UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Movie Posters

Fujis

Just saw these a few minutes ago myself. I cannot believe how many minis are on display. Between these and all the BSG and Rocky minis pictures at Figures, it looks like there will be more mates released this year than all previous years combined. I guess I should start selling off my organs on ebay.

Spidey 3, BTTF, and For a Few Dollars More would be good minimate lines. But Rain Man and Desperately Seeking Susan seem far too out in left field to make more than a couple crappy 2-packs/boxsets. Still, given the odd assortment of movies chosen for these posters, I would not be surprised to see them all as new licenses this year. After all, we know that Spidey 3, BTTF, and Rocky are now in minimate form and we've seen posters of them.

So, if the posters are to be believed, here's my hits and misses of 2007:

Hits:

Rocky

Spider-Man 3

Marvel

Marvel Zombies

DC

Back to the Future

Battlestar Galactica

X-Men 3

For a Few Dollars More

Misses:

Kellogg's

Speedracer

Desperately Seeking Susan

Ghost Rider

Rain Man

With a whole swarm of regular people seeing minimate form, I think it'll be the boxed sets that see better response than a full wave of norms with variant (Ghost Rider). Still, AA and their minimate partners have started this year off strong with the announcement of Old School Avengers, the next few DC waves, Marvel Zombies, BSG, 24, BTTF and unveiling last year's announced Rocky mates. Here's hoping they have a couple more aces in the hole, as capping off a big toy event with Rain Man minimates just seems like a lack luster finish to a commanding start.

So what's the deal with these? Could these be part of some Moviemates line? Maybe a boxed set for each line? Or is it just something for fun? Can't really see people clamoring to get there hands on a madonna MM or even Tom Cruise for that matter. Clint Eastwood on the other hand... hmmm? I wonder.. Dirty Harry'd be a nice addition. Don't you guys think so?

The BTTF mates look great :D

Other movies.. some better than others... I see these as a wave with 2 packs from 3 dif movies,

Madonna/Rossana Arquette

Dustin Hoffman/Tom Cruise

Clint Eastwood/ who cares... it's packed with frickin Clint Eastwood!

T.

Clint Eastwood/ who cares... it's packed with frickin Clint Eastwood!

T.

My thoughts exactly.

and if you were to use the man with no name's head on the Baltar Mate then you'd have a pretty good Dirty Harry :biggrin:

If Tom Cruise came with a couch, I might consider getting his figure.

Thing about these posters: do they have to pay to use the likeness of these different movies? If these particular posters were selected because they were in the public domain, then I wouldn't read too much into half of them. But the odd assortment of posters suggests some sort of method to their madness. How awesome would it be if AA/DST had the license to Desperately Seeking Susan?! :rolleyes:

Of course, I could care less if they unveil licenses to Battlefield Earth, Jeepers Creepers, and Date Movie, we're getting frickin Marvel Zombies!

Y'know... the weirder these get, the more likely I am to buy them!

Agreed. The miniverse has grown so much, it's like you just have to have every release, just to flaunt the obscurity of it all!

5 words, silance of the lambs MINIMATES!!!!. who wouldnt want everyones favorite inteligent cannible in minimate form.

5 words, silance of the lambs MINIMATES!!!!. who wouldnt want everyones favorite inteligent cannible in minimate form.

Would you give Hannibal a face to wear of the guard's face he cut off to escape?

Oh, it would be sweet to see Clint Eastwood mate-ified.

The rest seem a little too obscure, even with some of the new stuff coming out. I am sure they were made just to stir up interest and discussion, as it has done.

OOoooooh, how about a Predator line? That would be pretty cool. Then add in an Alien line and you can recreate the Superman/Batman/Predator/Aliens comic that is out.

A poster does not guarantee 100% that Minimates are coming, but they could... or not... unless they do... or don't... but seriously, they might.

You DST guys are always so forthcoming. :tongue:

A poster does not guarantee 100% that Minimates are coming, but they could... or not... unless they do... or don't... but seriously, they might.

You DST guys are always so forthcoming. :tongue:

I'm suprised they released that nugget of information outside of a press release. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...