UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

World War Hulk Comics Trailer

Shanester

If it wasn't a Hulk event I would even pay attention to any event from Marvel. I like JR JR and it's Hulk so I will definitely pick it up. I can only hope this will be enough to sway DST into making a Hulk wave. ;) Let's hope it's a good story.

Man, first Planet Hulk, now World War Hulk. What does Hulk have to do to earn some new Minimates? Run for President?

Hulk for US President 2008!!!

Man, first Planet Hulk, now World War Hulk. What does Hulk have to do to earn some new Minimates? Run for President?

He did have a movie - it's not too late to do a Movie Hulk wave...

lol President, he might have to. The green man just doesn't get his due.

Maybe when they make the second movie he will get some movie mates, well I'm hoping.

The short of it:

The 'brightest minds of the marvel-verse' sent the Hulk off world (prior to Civil War) thinking that he would be happy somewhere in outer space. Hulk landed on a planet, was captured, became a gladiator, became ruler of the planet and was happy.

Something happened to that world. (See my avatar for a clue)

Hulk is coming back and he's pissed at those who sent him away in the 1st place.

Does that help?

Hulk to me has always been a under Developed Character with a seemingly bottomless amount of stories within him, Sadly though many times we've been forced to see many writers go against the whole concept of Hulk, which is Science Fiction esqe and instead have to be told the Billionth time how hard it is for Bruce Banner.

Hulk is a character that gets better the farther the writer goes out on a limb and is different and even a bit wild in the realm of Science Fiction..Planet Hulk proved it through a very gritty and far out idea.

Saddly though Hulk will always play a second fiddle to the higher arcs of heroes (Spider-man Captin America)

Not to say these are not good characters, but we must admit that the hulk has alot more allowed to him. The Hulk for one could kill, Go crazy, Fight other Heroes without stretching to far off. It seems the fate of Hulk is in good hands for now. And it seems keeping him out of the Civil War might actually help him out where it hurt others.

My only advice to the writers if they could see this would be to let Hulk be THE HULK...let him dominate some teams of heroes. Let him run major havoc on the fantastic four, Maybe put Grimm in the hospital. Just don't make him the Monster of reasoning..Hulk never Reasons...Hulk Smashes.

That is pretty deep MiniRob, but I agree. Some of the best Hulk storylines were when he was a dominant figure in the storys hierarchy and allowed to use the intelligence that he does posses.

• 1 month later...

The 1st 2 installments of WW Hulk came out this week. Picked 'em both up. (Beyond Conan and Marvel Zombies, these are the first individual issues I've purchased in over 2 years.)

Loved it. Absolutely cannot wait to see Hulk crush everyone in the Marvel U.

On a side note, who is the kid (Mastermind Excello) in these books and how does he fit in? Is his one appearance in the diner it for back story?