UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

spiderman 3 mega bloks

bilbofett

My local TRU got in some sets of SM 3. The big set($30.00) has Sandman, Spidey, and a cop. The figures are more like the Lego +4 size, but they're articulated like minimates(cool). They also had 2 Mecha-style robots(one red& blue, and One black- each comes with a figure-also articulated). There are 3 vehicle sets also. Happy hunting if you're interested. :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw the big TRU Exclusive set this weekend. Bilbofett, did you see the smaller sets actually in stock?

I'm liking these little guys (not that they'll ever replace MiniMates). For those who haven't seen them, think of them as Marvel versions of the Pyrates line. They are not the old-style Mega Bloks figures that look like mutant Lego.

I'm liking these little guys (not that they'll ever replace MiniMates). For those who haven't seen them, think of them as Marvel versions of the Pyrates line. They are not the old-style Mega Bloks figures that look like mutant Lego.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so, the Pyrates/Pirates of the Caribbean guys ooked fairly nifty if low grade, and very nice price wise...

They had the building set. Since the figs. are more minimate size, I'm guessing the building is more accurate for MM. Although I have the Goblin set form before, and the doors are over-sized for the "mutant Lego" figs. that came with it. The only other sets they had were the Mecha robots(9.99 ea.). There are 3 vehicle sets also. I couldn't find any info online(i.e. tru.com or megabloks.com) I'll probably pick up the building set($30.00) Ouch!!!! :tongue:

I absolutely love Mega Bloks. They've been a great aid in outfitting my mates (I'm using the "camera shop" right now as a diorama for my new DC mates...and Green Goblin FINALLY has his glider), their price and scale is much better than LEGO's. I'm still a little sad that I didn't pick-up the other Spidey-building packs when everyone was clearancing them ($6-7 each!). I currently have all of the Pyrates and PotC stuff(another weakness of mine), and had always hoped that MB would carry the new scale over to the other licenses. I've seen the small asst.s (Lizard and Rhino...kind'a cool), but have yet to see the SM3 stuff yet. Hopefully we'll get some new "city-scenes" for our MMs to ravage...good-stuff.

Hey cdubya, I'd love to see some MiniMates on a Pyrates ship. Would you be willing to snap a picture or two?

And bilbofett, thanks for following up. Let us know how the new building set works with MiniMates.

Easy does it, slow down and pay attention. We're not talking about the classic Mega Bloks figures here, but something new, something worth discussing. And the subject is specifically about the building-front sets Mega Bloks has put which are much better scaled to MiniMates than Lego sets.

No one's trying to replace Lego as the number one block constuction toy.

Not to add to instigation or anything... but I think that the overall quality actually has improved a bit. I was interested when I saw the POTC megabloks, so I picked up a few of them. And that got me interested in the figures (sure they're kinda weird, but their oddness set them apart from Lego figs - not better, just different. and sometimes you need different to break monotony :whistling:

Anyway, I got interested in them, so I went out to pick up some others. I found some of the knight/ogre sets, and picked them up, only to find that their quality was horrendous. Needless to say, I was disappointed. But then I noticed that these other figs that I had picked up were older than the POTC sets... all of this is to say that the quality has indeed improved; not just the articulation, but also the quality of the plastic.

Though they still don't compare to Lego. But at least they aren't the really cheapo ripoff of Lego that I originally labeled them as being *shrug*

Anyway, Cappy - I noticed that you asked for pics of Minimates on a ship. I happen to have a few for ya here:

pic 1, pic 2, pic 3, pic 4, pic 5, pic 6, pic 7

All I had available to me at the time were a couple of my SF2 minimates... I suppose I could take more with other characters, but I’m too lazy to go take new pics :tongue:

*EDIT... sorry, forgot to mention that this ship is the Black Pearl from the POTC set

I figured out my bills. So I'm probably gonna pick up the building set. I'll try to post some pics(need digital camera, need digital camera....grumble). The nice thing is the SM3 minis are going to be available this week. :biggrin: Oh I forgot to mention the set comes with the police van(as seen in the trailer), hopefully it's to scale.

Picked up the bank heist set, sorta disappointed the figs are a little smaller than I thought(oh well). The armored car needed some modifying to get mates in. The door on the bank is small too. This was a complete "build" set not a carrying case set with add-on pieces(I was happy about that). I'll try to post some pics(just got a digital camera and I have to figure that out first ):confused: :tongue:

When I went to my local Toy R Us, they had two different $19.99 Spiderman heads and two different $6.99 Spiderman sets.

As for the sets themselves, I don't think they're that great from what I've seen.

But I think I will end up getting the two different $19.99 Spiderman heads.

I'm very interested in the red one because it has a Green Goblin glider,that I think will look perfect with the new Spiderman 3 Green Goblin minimate coming out this summer.

As for the sets themselves, I don't think they're that great from what I've seen.

Yeah, I was poking around on eBay and I saw some of these. There are two head shaped sets for Spider-Man 3: one that's colored red and features the Green Goblin's lab, with Goblin Harry and his snowboard/glider. The other is just a basic build-a-car set with Spidey and Venom. There's a couple other small sets, it seems, featuring more build-a-cars, but from a strictly minimate-use perspective, I'd say the only things worth seeking is that bank with Sandman and the GG lab with Harry.

Mega Bloks' building blocks suck royally. They are just a touch better than the C3 bricks and that's not saying much.

The original Mega Bloks figures also suck major ass. I can't think of anything nice at all to say about them.

The newer, more articulated figures they have now still feel cheap compared to LEGO and Minimates, but they are a HUGE improvement over what MB has done in the past. The heads are maybe a tad too big for the bodies, but overall they are decent "block figures." I bought a $5 or $6 set just to get a Captain Jack Sparrow figure and I think it's pretty cool. I really want to break down and get the new Spiderman 3 figures as well, but only if I find them on clearance later, as I don't want to pay the extra money for blocks I'm never going to use.

Overall, and this is coming from a huuuge LEGO fan, I'd say the new style MB minifigs are worth a purchase if it's a property you like, but avoid the older stuff like the plague.