UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone from the UK got their DC mates yet?

you_will_forget

I'm talking from shops as opposed to online.

Been bugging my local Forbidden Planet all week so far (they have an order down and will be saving them) but they haven't arrived yet.

Is this the standard situation for the rest of you or are they holding out on me? Do I need to break in at night and liberate the minimates from their overcharging repressors?

Thanks,

Jo

They're not holding out on you. Toyz and Gamez don't have them yet either. I

t's weird, right up until the last two waves minimates arrived via diamond UK in the same week they arrived with diamond U.S. The New Avengers and Astonishing X-Men waves came out in October (I think) in the States and December over here. It sucks and what's even suckier is that Diamond UK couldn't give a flying one about it. Seriously I spoke to someone there back in November about it and they couldn't even give me a provisional date then. In reality I think even if he'd had a provisional date he wouldn't have shared it with me.

Ah well, I'd planned the break in and all.

Could be worse I suppose - I completely gave up buying Transformers in the UK due to the cost and the delay in them coming here.

It's cheaper and quicker to buy them straight from Japan or America.

Kinda screwy, really.

Jo

EDIT - sorry Graham, missed your post. I've got to travel to Nottingham for a Travelling Man, and, although it's closer to home, I don't drive. If anyone can post once they see them, we can start the mass mobbing of UK comic shops.

Ebay mate. I jumped! I also have a set on order with Toyz and Gamez, was disappointed when they said the UK's stock hadn't arrived and panicked meself into buying em off of ebay. I'll still honour my order with T&G though. So if anyone misses out I'll have a set to trade.

got mine 30 minutes ago from my LCS £6.50 each but he let me have the set for £24!!!!!! the bad news is the case i took them from was 847 of 2000 so dc minimates r limited to a set No. like the BSG cylons were!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know - should hopefully get these on my friday run then.

Or today, if my visit is anywhere near the centre of town.

Minutes...ticking...by...so...slowly

Jo

Checked with Forbidden Planet, but they still have no idea when or if they'll get them, even though they have had several requests.

And not just from me putting on funny voices either.

Sent you a PM Winkerbean if you can get any more.

I'm trustworthy, honest :whistling:

Jo

Ordered from Winkerbean's comic shop. They were nice and efficient, and I'll hopefully have them by Saturday (monday at the latest).

Thank you very much.

Jo

The postman made me VERY happy today, my set of DC mates came :thumbsup: , so did my set of 10 cylons from ebay (which were a bargain at £20 plus postage) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nowi just have to hope i can get Baby Rachael to sleep, so i get a chance to open them all. :biggrin:

Saw them in Forbidden planet in Manchester today. I've ordered mine of ebay, but i picked up the last batman/omac pack cuz I want a few of those drones. They were £5.99 each, a pound cheaper then one cylon minimate! Also there were alot of Joker/Harley packs still.

Got mine, they are so cool!!!!

If anyone is still having trouble getting them, PM me and I will give you the number of my comic shop who have been excellent to me for the past 6 or 7 years, as I know they still have some left.

Mine were £5.95 a box and with no expensive chase figure, loving them even more!!!