UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 14 (X3 Wave)

storm 1:08

I've worked for close to five years to foster a good Minimate-related relationship with my local comic shop, which is the only way I'd be able to get all of these, variants included. On Wednesday when I was there paying for them, this other customer burst into shop when I was picking up the X3's and wanted the Phoenix variant, he looked ready to throttle me for beating him there, then the clerk told him the variants are always mine, and that did it, the guy stomped out ready to chew steel it looked like.

Just wish the waves wouldn't keep coming week after week. Not that I don't want them, I do, but soon I'm going to have to start slapping them on my credit card...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I want to support my local comic book shop because they are a dying breed but man waiting 2 and 3 weeks past release dates is RIDICULOUS

My local still hasn't received DC wave 1.

When they do, I'll have to pay £6.99 (~$14) a set, and I want another Joker/Harley for my other half.

Welcome to shopping in the UK :P

(just to clarify, I have a full DC wave 1 set from another source, so at this point in time I'm just checking my local out of curiosity)

Jo

"I'm English, queueing is what we do"

I just received the complete wave in the mail and I have to say that this wave is great! I was a skeptic but I'm a believer now. Sure this wave has some weak points (primarily Storm's "oven mitts" as someone so eloquently put it) but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Anyone know where in the entire Atlanta metro area I can get these X3 Mates? No LCBS. no targets, I don't like shopping online (mainly because of shipping costs), and I am frustrated! Soooo, nicely, poo on all of you that are at home loving the X3's!

Will

Work

Mates

Anyone know where in the entire Atlanta metro area I can get these X3 Mates?

Have you tried Oxford Comics? it's on Piedmont Road near where it crosses Peachtree Road (Up in Buckhead), I've not been in there for a while but they used to stock alsorts of comic related toys.

If you google it you should get the phone number and/or address.

T.

• 1 month later...

After convincing my comic shop owner that, while he usually orders every Marvel Minimates wave, he HADN'T ordered Series 14, I finally got my X3 'mates this week. (These really should've been out a year ago, but that's another topic.)

The figures look great but DC Direct has spoiled me. First of all the X3 'mates are more expensive by $2. Accessories are non-existent. I'm not sure what I'd have added but DAMN this was weak. Gimme a flight stand for Storm or something.

Colossus looks ridiculously wee. I wish DST would get on the phone with Marvel and argue for bigger figures especially now that Toy Biz is out of the picture. I doubt Hasbro's gonna give a shit about the block figure category after their Stikfas fiasco.

Having to pay more for the chase didn't help. I'll complain about that 'til DST stops offering them. What a pain. Maybe if it was TWO chase figures in the 2-pack instead of one. I just don't like trying to convince myself that this extra Logan is really Mystique disguised as Wolverine. <_<

Suggested retail prices for DC Minimates are $8.99 for a 2-pack same as Marvel Waves 12/13/14. So at this point they are the same. Comic shops did not like ordering the X3 mates, a friend had to buy a whole case.

The price then drops for Marvel to $6.99 for Waves 15/16/17/18.

Comic shops will continue to charge what they want.

I know this is a little off what everyone else is talking about, but I just saw x3 again, and I noticed that Colossus' whole body, and hair turns metal. I know that was one of my big little downs but that is how it was in the movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Aren't they the best? The bulk of my Minimate collection came from a friend at work who suddenly had to move and needed cash fast, I was hesitant at first but when I saw that transparant Jean Grey I had to have it and that's how I got addicted to Minimates. The viens on her face are perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

They're Minimates. If you don't like it, swap it. :D

• 1 year later...

For those who are still trying to get the X3 wave (except the variant), I noticed that they had them in stock for a reasonable price at Toywiz.com

http://www.toywiz.us/search.php?search=x+m...ew&section=

I've never ordered there, and can't vouch for them or their shipping rates, but I thought I'd throw that out there for those still looking.

For those who are still trying to get the X3 wave (except the variant), I noticed that they had them in stock for a reasonable price at Toywiz.com

http://www.toywiz.us/search.php?search=x+m...ew&section=

I've never ordered there, and can't vouch for them or their shipping rates, but I thought I'd throw that out there for those still looking.

I hate to add to a big-necro like this, but i can vouch.

Although the prices are VERY outrageous, i have ordered many times; hell, they ship regualr shipping within maybe 2 days fro mthe tiem the order was placed. If you need speed, i'd buy from them. If you need to save cash, well they are pretty much losing a LOT of business! ;)