boyd

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC02039.jpg

spiderman shedding his black suit.

And what is that bell from?

Ooooh, nice display! I believe that that is a base from the McFarlane Monsters "Hunchback Playset" from a few years ago. I think I may still have one buried in my garage somewhere.

Omg haha I have mine in that exact same pose! The villains of these waves are the coolest. I absolutely love Venom and what they did with Full Sandman is awesome! Too bad they couldnt do something like that with Hydroman, he could have been so much better! Anyone else let down by the Spiderman's? The red is almost orange and the lack of detailing on the feet and hands make me appreciate the preview set even more! Overall though, 2 great waves, and far better than the X-men Movie Minimates!

Y'know, these really do look great. I'm not a big fan of the movie and I can gripe about wanting more comic book characters all day long but AA/DST still really did a great job on these.

I've gotta get that Sandman with the attachements. Does anybody have an extra figure they'd be willing to sell? My LCS won't get minimates unless I buy a whole case and I can't warrant that much $$.

EDIT: I found 'em today and got the couple I wanted on a trip to Memphis. Whee!

Y'know, these really do look great. I'm not a big fan of the movie and I can gripe about wanting more comic book characters all day long but AA/DST still really did a great job on these.

I've gotta get that Sandman with the attachements. Does anybody have an extra figure they'd be willing to sell? My LCS won't get minimates unless I buy a whole case and I can't warrant that much $$.

If you order online, I would recommend Stuckakid. They will sell singles sometimes (at reasonable prices) from time to time. The new Sandman isn't available, but I'd guess he will be soon.

I ended up going to Memphis with my folks today and suprisingly found them at the comic shop I go to when I'm visiting. They even had the MJ variant so I was able to get a Gwen, MJ, Sandman, and the Eddie Brock/Peter Parker in clothes set that I really wanted. Man, I just wish they'd come with 2 camera's instead of 1. This really is a neat couple of sets, though. I can find good stuff about it. How about that? :)

But now... bring on the Vision!

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has heard word from Cornerstore Comics. I pre-ordered my full sets of each wave back when they were first released for pre-order. However, I haven't got a confirmation email or anything. This was my first time ordering from Cornerstore so I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything or when I should expect to get them?? neo

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has heard word from Cornerstore Comics. I pre-ordered my full sets of each wave back when they were first released for pre-order. However, I haven't got a confirmation email or anything. This was my first time ordering from Cornerstore so I was wondering if anyone else has heard anything or when I should expect to get them?? neo

I called them last Thurs., they said they were shipping them. I got email confirmation today(12/17) that they sent me a package. So they're on the way.

Got them all, variants included, at my usual joint today. They really are nice mates... it's a shame (at least imo) they aren't comic book mates... movie mates are neat, but two waves of comic book mates this nice would have been friggin awesome. (Though I suppose/hope that's what 19 and 20 are for...) A hell of alot of original sculpting went into this wave... and it all works... they aren't weird looking like half the X3 mates were. Gwen is the spittin' image of Bryce Dallas Howard... I think she's my favorite... her and the Sandmen (who are both also pretty dang nice).

PS.

In regard to that "lots of original sculpting" you know what really freakin' ASTOUNDS me? They actually took the time to sculpt different hair for the "Angry Face" Peter Parker mate and the "Symbiote Transformation" Spidey mate... they both have the same emo-bang hairdo, and the difference isn't even noticable at a glance, but if you look at them side-by-side closely, they're actually different sculpts... the bangs fall differently. I can't believe they took the time to do that... that's a corner they could easily have cut. (I think I would have.)

I have to say that i love these mates. I also love that I didn't have to end up with extra mates from the variant sets. The unmasked spider-man makes it's own variant with the hairpiece & flipped up mask. The Peter Parker minimate made for a really sweet quick custom. I took a chest piece from an extra regular spidey I had. So now I have a version with the red suit under his clothes and one with the black suit. It's sweet! Then I was able to use the extra black suit chest piece to fix the bulky chested black suit spiderman. The big chested version just looked wrong. The custom makes him much more like the previews version, but I think I'd rather have two of those. Plus the lines are different between the two (silver for the previews and gray for this one). I hope we see more of these where the "extra" in the variant sets make for their own variant customs as with unmasked spidey or are really easy to make a variant quick custom as with peter parker.

I went to my LCS last night, just as they were about to close, and when I asked about these Minis the guy there said, "we're not getting them. However, we just got Marvel Waves 17 and 18 in. . .wait a minute, it says Spiderman 3, maybe these are the ones you were asking about." He opened the cases that moment, and I got the two packs with the Venom transformation figures (Eddie Brock variant and Peter). These and the Venom figure that I got are super awesome. I got those and the Spidey/Hobgoblin packs on the same trip to town! And earlier that day I found a Wii for my nephew. A good day for me. . .

--edit: I also noticed that the mad Peter with symbiote outfit under his jacket allows for a pretty good Hal Jordan casual clothes Minimate--

Well, I'm happy to report that walking up to my Door yesterday I found a small USPS box waiting. Now, I never received an Email confirmation and was actually planning on calling them today had I not heard from them. But, low and behold, there they were.

I won't really say much about them, so much has already been said. Overall I will say I LOVE the new figures. I love the cinematic feels of the Transforming figures, they are my favorite. And then New Goblin and Sandman (Sand) are wonderful. Here are a few thoughts:

-Basic Spiderman is too red and not silver enough, Preview Pack Spidey was MUCH better!!!!!

-Big Chest Spidey, NEVER A GOOD IDEA, please don't do it again

-New Goblin's accessories ROCK the world, however how hard was it to get the peg the right size?!!?!?!

-MJ sucks about as much as her onscreen counter, but Gwen lights up my shelf like she lit up SM3

-The way they made Sandman bigger with the Sand base is amazing!! I hope they use this for future releases (Human Torch, Iceman, etc)

-The figures looked like they walked right off the Screen, that is always a plus!

I guess there is not much left to say......accept BRING ME ARCHANGEL!!!! neo

Picked up both waves at my local comic store yesterday (support your local retailers, kids!) and even got the variants, even though they were priced a couple bucks higher (local retailers suck - order online, kids!) My thoughts:

- The villains are the best figures of the wave. New Goblin is wonderful and both Sandman figures are impressive. I'm a sucker for the big square block fist, though.

- Too many Spider-Mans. We really didn't need "Half-Mask-Off-Ready-For-Kissing" Spidey. I'd rather have an Aunt May or J. Jonah Jameson instead.

- Gwen and Mary Jane are very nice.

- Eddie's camera is ridiculously small.

- With his extra pelvis piece, Venom looks like he's wearing a diaper.

- My wife took the "Emo Peter" Minimate and started re-enacting the dancing numbers from the movie with him.

- We should have got a J. Johan Jameson.

Overall, a nice wave. A little too much Spider-Man for my tastes, but some excellent villains. Now bring on the next two Marvel waves!