UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

spiderman 3 mega bloks

bilbofett

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are 3 links to the sets you can buy at Wal-Mart. The cool thing about the Wal-Mart pictures is that they are actually flash and you can zoom in 2x.

Secret Lab Assault (With Spidey and Goblin)

Sandman Bank Hiest (With Spidey and Sandman)

Final Battle Construction Site (With Spidey, Goblin, Sandman, and Vemon)

**EDIT**I just noticed under the description of the Final Battle set, it says this:

The Spider-Man Micro Figure even has a color change feature that reveals the symbiote, black-suited Spider-Man.

Just an interesting little feature......something I'd like to see. **EDIT**

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the figures. Knee Joints and Elbow Joints........this is the poor man's minimates ;). I'm actually every interested in purchasing the Final Battle playset. That would be a SWEET stage for my Spider-Man 3 Minimates :D.

One final note, to those that take the time to look at the pictures. Please focus on the picture of the Final Battle box. In the small window at the bottom right you will 2 thugs, Black Spider-Man, and Rhino.......just a curious observation.

mbspidermanfinalbattlezh6.jpg

neo

Here are 3 links to the sets you can buy at Wal-Mart. The cool thing about the Wal-Mart pictures is that they are actually flash and you can zoom in 2x.

Secret Lab Assault (With Spidey and Goblin)

Sandman Bank Hiest (With Spidey and Sandman)

Final Battle Construction Site (With Spidey, Goblin, Sandman, and Vemon)

**EDIT**I just noticed under the description of the Final Battle set, it says this:

The Spider-Man Micro Figure even has a color change feature that reveals the symbiote, black-suited Spider-Man.

Just an interesting little feature......something I'd like to see. **EDIT**

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the figures. Knee Joints and Elbow Joints........this is the poor man's minimates ;). I'm actually every interested in purchasing the Final Battle playset. That would be a SWEET stage for my Spider-Man 3 Minimates :D.

One final note, to those that take the time to look at the pictures. Please focus on the picture of the Final Battle box. In the small window at the bottom right you will 2 thugs, Black Spider-Man, and Rhino.......just a curious observation.

neo

Thanks for the links for the pics! I am definatly gonna have to look for the bank heist and the construction site....they'll make excellant movie backgrounds! :)

Jeff of the Minis

Yeah I'm not too much of a fan of megablock, but have gotten few sets especially the bionicles wannabies. The SM3 megablock are a bit pricey, I do like that they now have elbow/knee articulation. They are trying to be more like minimates :P

Yeah, well anyone trying to be like Minimates isn't doing a bag thing.........in fact, that's good business advice.

To be honest, I wish that we could get block sets for Minimates. I know that C3 kind of crashed and burned, but if AA could somehow team up with MB and make sets using already released Minis it would be awesome. Just imagine, instead of getting this weak Spider-Man 3 MB, they could have the same construction site (maybe a little larger scale) and include SM3 Spider-Man and Vemon Minimates from Wave 17/18. The avid Minimate fan would miss anything since they could buy the same figures as part of the Wave, but the building block fan could add a huge dimension to their collection. On top of that, MB are sold everywhere so, again UNLIKE C3, you would be able to pick up the sets anywhere MegaBloks are sold (TRU, Walmart, Target, etc). So, it will never happen, so I'll just be satisfied with a sweet construction site.........and just wait 3 months after the movie comes out to get my Mates :). neo

So, it should be noted, I checked out the set at TRU. Despite the picture neo highlighted, it's really Venom in place of Rhino. And the other two dudes that look like Pyrates (because they are) were Sandman and Green Goblin.

But it is interesting that Rhino makes appearance here. Was he cut from the film? Is he slated for Spider-Man 4? Hmmmm.

Yeah, I saw the set as well. It does in fact come with Spider-Man, Vemon, Goblin, and Sandman. It was interesting that they put Rhino in the picture. They have not released a Rhino set as. I don't believe he was tied to the movie, but just the fact that they have the figure in the picture proves that he has at least been made and considered. It's a safe bet to say we'll probably see a Rhino set in the near future. neo

Well, here in the UK we have a rhino figure that comes with a spiderman vehicle along with a classic SM. Yes, they are the new bodies.

Here we go!

Patriot in the know

Here in the US (Twin Falls, ID to be specific) I've seen both the Rhino Mini set as well as a mini set containing the Lizard. Both sets are from the new scale/design of the Mega Bloks Spider-man line and include a Spider-man and a mini-vehicle. So, they are in fact out there.

Oh yeah. I saw a pic of the lizard one on the back of the rhino set, but i havent seen it in person.

Patriot

:o Niiice!

I hope that these will be sold here,about o, page 1,for those buildings,i have bugle and bank ones,thought,those figs SUCK

Whaaa? newaddict, what store did you see Rhinegatory good buddy at?

I've seen them at Shopko and at KMart, so they are out there. I just haven't picked them up yet because I didn't think the vehicles were that big of a draw.

and color change spidey.

And how does that work? Is it cool or lame?

it works well just make him cold( a quick dip in cool water works fine) and he gets a nice patch of black covering his head shoulders and one arm. the only minor problem is the area that changes color is more pink than the rest of the red on the fig. -M

• 1 month later...

Well I'm sure alot of you guys want to see (some what) scale reference to the Final Battle set, so here it is!

A little sloppy but please put that aside. :)

spydermanscale1or3.th.png

spydermanscale2za6.th.png

spydermanscale3bs9.th.png

spydermanscale4cd8.th.png

I made sand man.... a tad bit bigger... I guess to make him look cool. :tongue:

...:::Halo11701:::...

• 5 months later...

I found myself in a toy aisle today briefly and stared at a Spiderman 3 Mega Bloks item for at least 5 minutes inspecting every detail.

In the end i couldnt bring myself to buy it as there were some flaws that i just couldnt justify spending money on to fix. With that said though these figures are really nice looking .

Really.

Great detail (musculature!) but stumpy arms and legs.

Nice vivid color..mutant large head.

Had i come across the Rhino figure i would have purchased it hands down regardless of the enlarged cranium. That figure is worth customizing.

Just remember, for those that might buy MegaBloks... If you're expecting anything approaching LEGO quality, then you'll be disappointed. MB uses a cheaper plastic that's far more prone to breakage, warping, and melting. They don't fit together like LEGO does, and the sets aren't nearly as creative or interesting.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for the major thread necro but I just had a quick question. I just saw the SM3 bank heist set (the big one with the bank facade and the collapsible armored truck) warming a shelf at a toy store here for around $50. The box itself has only incurred some minor damage, the contents are pretty much untouched. Obviously it's the last of its kind in stock locally.

I really just want to invest in a big ol' playset for my minimates. I'm only ever planning to buy one single set for this purpose so I just wanted to ask anybody's opinion on whether I should get this one or not. (If I buy this set I fully intend on just selling the original minifigures it came with.) If not, what's a better set you could recommend. I'd consider Legos and Playmobil but I am seriously iffy on their scale and price.

If anybody owns this set how happy are you with its scale and overall playability with minimates? (Also it's been a couple years since it's been released so how is the quality of these holding up?) Which is a better set for Minimates in the long run, this bank set or the old SM3 construction site one?

I had this set with all of my spiderman minimates on it (tore it down to make room for other stuff), and it was a pretty decent....

Scale is a little off (minimates have to crouch to get through the door! :P) but still a cool set.

I will see if i can find my old thread with pictures in it....

EDIT: here ya go. http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...997&hl=bank

Edited by the punisher=D

Thanks for the link punisher! Yeah, I guess I can live with that slight scale difference as far as doors are concerned.

Just asking but how much did it cost you? Is $50 a good price for this set or is it much cheaper/pricier than when it first came out? Was just a little concerned given that this set really only has that building and the armored truck going for it with that price.

Thanks for the link punisher! Yeah, I guess I can live with that slight scale difference as far as doors are concerned.

Just asking but how much did it cost you? Is $50 a good price for this set or is it much cheaper/pricier than when it first came out? Was just a little concerned given that this set really only has that building and the armored truck going for it with that price.

Before you buy it, check around at those "leftover" stores. At my local Marshall's, around Christmas, they had one of these for $10. Dunno if it's still there...

Probably the closest thing we have to "leftover" stores here are the bygone toy departments of malls in the province... not exactly practical, given our weird plane fare discrepancies (It's cheaper for me to fly to Hong Kong than to visit my own grandparents?! :blink:)

Most of the toy stores here are pretty heavily-commercialized now, think overzealous Walmarts and Targets. They're pretty quick to pull out any peg-warming items, anything they put on Clearance is basically crap, and even something like Mega Bloks never goes on sale. We still have some of the smaller SM3 playsets here, but they're still as pricey as they were on the day they first came out <_<