UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civilian MiniMates!

I think that it would be awesome if they were to make Civilian MiniMates. With all of the Super Hero MiniMates out there it just makes since for them to have some civilians to protect. You could mix and match the part to customize your own civilians. They could also make Cops and Robbers MiniMates. Now come on people, how cool would that be?

DST never seems to think generic civilians, or even generic goons/flunkies/minions would be big sellers, but thanks to the Ghost Rider and Spider-Man 3, we're about to get a big influx of specific civilians...

I'd buy tons of them, but DST has firmly stated that they have no plans for such minimates. Some of the upcoming waves may prove useful as civilians: 24, Ghost Rider, Back to the Future.

There is a pretty big influx of plain clothed people, so it would definately be easy to make some variations from easy part swaps. That will be a lot of fun.

Yep, civilians will be easy to make through part-swapping after the next several waves hit.

What I would like to see, though, is a series of Minimate historical figures. Imagine Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Churchill, Ghengis Khan, Sigmund Freud, Picasso, etc. Even modern political figures would be cool. They would be great for when our superheroes go on time traveling adventures, and AA wouldn't have to pay any license fees. And you could part-swap them into civilians, too.

I love the history idea....you could do a whole wave on famous military leaders....US Grant, Alexander the Great, etc.

Plus, I think a little mythology would be cool. Imagine centaur mini-mates or mintaur....

They could market them to schools as educational toys. What kid wouldn't be more interested in the civil war if he had a bunch of action figures to use. Then, more kids would be interested in buying the other mates because they used some of them in school. Maybe I should switch to marketing as a career.....lol

What I would like to see, though, is a series of Minimate historical figures. Imagine Abe Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Churchill, Ghengis Khan, Sigmund Freud, Picasso, etc. Even modern political figures would be cool. They would be great for when our superheroes go on time traveling adventures, and AA wouldn't have to pay any license fees. And you could part-swap them into civilians, too.

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, civilians will be easy to make through part-swapping after the next several waves hit.

This is a great idea. We could even get a Governor Swartzenegger (sp?)

• 2 months later...

Might as well be. I don't really care for Jack's likeness for some reason.

We already have some civilians, like Bruce Wayne, Gwen Stacey, Patch, Xavier, Chameleon, Peter Parker, MJ etc. Swap a few heads around and you have civilians. When I make little diaramas, I can make a few quick customs of civilians to be in danger and need rescueing. I may pick up a 24 boxed set to get a few more civilians. I'm not a fan of the Ghost Rider ones though. The 24 ones are done in a different style to the comic style ones, and I don't think they will look good together

Might as well be. I don't really care for Jack's likeness for some reason.

The likeness suffers because Sutherland has a more long, narrow head, and MiniMates, obviously, are pretty blocky. I think that when you look at the face itself, it matches, but the overall shape of the head doesn't help the likeness.

I really think that once they're in hand, they'll look better becuase of the size. Pictures are all pretty close up.

• 1 month later...

It'd be great to get some generic, civilian parts.

I've been working on collecting BSG heads to make some of the variants that I don't think we'll see like Dualla, Boomer and Helo in officer's uniform. Since I have extra flight-suit & fatigue bodies, I'd like to get civilian heads and hair to make some of the more obscure pilots. Fortunately, for now, the helmets make the faces hard to distinguish.