UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone ever have any luck getting parts from DST?

jawfin

Hi all.

First time poster, long time lurker. I was just curious if anybody had ever had any luck requesting replacement parts from Diamond Select Toys. As I mentioned in the topic description, my son lost the right hand to the "downloaded" cylon (it had to be the shiny-silver one, of course :confused: ). I sent an email to DST today asking what my options are and what they could do for me, but I was just curious what kind of response other members might have had.

Thank you,

Jawfin

Hi Jawfin. I think you will find the reactions to this type of problem, on the part of DST, very mixed. Some folks have been very successful with DST's customer service, while others have seemingly been ignored.

However, I will tell you that the DST folks visit this site quite a bit and are often more than happy to help out with this kind of issue. Hang in there and you should find satisfaction with DST.

Thanks for the kind words, Shanester. I'm glad there's hope. :)

Jawfin

Another thing to keep in mind is the limited availability of the Cylons. DST very well may not have a part to replace yours with.

I recently contacted them about my TRU 4-pack Emma Frost breaking right out of the package. They don't have any 4 packs left, so they're replacing it with an Emma from the two pack.

DST will do what they can to fix issues when its within their ability to do so.

Yeah, I can understand that - they can't replace what they no longer have. I just hope they have something I can stick on there. Even a standard cylon right hand (or cannon, I'm not too picky) that I could paint with Mithril Silver (or some other bright silver paint) would probably be okay. I just can't steal one from one of the other cylons or they'd be short a part as well.

Thanks!

Jawfin

Just wanted to leave word that, due to a colaborative effort between Shanester, dstchuck and Chris Myers from DST, a replacement part is in the mail today! :biggrin:

Thanks again to everyone who helped or offered comments and suggestions.

Jawfin

Just wanted to let everyone know that an entire (not just the right hand) "downloaded" cylon was sitting in my mailbox Friday evening when I got home from work. That was a very pleasant surprise! Thanks again to DST and everyone who helped.

jawfin

Rad,

Well, since they sent me a lot more than what I was asking for, I decided to try a little customization myself. I took a single-stud lego cylinder that had a hole in both ends and fit it on the end of the cylon's arm. I painted it with a silver paint I had left over from my tabletop wargaming days and inserted a spare silver lego wrench (actually was an extra lego IG-88 neck) for a makeshift claw/hand. He can now hold any lego item with that "hand", and while it does not look exactly correct, it's close enough not to stand out too bad.

Sorry to hear about your Raft Sentry and Stealth Cylon (from a different thread).

jawfin