would make awesome MiniMates? :unsure:

Yes.

You crazy kids and your Linkin Park! :P

Anyway, I would kill for a ClePunk set with:

Bernie (Bernie and the Invisibles)

Mike Hudson (Pagans)

John Morton (Electric Eels)

Dave E (Jazz Destroyers and Electric Eels)

A Gun Club 2 pack with Jeffery Lee Pierce and Kid Congo Powers would also rock. Also sign me up for a King Crimson set. B)

1. I don't do Linkin Park.

2. I'm older than you, pretty sure.

and the cast from the musical anime crossover: Interstella 5555!!!

Oh hell yes.

daftpunk_interstella5555.jpg

I like how their look is somewhat reminiscent of the old anime series like Gatchaman or Voltes V. You can even do two boxsets based on them: regular and

human

and the cast from the musical anime crossover: Interstella 5555!!!

Oh hell yes.

daftpunk_interstella5555.jpg

I like how their look is somewhat reminiscent of the old anime series like Gatchaman or Voltes V. You can even do two boxsets based on them: regular and

human

My thoughts exactly. Daft Punk actually collaborated with an acclaimed anime director. His name and other works escape me at the moment. Either way, awesome album, awesome movie, would-be awesome minimates.

Again I'm afraid it's a case of Medicom doing this already & these came as part of a CD package.These kubricks are normal kubrick size & pretty rare ......

post-638-1264186359_thumb.jpg

Medicom released these other 2 in October last year & they are still available ......2 foot tall

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIMITED-MEDICOM-DAFT-P...=item5d272c979d

I have the standard guys but I do not intend buying the others anytime soon.

post-638-1264186228_thumb.jpg

Flight of the Conchords may dress as "civilian" as the earlier grunge-type bands mentioned in this thread, but they might actually make for a visually-distinctive couple by virtue of how kooky they already look:

Flight%20of%20the%20Conchords.jpgFlight-of-the-Conchords-718574.jpg

Plus they've made their fair share of bizarre music videos featuring them in weird costumes, off the top of my head there's their song about robots...

40203_1217228702445_500_282.jpg

Why. Has. No. One. Mentioned. DEVO?

Because like many of the other bands that you have sullied this thread with Devo is pretty terrible and not to mention extremely irrelevant.

What the hell are you smoking? I highly doubt any of your so-called bands are superior to DEVO.

the only reason there popular is for that whip it song

but does think new order or joy division would make good mates?

1.Joy Division is post-punk, my friend. :P

2.And yes, I would kill for an Ian Curtis MiniMate.

3. DEVO had other great songs, such as "Mongoloid", "Girl U Want", "Jocko Homo", and "Ugletto."

well im not a huge joy division fan,as for i find some songs depressing,i only like love will tear us apart,but i have to say,new order is 1,000,000 times better,hands down

Wow, wow, wow! We know New Order's great and all, but Joy Dvision had great songs like "Transmission", "Dead Souls", "She's Lost Control" and "Interzone"!

No, just kidding, like what you like. :P

Why. Has. No. One. Mentioned. DEVO?

Because like many of the other bands that you have sullied this thread with Devo is pretty terrible and not to mention extremely irrelevant.

What the hell are you smoking? I highly doubt any of your so-called bands are superior to DEVO.

I don't want to get into a pissing contest about this but, if a band only cultural contribution is fucking Whip It then you are playing fast and loose with the word superior. I listen to an eclectic mix of music that is vastly superior to DEVO.