UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uglyest Marvel Minimate

iammingy

The Ugliest: Tie betwen Mariko and Mary Jane

Not Existed: Peter Parker/Spider-Man or Mariko(really, what did she do? :unsure:)

I Hate: Mariko

Can you tell I don't like Mariko? :D:lol:

LOL... It seems like "Mariko" is your nemesis or something. :lol:

Yeah, she pretty much is! :D

Leader.

It may be the fact that every example I've bought has been universally f-ed (reversed joints, worst paint aps) or just a foul color scheme, but just hate him, and I want to like him for his unusual noggin

Showing my mouth spiderman... or whatever it's callled!

We already have on maskless and one with the mask... did we really need one with just the mouth showing????

T.

I agree, if anything it should have been an accessory with the maskless spidey.

I vote for Peter Parker/Spider-Man on all three counts. :P

YES... I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the uglyest and the most stupid minimate ever!!!!

If anyone doesn't know which one we are talking about, that's this one:

(pic borrowed from Minimates Central)

14vnqsy.jpg

Showing my mouth spiderman... or whatever it's callled!

We already have on maskless and one with the mask... did we really need one with just the mouth showing????

T.

I guess that Minimate was tailor-made for these so-called "classical" scenes: :lol:

14vnw9i.gif

14vnxc8.jpg

EDIT: (one more from Cat Scratch Fever http://felicia.genrou.com/)

14vtis6.jpg

That's why the mouth "needs" to be shown... B) LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the PP/SM Mini was a good concept, but DST/AA dropped the ball on him.

Ugly isn't always on the outside... Sometimes it comes from within...

In that case, I cast my vote for Thanos...

Uglyest?

Maskless Doctor Doom

-Seriously, this is a face that not even a mother can love.

Shouldn't have existed at all?

Mariko

-Seriously, does anyone at all care about Mariko as a character or a person or even a toy. She is completely useless and only served as another way to get a wolverine released.

Hate the most?

Shadowcat

-If you haven't heard my rant before, Kitty DOESN'T DISAPPEAR. She walks through objects. There is NO REASON for her to have "Invisible" hands and legs. I hate it.

Also, I'd like to defend my "Spider-Sense" Spiderman. Ever since Spidey was created there has been a debate on how to "show" his Spider Sense. It was classic in the comics to see 1 half Peter and 1 half Spidey to signal his Spider Sense being triggered. If for no other reason, I love the nostalgia of the figure. Honestly, if is one of my Favorite Spidey variations....so cut the poor mate some slack :). neo

Hear hear! The "Spider Sense" Spidey dates back to when Steve Ditko was drawing the book, and I think the figure really nails it. When I saw him the first time, I was impressed that Ar Asylum would make a figure like that, and it gave me hope that they would produce Minimates from throughout the vast history of the Marvel Universe.

Instead I got 27 different Wolverines.

Anyway - Marvel Minimate I hate the most? Cable, because AA got lazy. When I think Cable, I want big pointless shoulder pads, lots of pockets, and a big square gun. Instead we got a Cable in generic blue overalls. They didn't even put the seams in his metal arm. Colossus got seams - why couldn't Cable?

One more for the pro-choice PP/SM 'mate. I think it was innovative as far as a duplicate minimate. Much better than some of the other dupes of Wolverine. My only quip is that his pants are a weird color.

Ugliest...New Cyclops. Just atrocious costume design and figure. Typically big upper torso additions were reserved for the 'hulking' minis. Did 'slim' get too much sand kicked in his face and start taking 'roids or did I miss something?!

Shouldn't have existed...Wolverine another 1, 2, 3, ...Spider-man another 1, 2, 3, ... or the various Battle damaged/Unmasked versions. There are alot of uncovered characters/villains that haven't been mini'd out there already!

Hated...I'd say New Cyclops, but I already used him. So how about Patch, no at least I can chop him up and mod him...so..."Civilian Logan"...bleh.