UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick/Minimate

'Tis true, Kubricks do generally suck. I got the first wave of Marvel Kubricks, before MiniMates came out. They were kinda cute, but generally diappointing. They had non-articulated banana arms, weird short legs, and a strange lifeless quality to the faces. Not to mention the horrible blind boxing, super hard to find chases, and dumb rarity distributions.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan.

Kubricks have somve very very cool licenses though... sorry but my Sex Pistols Kubricks totally rock and up there with my favourite minimates ( yeah I know you can call me blasphemer).

On the whole though Minimates are much more fun and the extra articulation really makes a difference. Not to mention it's easier to collect Minimates as some Kubricks fetch silly prices.

T.

Kubricks have somve very very cool licenses though... sorry but my Sex Pistols Kubricks totally rock and up there with my favourite minimates ( yeah I know you can call me blasphemer).

I know what you mean. Why just last night I was admiring my metal gear solid and neon gneisses kubricks. While it is true that they pale in comparison to minimates that had some really neat ideas and some fine weapons.

Here is a great article from a great website about some of the differences

http://minimateheadquarters.com/blog/2006/...vs-minimates-2/

The only Kubricks that I own are the Metal Gear Solid 2 one because I'm a huge MGS fan. And speaking of that, I would love to see MGS MiniMates, those would be freaking awesome.

Kubricks represent more a little child type of toy. More for playing rather than collecting and showing. The minimates are alot more smaller and articulated. They have around 15 points of articulation. Articulation means they can do various poses and have joints that are movable. Kubrics are rather large and look way different. All in all if you want to collect get Minimates. If you want something a bit different get Kubricks.