UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More TV minimates!

Kenx

I would like to see more TV shows like Scrubs, Nip tuck, 30 rock, The office, The colbert report, daily show, show biz show, SNL, That 70 show , The unity, Family guy, American dad , King of the hill.

South park, My name is earl.

these would be some good mm in my opinon. :P:blush:

I want classic t.v. sets myself:

-The A-Team....with van, of course

-The Dukes of Hazzard(which I am watching now as a matter of fact), with The General Lee, Of course

-C.H.i.P.s., Ponch and John, and you know the motorcycles would be cool

- Classic BSG (hoping they do show up)

-Starsky and Hutch- mainly for the car

-Knight Rider- The Hoff, and KITT, need I say more

Only problem with Nervous's list is that all of those sets would require vehicles, which is something we know DST not to be too keen on. Yes, Marvel's line is restricted to no vehicles, but when DST got on board with AA's BSG plans, they promptly scrapped the vehicles. That's the one thing that bother's me about Back to the Future. A set based on the first movie won't feature much in the way of accessories unless they find a way to do the Delorean. Hopefully the first set will sell well enough to warrant the next two movies, as they feature more dynamic character designs and accessories.

A-Team, Classic BSG, and maybe Starsky & Hutch could pass without the vehicles, but CHiPs, Knight Rider, and Dukes of Hazzard just won't carry the right appeal without vehicles.

As for Kenx's suggestions, I'm not so sure those would work in minimate form. SNL has had a wide array of characters, so that could carry a line, or maybe a few box sets featuring different eras of the show or different character portrayed by the cast members, and the cartoons might be passable, but with the other shows, like the Office, That 70s Show, Scrubs, etc, you basically just have civilians. Sure, you get doctors, office workers, etc, but they're still just civilians with little in the way of features or accessories to make them more than a novelty. And South Park's character design is too exagerated and inarticulate to work in the minimate mold.

Still, with Desperately Seeking Susan on the table, stranger things have happened in the world of minimates, so never say never unless talking about a 3" Giant Man.

Here's a thought: what about Baywatch? You get the nostalgia factor, you get the Hoff, you meet Danny's quota of mini-breasts in a line, and the design process is simple, seeing as the entire cast wears the same outfits pretty much.

tv shows hmmmmmmmm

i will say

firefly

the greatest american hero (believe it or not!)

heroes i know not much variety but a damn cool show and some potential for cool designs

the office yep i would buy em!!

a team...yep put em in a box i would buy em

dukes...ditto

baywatch...what the hell throw em on the pile

I got a start on this already :biggrin: :thumbsup: so you know I'm on board with it. I think this would be a great time to include a mate with the dvd set, since there's only that one other guy in the show all the time

greatestamericanhero.jpg

I got a start on this already :biggrin: :thumbsup: so you know I'm on board with it. I think this would be a great time to include a mate with the dvd set, since there's only that one other guy in the show all the time

greatestamericanhero.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOH NICE !!!!!!!!!!

just as i pictured it :)

AHEMMM AA / DST take notice

• 2 weeks later...

as said in the New Licenses thread, I would LOVE to see Kim Possible minimates, and I also think that Danny Phantom minimates would be interesting to say the least. I also feel that Daria would make good minimates, if only for me being a part of the large fanbase that has gotten 0 merchandise for 5+ years, and ease of translating the designs.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a tv-specific DC line - there's some great figures from The Batman, Teen Titans and Legion of Super Heroes. that could be done.

I mention these as they are more of a change from the comcs than most of the characters in JLU - though a few of those warrant seperate figures from their comic versions

Otherwise:

Firefly

Dead Like Me

Bones

Scrubs

Billy and Mandy

Smallville

Hellboy

The Tick

And possibly some others.

Jo

All great ideas, for me it would be some of the following:

Angel

Buffy

Firefly

GI Joe

MOTU

Stargate SG1

And that's just off the top of head, I'm sure I will think of more as time goes by :P

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Firefly minimates. I got the DVD not to long upon the suggestion of my LCS owner. Man that show rocks. That would make one cool box set!

Also this is out there but I think it could work. Grey's Anatomy minimates. Now bear in mind the market is totally screwed for this one. But think about all the good points. 1 minimates doctors, 2 you can buy minimates for you significant other and then absorb them into you collection. No, I really just got to stop watching TV with my wife. Ignore this and focus on the firefly box set.

i wonder how Friends minimates would turn out. there's enough big names for an initial wave... Chandler/Monica, Ross/Rachel, Joey/Phoebe... maybe throw in Carol and Susan to round out a four-pair wave. chases could be pregnant Phoebe, Rachel or Carol, or Flashback [chubby] Monica [or any number of other flashback ones, such as Ross with moustache or Chandler with Flock Of Seagulls hair].

oh, and since someone mentioned Danny Phantom i'll second that. and i'd go bonkers for Fairly Oddparents ones.