UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

Those images really sell the line.

For me, I think Venom looks better now that I've seen the Hasbro figure and could see the way the costume's web design is pretty crazy - like Eddie Brock. Makes sense to me and looks less like someone colored on the 'mate with a sharpie (as someone here mentioned).

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused.

In one picture we see black suit Spiderman with a power house chest but in the one revealed today it seems he is the same as the two pack? Will black Spiderman come with a power house chest and under their will actually be something printed? Or was that pict just a mistake and he will come as in the two pack?

Spidey3minis.jpg

spidey3bc.jpg

WOW!. Now those group shots look a hell of a lot better (except for Venom). The addition of the sand mallet and fist to Flint Marko really sells the mate better. The girls look nicer, more crisp and detailed. Maskless Peter Parker look heads and shoulders over what we saw last week and the NOW REVEALED BD Spidey looks fantastic to. It's still to bad that Venom looks like crap.

It's still to bad that Venom looks like crap.

He'll get there, I'm sure.

Here's hoping the sandy arms for Flint Marko are an accessory -- I'd like to have regular human arms for him too. Probably more so, since we get sandy arms in Wave 18.

Here's hoping the sandy arms for Flint Marko are an accessory -- I'd like to have regular human arms for him too. Probably more so, since we get sandy arms in Wave 18.

Well, looking at the pic I notice the same inner arm grooves we've seen on the other Sandman moviemate so maybe these are in fact accessory arms which can slide over the regular arms?

Original "reveal" shots indicated Flint Marko with normal arms, and perhaps speaking as a completist I can always mix and match between the other Sandman so I hope the sand arms on him just accessories or kewlness done for the images.

Original "reveal" shots indicated Flint Marko with normal arms, and perhaps speaking as a completist I can always mix and match between the other Sandman so I hope the sand arms on him just accessories or kewlness done for the images.

If you'll notice, the Flint MM has green and black stripes on his shoulders where as the Sandman does not. Maybe we'll get 2 sets of arms with Flint. Here's hoping.

I'm sure Venom will look better when they finally are released, but I think part of it is the minimate style, Venom's look is harder to translate to a round flat surface as his teeth and mouth often come off looking flat to me. I've wondered what it would look like if they added a layer to his head to make it more distinctive and possibly capture his jaw the way it often appears somewhat elongated. Sort of like how they modified the C3 Martian Manhunter's brow. What do you guys think?

I'm sure Venom will look better when they finally are released, but I think part of it is the minimate style, Venom's look is harder to translate to a round flat surface as his teeth and mouth often come off looking flat to me. I've wondered what it would look like if they added a layer to his head to make it more distinctive and possibly capture his jaw the way it often appears somewhat elongated. Sort of like how they modified the C3 Martian Manhunter's brow. What do you guys think?

The original MM Venom was pulled of nicely (with the inclusion of a second head). And the powerhouse Venom in the upcoming DST boxed set looks good as well (facewise). I'm still hoping that the prototype is just a roughed up version. As far as a seperate headpiece is concerened.... I don't think Venom neccassarily needs one. It might make his head look top heavy (to bulky). That's my 2 cents.

I wonder if it's similar to Transformers prototypes - they often deliberately mess up a part of the paint scheme in order to... annoy people?

I think the idea is to make them less desirable to proto thieves, but I'm not sure. Suffice to say, we've seen it a few times.

Anyway, that's my little bit of information for the day. As you were.

Jo

Not the same sort of thing, they only mess up the paint/color schemes of the factory test samples, not the prototypes used for photography for packaging and solicts like these are.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the MMV wallbreaker2.0! And yes, I too am pleased with the increase in detail on recent MMs.

Patriot

• 2 weeks later...
is there any word on whether or not N ew Goblin will have his face mask and/or a little bitty glider?

Yes to both. He will have 2 hair pieces. One, just hair and the other hair with mask. And a big yes to the glider. Check ot the pics at Diamond Select Toys' website.