UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cylon tear down

They come off. They're just a little stiff. Try holding onto the arm around the joint, and gently twisting the hand around. That should break the bond of the paint and you'll be able to remove the hand.

I've tried just about everything to get the "helmet" off of one of these guys. Anyone had luck doing that?

Yep. Took some work, but it does come off. Doesn't quite go back on as well though IMO. Also, I've tried putting the helmet and shoulder pads on a couple of different bodies - FCBD, white blank, Marvel and DC and I can't get the head to sit high enough (after the shoulder pads are on the figure) to get the helmet to go on. I think the Cylon necks are just a tad longer than a standard mate.

For best results for removing any minimate part that's stiff or stuck is to simply boil a cup of water and soak the affected part for a few seconds. Don't worry, you paint jobs won't get damaged. It is a save effective way of dealing with this problem. Trust me! ;)

I don't think the neck peg is longer. I just snapped the shoulders and head onto an IronMan that I've got on my desk, and it fits perfectly. Maybe it's just one of those odd misshapes that happens with the molds sometimes... I've got a case of Cyclops/Dark Phoenix figures that every single one of the upper left legs on Cyclops is messed up on...

Interesting. I've torn apart a 5 pack trying each one (after the first one, I was curious) and none of them would work on various mates. I've got another 5 pack sitting here, but I'm reluctant to tear it open just to see if they'll work the same or different.

My first thought was that the heads were slightly longer on the Cylons, but when I measured them they were the same, so it isn't that.

Yes... It takes a little bit of work, and the boil-and-pop method helps quite a bit, but I've seperated the knees with no problem in the past... Haven't done it with any for awile now, so I'm not sure if the newer plastics will work, but they should.

Our hot receptionist at work made the following out of my two Sentries and a Cylon once she realised the parts came off:

Freaks.jpg

We did have difficulty with the hands.

Thanks for the pic Danny.

I can get them to that point. Its when I try to put the helmet on the figure with the shoulder pads that it doesn't work.

Myth busters TBT style.... Cylons don't have a longer neck.

I just pulled a bunch of mates apart and looked.

Then I took a Cylon head and shoulderpads a built, ECCC Cylon, Spider Cylon, IronCylon and Starbuck Cylon. and it fitted all of em fine.

The one thing to make sure though is that the head is facing exactly the right direction as it's shape is keyed to the hole in the shoulderpads.

T.

Our hot receptionist at work made the following out of my two Sentries and a Cylon once she realised the parts came off:

Freaks.jpg

We did have difficulty with the hands.

The middle one is excellent. Really looks like a production cyborg type thang.

Can we have pictures of the hot receptionist please? :D

Working on it Rad, trust me :)

She seemed quite pleased with the Batman/OMAC set I got her. She'd seen my DC Minimates and had seeemed quite taken with the Batman.

Wooing girls with toys, whatever next?

Myth busters TBT style.... Cylons don't have a longer neck.

I just pulled a bunch of mates apart and looked.

Then I took a Cylon head and shoulderpads a built, ECCC Cylon, Spider Cylon, IronCylon and Starbuck Cylon. and it fitted all of em fine.

The one thing to make sure though is that the head is facing exactly the right direction as it's shape is keyed to the hole in the shoulderpads.

T.

Thanks mate. Totally screw up my theory. :D Maybe I've got a funky 5 pack (or it could be , y'know, me being a dumbass....)