UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the Wizard World Spidey debut 2-pack that just came out includes the same red and black spidey figures that will be released in wave 17? If I buy the 2-pack now, and then wave 17 later, will I just end up with 2 sets of the same figures?

Considering that the WW set was a preview pack it should be, but DST has never confirmed it or no one has asked. I posted this question in the Q&A. The other twist in this is that a big chest black suit spider-man was revealed this week for the regular wave release, but a regular sized version was released with the preview pack. It confusing! :confused: Until we get a response, it's wait and see. :(

I'll also add that there could be small differences between the preview packs and regular wave releases, just because of when they might have been produced.

Isn't this the group that used to complain about Spiderman re-hashes? They have duped you all into being excited that they are releasing a full wave with NO NEW CHARACTERS, save the "NEW" Goblin. Suckers! Nice detail and all but "meh" is my general feeling about them.

Isn't this the group that used to complain about Spiderman re-hashes? They have duped you all into being excited that they are releasing a full wave with NO NEW CHARACTERS, save the "NEW" Goblin. Suckers! Nice detail and all but "meh" is my general feeling about them.

Yes, we are the same group who complained about the endless Spidey re-hashes. Guilty as charged. :D

However I would argue that this, since it is based on the movie, is all new characters. New MJ, new Gwen, new Venom, new Spidey, new Sandman and new Goblin. Much like the X3 wave, this is a different twist on the characters themselves - not tied to the comics as we've seen in the past. That, at least for me, is part of the excitement for this wave.

Red & blue Spidey has been done many times, so it takes quite a bit to get me interested in another one. I like the movie costume. Simple as that.

Many people new to minimates missed their opportunity to get a black Spidey 1st time around. Since he goes for about $30 on ebay, this is a viable option for many to fill a hole in the collection. (Same goes for Venom since they were packaged together.)

MJ was originally a con exclusive. Some have her, some don't. IMO both Gwen and MJ are upgrades to the originals.

Sandman. Not sure I'll need an untransformed Sandy - I certainly need the full on sand mode version though. Also, all the civilian and transformation versions of the characters look great.

I'm on board with this wave. Chuck and DST suckered me into buying more Spidey mates. Thanks Chuck (and co!). :D

Gotta go with Reideen on this one. The fact that these are movie versions make them different enough to warrant interest. The attention to detail is far leaps and bounds ahead of the "paint it on the front and call it a day" mindset that was present a year ago. The character specific parts add to that attention to detail. The fact that these characters better represent some of the characters we've seen in the past is just icing on the cake.

I for one have never been against all the Spider-Man stuff. Spider-Man is what got me into comics and is about the only thing that survives my attempts at slimming down my comic book pull list. The Spider-Man movie is what took the bad taste of the original Batman movie franchise out of my mouth. I like Spider-Man, so long as each character released was relevant and well made. And yeah, while we are heavy on Spider-Man in the Marvel Minimate Universe, we're desperately lacking in the Movie Universe. With these, I can have Spidey and Wolverine make fun of Ghost Rider who's waiting for the next bus.

And, just as importantly, there is a boatload of other MiniMates coming out. Instead of just Spider-Man and Wolverine rehashes, we're getting lots of new stuff, with some extra Spider-Man mixed in. So we can enjoy Spidey (or choose not to buy into that line) and new characters. Global happiness!

I see jadian's alter ego is back from the dead...

H - N - L

Hole Nova Level (for Mad TV fans)!

I don't mind if they keep coming w/ mo Spidies, because you that hate are looking at this ish the wrong way.

Listen,

Coke - The greatest, the largest, the best. Period.

Pepsi, RC, Sam's, Big K, etc. - Decent at best, all combined don't sell anywhere near Coke.

Spider Man - The greatest, sold more comics than the rest. Movies outsold the rest, the best. Period.

Wolvy, Ghost Rider, Blade, Daredevil, Elektra, Fastastic, etc. - Good is just not great.

More of the best, less of the rest. Plus, with these new MM waves, AA and DST, are taking this ish to the H-N-L!

The articulation on these mates are sizzick!

I want to see different mates too, but at the rate these crack toys are droppin', we are going to run out of money before they run out of new mates!

2007 Mates for President. Keep it comin'!

Rock On

-

Will Work 4 Mates

Isn't your next election in 2008? Or am I wrong here?

Trouble is, there's only so many times people can buy a spidey minimate without thinking they're getting more of the same thing they already have.

Yes, these movie-mates are very nice, especially for us newer collectors, but the standout figures to me are Gwen Stacey, Mary Jane and the new Goblin.

Jo

Trouble is, there's only so many times people can buy a spidey minimate without thinking they're getting more of the same thing they already have.

That's very true Jo.

That's why so many of the older group of collectors had issues with the seemingly endless rehashes of Spidey (and Wolverine, Cyclops & Batman on the C3/DC side). The movie mates have a great level of detail (not sure about anything beyond the standard minimate articulation, like Will Work 4 mentioned) and feature fresh, updated (and better in many cases) looks at the Spidey characters IMO.

Blacksun-I see jadian's alter ego is back from the dead...

Oh no, he's not back. Neither am I, lol. I just wanted to put up a quick smart ass post and that one was the first one I could recall the password for. Glad to see he's still known (me too!)

Thanks for the link Are-jay, I'd missed that one.

The rate I'm going, I'll have an army of Spidey mates, and I haven't bought any of the older ones.

And yeah, venom does look a bit better in that shot than in previous ones.

My apologies to Will Work 4 mates. I was a little sharper than intended in my reply, which was over the line for me.

Sorry for that.

Jo

Not sure if you guys were aware but they finally realeased a pic of the damaged spiderman!!! Hes in his red traditional costume. Theres also a few changes to other characters too! The pic can be found here : http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/ima...amp;ImageNo=001

Does this mean the "plain" red and black costume Spideys aren't actually in the wave? Is the DST site the only place to get them?

Not sure if you guys were aware but they finally realeased a pic of the damaged spiderman!!! Hes in his red traditional costume. Theres also a few changes to other characters too! The pic can be found here : http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/ima...amp;ImageNo=001

Does this mean the "plain" red and black costume Spideys aren't actually in the wave? Is the DST site the only place to get them?

This is the second wave of figures. The plain ones are in the first wave: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store/pro...459/001_big.jpg

(And, hey, no more Powerhouse Black Spidey)