UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

Nice to see the preview SM3 sets are slightly different from the regular releases. It looks like the hands & feet on the red & blue regular Spidey are without webbing details - is that correct? Black suit Spidey has the big chest and is also missing the extra details. Any other differences I missed?

Also do the holes in the feet fit LEGO pegs this time?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I can't wait to get mine. I preorderd oh so long ago from Cornerstore Comics too but I was too late and couln't order full sets with variants so I will have to pick them up later. I think the Sandman figure is a great variation of minimate and can't wait to check him out in person.

If you happen to have extras of the variants please check out my wants and have list in the flea market.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...t=40#entry49865

Well, I'm looking forward to Stuckakid pulling money from my credit card soon. Maybe they'll show up in time for Christmas, as part of each case is for my little brother anyway.

Just looking at the pictures tells me that I'm digging the New Goblin and not so much the new Black Spidey. I could get behind the bulky Spidey if they had made him that way across the board. But we get unmasked Spidey with the puny chest and then regular Spidey with the massive muscles. Does removing the mask make the muscles disappear?

Oh I can't wait to get mine. I preorderd oh so long ago from Cornerstore Comics too but I was too late and couln't order full sets with variants so I will have to pick them up later. I think the Sandman figure is a great variation of minimate and can't wait to check him out in person.

If you happen to have extras of the variants please check out my wants and have list in the flea market.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...t=40#entry49865

I picked up 3 of the 2-packs today - I was looking for the variant sets too, but those had been scooped up within a 1/2 hour of being put out. I was hoping to get the Mary Jane variant

It is a pretty good wave and I'm glad I've gotten my sets from my LCS. I also had gotten the Wizard S3 set too and was wondering what to do with the figures. The Red Spidermen are different, by a little, and of course the Black Spidermen are different by chest piece. I was wondering what to do with the extras from the varients, so I took the Peter Parker angry face and put that on the unmasked Black Spidey, and then took the Happy unmasked Black Spidey face and put that on the Red Spiderman for a unmasked Red Spiderman figure, so I've got two quick customs from the extras. Will try to get pics up tomorrow of all of this. Man its been a good month for Marvel'mates...Defenders, Web Armor Spidey, Spiderman 3. Can't wait for the other exclusives to come in pretty soon...Zombie Ironman & Black Panther, U.S.Agent & Taskmaster.

Thanks for the images guys.

I don't see any "Variant Enclosed" labels on the Mary Jane or Transformation Venom packs. Were they skipped this time around or are they on the top of the card? Muchas gracias.

Look in the Top right corner of the front of the box mr Kittens ;)

T.

Ah yes, much like learning that poodles cannot fly, it's one of those things that is painfully obvious only when it is pointed out to me. :)

Look in the Top right corner of the front of the box mr Kittens ;)

T.

Ah yes, much like learning that poodles cannot fly, it's one of those things that is painfully obvious only when it is pointed out to me. :)

Which reminds me Ivan, how is development on the poodle catapult coming along?

T.

Which reminds me Ivan, how is development on the poodle catapult coming along?

T.

I'll field this question. As official spokesperson for Ivan's space program, the poodle catapult is coming along nicely. It has entered its third phase, with tests beginning on Chihuahuas in the spring. Earlier models proved mildly successful in that the Terrier Seesaw managed to hurl a full grown terrier as far as the neighbor's minivan. With development on schedule and a successful poodle launch expected by the end of the second quarter, the next step in the project is the highly anticipated Doberman Trebuchet.

I'm afraid Dragon hasn't received the latest timeline so his data is a bit out of date. (That's what happens when you miss meetings because you stayed up late watching High School Musical 2 four times.) Importing Chihuahuas is a little more problematic than previously anticipated. There's apparently a shortage due to the sub-prime mortgage fallout. So we've scrapped the Poodle Catapult altogether and gone straight to the Poodle Trebuchet.

Preliminary plans have already been drawn up. (See Attached)

poodle.jpg

If the tests prove successful, expect Ivan's Poodle Delivery Service to be open for business and delivering hot, delicious poodles directly to your doorstep by Arbor Day 2008! Watch for the IPO in the summer.

I'm afraid Dragon hasn't received the latest timeline so his data is a bit out of date. (That's what happens when you miss meetings because you stayed up late watching High School Musical 2 four times.) Importing Chihuahuas is a little more problematic than previously anticipated. There's apparently a shortage due to the sub-prime mortgage fallout. So we've scrapped the Poodle Catapult altogether and gone straight to the Poodle Trebuchet.

I'm really feeling what you're trying to accomplish here. How are you accounting for wind resistance? Those poofy poodle tails are not aerodynamic at all.

I'm really feeling what you're trying to accomplish here. How are you accounting for wind resistance? Those poofy poodle tails are not aerodynamic at all.

I believe that the earliest test poodles were shaven before the testing started, therefore lowering their resistance and increasing the chances that Ivan will get that grant from the space program.

"One small step for man, one giant fling for Poodlekind."

T.

p.s. this is a great example of how to derail a thread and not get told off by the mods... yet...

It's nice that there is zero uniformity in the red/blue Spider-Man design. The preview pack used a darker shade of red and blue than the final release. The final release lacks the detail on hands and feet. The battle-damaged version matches the preview set in color and the final version in lacking the detail on hands and feet. Overall, unless you have a spare preview set that you can kit bash, you're going to have a mis-match mess.

Then there's the numerously mentioned powerhouse chest on black Spidey. Unmasked black Spidey matches the preview pack in size, but the final release in lacking the hand and feet detail.

I know its the goal to make each mate unique without seeming like a rehash, but when you have multiple designs that rely on a common theme, is it so bad to use the same uniform design throughout?

In regards to missing the meetings, what can I say, I'm a Vanessa Hudgens fan. It should also be mentioned that the Taco Bell chihuahua disappearing from the public spotlight and reappearing in the #8 combo has been influential on the shortage.

Are these on the Midwest/East Coast yet? "Cuz my local shops haven't heard any word on 'em.

Next week if they follow the traditional West Coast favoritism pattern of release. :)

I believe that the earliest test poodles were shaven before the testing started, therefore lowering their resistance and increasing the chances that Ivan will get that grant from the space program.

"One small step for man, one giant fling for Poodlekind."

T.

p.s. this is a great example of how to derail a thread and not get told off by the mods... yet...

I don't know about the rest of the gang, but this has been one of the funniest thread derailments I've ever seen. You all get my stamp of approval.

Carry on.

And despite the hilarity of poodle launching, here's another back-on-the-rails attempt:

It should be noted that Mary Jane actually comes in a very dark green -- evergreen, if you will -- dress. So dark it keeps showing up black on my digital pics, but there's definitely a green tint to it.