UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Are the SF MMs dead?

Lines are never officially cancelled, they just go on hold indefinitely. And the line is on hold indefinitely.

Never say never, though. Diehard, persistant, never-say-surrender fanatics will see this line resurrected. But Marvel and Star Trek need to lay some deep roots for the brand first.

• 2 months later...
I'd really like to hear DST say something to that extent. "We will re-look at Street Fighter in 1 year. For now we are concentrating on Marvel, BSG and Star Trek

Won't happen. The license has probably expired by now - if not, then soon. Considering the flop that it was, I don't see it being renewed, leaving little chance for anyone to 're-look' at the concept a year from now. I doubt you'll ever hear anything about them again. (IMO, the SFII section of the forum should be merged with Minimates of Licenses Past at this point.)

Every time this thread gets bumped, I die a little bit inside. :(

Sorry Luke.

Y'know, this thread and the Kubricks thread have got me thinking.

I thought Game Stop quit carrying toys. I just picked up the Halo Kubricks there for a board member, so they are still selling them - just in a limited capacity.

I wonder why AA wasn't able to get them to continue with the SFII mates? Purely speculation - maybe the minimum order #'s were too high to make it cost effective for either AA or GS? A concern that a 'vintage' or 'nostalgia' licensed products wouldn't sell as well as the hot new game? If SFII was a hot game again - like Halo 3 is now - would Game Stop change their mind?

I'm assuming they have the Halo Kubricks because of Halo 3 Coming out.......

My local comic shop never orders minimates, but he got a few of the Zombie 5 packs because the popularity of that comic series...... seems like the same kind of thing, just a promotional tactic for something else.

And yes, I think we should just let the Street Fighter mates die peacefully........like Luke said, every time this thread is bumped, a little of me is taken away. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
One of you wonderful mods can you close this poor thread it tortures us so.

Well that wouldn't help someone would just start a new one maybe that should be included in the newbie training video.

RJ Brian who started this thread was a 'newbie'. For the record he made his first post on March 11 2007 & his last on March 12 2007. The guy had a great sense of humour though, it's like he walked into our house , c**pped on the floor & left it for everybody else to clear up :lol:

• 2 weeks later...