UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cripplers customs v2.0

Well, I decided to start this over, so here are a few pics of some customs I have done in the past (I have a few others that are almost done, but are awaiting parts to finish).

Todays newest customs are Sauron and Stryker from Cyberforce. I have about 10 other customs either drying, or partly done. Anyone else end up doing that too? I start something and then think of something else I would like to see and start working on it.

Sauron still needs his tail and wings glued on. My wife used the last of the superglue and never got more. With the nasty flooding here it would take me over an hour to get more from a store, so I'm holding off on completing him, but figured I'd show him anyways.

Picture013.jpg

Then next is Stryker from Cyberforce. Ripclaw is also currently under construction. I'm just having a big problem with figuring out how to do his hair. We really need some long hair pulled back into a ponytail hair pieces.

Shanesparty061.jpg

Shanesparty062.jpg

Todays newest is Moon Knight. I love the new comics series and really want to see an official mini of him.

gun.jpg

I would love to get an official minimate like my custom Red Skull. I can't believe we haven't gotten one yet.

gun019.jpg

gun020.jpg

customs015.jpg

Morbius design was done by Bizklimkit, rest by me. I am not happy with the hair and still need to add his torn cape looking thing he wears.

A more update looking Nightcrawler. Face design by me, Chest design by Biz. I might work on a new chest design (red area) since the current one he is sporting in comics is a bit longer than what this design is.

customs019.jpg

He's an easy Jim Lee version of Bishop. I sold him on ebay a while back, but still want to do another one.

2005127.jpg

I also wanted to add a big thanks to Bizklimkit. Without his designs and help I probably would have given up on trying to make a decent looking custom minimate. I also want to thank all the top notch customizers out there who's customs get better and better each time, which is in turn raising the bar for the rest of us. It makes me want to improve in what I can make. Thanks again all and keep pumping out those customs!

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work all around Crippler. Can't wait to see that Morbius finished. It's looking pretty damn cool so far!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Red Skull is great, although T'Challa is my definite favourite. Especially since I really can't tell which minimate pieces you used for the fabulous custom. The fact that he features a Batman style slip-over removable mask just completes the overall awesomeness.

• 1 month later...

Well, I was about to update my thread with some new customs (haven't slept in over 24 hours, been busy working on customs) when I realized that I borrowed my camera to my friend for his trip to Brazil. I think he is back tomorrow, so stay tuned. I got a few of them to post.

Alright, here are my newest ones. Criticism is alway appreciated.

First up are a few members of Exiles. Those of you who j=have never read the comics should get the trade paper backs. The early stuff was amazing. The comic has gone a bit downhill as of late though:(

minimates011.jpg

minimates012.jpg

Next is Spider from the Exiles comic. He is not a member of the Exiles though, but a member of Weapon X, which is a team that pops up from time to time in the Exiles comic. For some reason the detail on him smeared a tad once I put the decal on the actual mate. I tried it a few times and I kept getting the same results.

minimates016.jpg

Next up is Sunfire. I also have a modern looking version (aka AOA style) in the works.

minimates004.jpg

Up next is one of the most requested mates ever......Deadpool. I went with the original looking version over the current outfit he wears. I am hoping we will get an official version of him within the next two waves. I'd love to see him packaged with Cable.

minimates001.jpg

Next up is a Hand ninja, and just another ninja in black. I am finishing up a few mare Hand ninjas because one just isn't enough.

minimates017.jpg

minimates018.jpg

Finally is my updated Gambit. I wasn't happy with the first one I made, and think this one looks a bit better.

minimates019.jpg

I have a few more minimates in the works, unfortunately I'm temporarily out of decal paper.