UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this line is definately shaping up to be something. Thanks for the hookup and pics gang :thumbsup: I can see I might have to cut off some lines of action figures to afford all of the Minimates coming out this year :lol:

Whoah boy, in hindsight blockbuster movie means all part reuse style cost restraint gone, with full web patterns to transformation Venom. Evil Parker just sings but yeah, Transformation Venom. I wonder how much of that will transfer over to Transformation Spidey?

Holy freakin' Hannah!! Transformation Venom has to be one of the dang coolest things I've ever seen in Minimate form! I may just have to track that one down... oy, varient chasing is something I don't really like... but I was going to have to make an exception already just because of Mary Jane. Now I'm getting ready to break the proverbial bank!

Here is the link. http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003971018.cfm

They look good, I'm just not sure about Sandman, he doesn't look like a minimate anymore. :P The affect is cool, I want to wait for the production version to make a final judgement. The molded accessories look damn good.

Venom prototype looks good, I'm sure the production version will look great! :)

My fav of this batch is the Transformation Spider-Man. :)

edited

Wow, these look awesome! I'm definately getting transformaation SM and venom, but im not too sure about sandman. Not posable enough. Hopefully theyll make an entirely sand sandman with a normal mate body, and this is it with all the attachments that come with it (hopefully)

Patriot

I completely agree with JL on this...

Sandman looks AMAZING, but doesnt really resemble a minimate anymore. But DANG if those new scuplts don't look sweet!

Venom is looking pretty good, but that transformation Spiderman is definitely a keeper. I love the expression on his face...

But hey, where's BD Spiderman???

You forget we get the full reveal tomorrow on DST's site, so any that missed the boat the rest of this week will pop up then, I'm sure.

The transformation figures look awesome and are great uses of new molds, even though AA/DST will be ill-pressed to find uses for them again.

I agree that as cool as Sandman looks, he has taken several steps outside of what makes him a minimate. I guess some articulation in the arms had to be sacrificed to allowe him to heft those huge hands. I can't help but wonder if that sand pile is subbing for his legs, or if he'll come packaged with legs as well. Of course, worst case scenario, I can sub parts from either the comic Sandman releases, or just use Spidey 3's Flint Marko figure to make him walk. All in all, I'm willing to accept the losses in exchange for the greater good, which is the greater figure.

Venom looks superb and is a great movie variation of the comic figure.

Overall, this week has really sold the waves to me, as I was on the fence about ordering them before now. With two waves of figures based on a movie that really only features three spectacular characters plus another spider variant, it was hard for me to look at this line much differently than the Ghost Rider wave, which was heavy with civilians, but the look and feel of these characters has me anxious to get a case of each. I think the only bittersweet part of these releases is that we have no "classic" Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus to join the ranks. Oh well, there's always the long shot chance that the movie franchise gets pushed to a Sinister Six plot and they resurrect the villains of movies past.

Wow, I can't believe how good these waves are! Both transformation figures make me laugh what with the pain they are expressing. :lol: They definitely win the most emotive 'mates award, lol.

I am curious, though, how come Sandman's hair is long when he's Flint but short as Sandman?

All in all, I am completely floored with all of the new parts in these waves. Thank you AA/DST!

A_W_E_S_O_M_E_!_!_!_!_!_!_!

All I can say is, let's take another poll and see who picks the lame Avenger wave now ;). Bring on Spider-Man 3, it can't come soon enough for me. neo

These just get better each day...awesome! I understand the concerns with Sandman, but personally think he is fantastic and couldn't really imagine him any other way (unless the arms could be made "bendy" for better posing). I LOVE the transformation Spidey, but I really hope that the entire chest piece is "flesh-tone" underneath the "Venom-bits" and not striped with black like previous other MMs with "add-ons" (for custom fodder). I'm kicking myself for not jumping at the opportunity to pre-order full sets (or cases!) of these, as I initially had little interest in "Movie Mates" until I saw these. Now, I MUST have them all (especially the variants)! Thank-You (and Damn-You!) DST/AA.