UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rock Minimates!!

I wrote DST asking for Elvis and the man in black himself, Johnny Cash. You can NOT tell me that wouldn't sell. Though you may be right, Trekker, Elvis may sell better individually packaged.

Played Elvis once in a School Musical. Listen to Johnny Cash every now and then. Both would be AWSOME minimates to own!! Of course, then we'd need all those instruments we don't have yet.

I smell a retailer exclusive...;)

Who would DST need to talk to for these to happen? I'm thinking the respective estates of Presley (Priscilla and/or Lisa Marie Presley?) and Cash (Roseanne Cash?) I wonder how they would feel about Minimate versions...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would DST need to talk to for these to happen? I'm thinking the respective estates of Presley (Priscilla and/or Lisa Marie Presley?) and Cash (Roseanne Cash?) I wonder how they would feel about Minimate versions...

Well, we've seen NECA-style figures for both of those (not sure if they were actually NECA). So, turning their respective likenesses into toys isn't unheard of.

buckethead with nunchaku,guitar(les,pual),robot fists,chicken,herbie(his puppet),bass,removable bucket,that can exchange with another bucket or beanie and another guitar(flying v)

buckethead with nunchaku,guitar(les,pual),robot fists,chicken,herbie(his puppet),bass,removable bucket,that can exchange with another bucket or beanie and another guitar(flying v)

• 3 months later...

I know they are not strictly "Rock" more Rap-Metal. But I want me some Insane Clown Posse 'Mates. Shaggy and Violent J both have a crazy look about them with the clown face paint and strange hairstyles, add the whole hatchet wielding psychopath part about them and you have winners. Maybe even a box set with Twiztid, have them come with various weaponry and so on, maybe some severed heads and meat cleavers or machetes.

Shaggy 2 Dope with double sided head like on newer 'mates (one half with O.G. face paint the other side the newer style) reuse the Sabertooth hairpiece and paint it red, give him a random vest piece and some knife and done.

Violent J with same type of head, reuse the Jigsaw hairpiece but blond and also with interchangeable Sabertooth hairstyle for when he had long hair, give him a gun or knife and done.

Twiztid would require quite a bit of new sculpting on the hair only for the unique style.

Edited by DooMmonkey.

Slipknot? Insane Clown Posse? Ugh. What the F*&% are you kids listening to these days?

Even if you hate their music, you can't say they wouldn't make good 'Mates, two guys in clown makeup with various slasher-esque weaponry. Even so you could always use them as Joker's henchmen.

Slipknot? Insane Clown Posse? Ugh. What the F*&% are you kids listening to these days?

I could do with some New York Dolls, the Residents, and the Misfits.

However, I agree about Insane Clown Posse. No offense, but they are horrible, and they look incredibly stupid, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

Even if you hate their music, you can't say they wouldn't make good 'Mates, two guys in clown makeup with various slasher-esque weaponry. Even so you could always use them as Joker's henchmen.

I disagree plus I think that there is enough of their logo feces spread across the landscape as it is. Is there any way you can explain the appeal of that group? I have tried on several occasions to listen to one song. ONE. And I have yet to be able to get to the end of one yet.

I could do with some New York Dolls, the Residents, and the Misfits.

Misfits would be cool. Ramones. Green Day. Sex Pistols. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, The Clash, Run DMC, NWA, a Biggie and Tupac 2 pack. Hell they could make 3 or 4 box sets on The Beatles alone.

However, I agree about Insane Clown Posse. No offense, but they are horrible, and they look incredibly stupid, IMO.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I like them because they are the musical equivalent of a horror movie, vile, sickening and disgusting with talks of them doing things like slaughtering masses and killing people, but that is their charm. You either like them or you don't, and I still think they would make pretty good Joker henchmen as it is I mean if they made Chef Duff into a 'mate then they could make ICP in a limited release.

GWAR

Shhh or the toy company that shan't be named shall appear. its like the Candyman movie thingy

I'm not really a fan of either ICP or Slipknot but I do agree they would convert across to mate form.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

I wanna Rick James minimate!!!!!!

:biggrin:Wouldn't it be sooooo cool if they could be minimates based off rock bands

My choice would be Blink 182 :biggrin:

I mean we could have Travis w/drum sticks and a complete drum set(also with really good tatoo deatils)

We could also have Mark and Tom with guitars and microphones w/stands! :thumbsup:

What band would you like to be minimated??

I would really love some U2 mates. I know this would never happen--I wonder if I would be the only person on this forum interested. But I think if you go back to the early 90s around the Achtung Baby era there could be some awesome Bono's in there.

They could make:

-The Fly

-Mr.Macphisto

-The Mirrorball Man

The Edge with his purple vest and skull capLarry Mullen Jr and the camo and wife beaterAdam Clayton wearing the denim suit and mowhawk

You get the idea...I would die if these ever came out, or someone could do customs.

Edited by edge2100

I can understand your Bono love. I have never hidden my affection for last year's best Minimate--Susan/Madonna. If they did the Police, the Talking Heads, Def Lepard, or Van Halen (Lee Roth years) I would be ALL over them.

Damn, we need more 80s Minimates. Here's hoping we get a Ray Parker, Jr. Minimate with all the Ghostbusters stuff at some point.

I like them because they are the musical equivalent of a horror movie, vile, sickening and disgusting with talks of them doing things like slaughtering masses and killing people, but that is their charm. You either like them or you don't, and I still think they would make pretty good Joker henchmen as it is I mean if they made Chef Duff into a 'mate then they could make ICP in a limited release.

Front DST the money for your ICP 'mates the way Duff's brother did & I'd bet they'd make you whatever 'mates you wanted.

Honestly, even though I'd never have the type of money to do that, I got a kick out of hearing that. Makes any character/design idea theoretically posible. :)

Am I the only one who thinks Slipknot and ICP are on two entirely different levels?

Anyway. give me some Queen minimates. I'd buy 50 Freddies.

. give me some Queen minimates. I'd buy 50 Freddies.

I would also love these although can you imagine how long it would take to sculpt Brian Mays hair lol

I would also love pet shop boys mates !! with tiny keyboards

Am I the only one who thinks Slipknot and ICP are on two entirely different levels?

no you aren't sir. but they both like to dress up, so there ya go. although mushroomhead minimates might be neat :D

but the only ones I can really think of wanting would be static-x. wayne could have his sticking up hair and his signature flying-v guitar. woot

Edited by killcharlesdead

• 6 months later...