UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Graham's Customs.

Graham

First up a fairly straightforward Ghost Rider. This wasn't the Target exclusive, it was the original unnecessarily purple one. I painted it black, added a bit of detailing and Chun-li's spiked bracelets and altered the face slightly.

GhostRider.jpg

Next some Justice League. On the left is Star Sapphire, minus that ridiculous collarpiece. Next along is Plastic Man, who is a normal Minimate entirely painted over, with Blade's hair and sunglasses piece. I added black and white lines on the metal parts of Wonder Woman's costume to make it look a bit more metallic.

StarSapphireWWPlasticMan.jpg

Plastic Man in full extendable mode. The arms are from Mr. Fantastic, the middle is from 2 torsos stuck together at an angle (it works so he can bend forwards and backwards) and the join smoothed out. The legs are made out of 2 sets of normal legs, which explains why he bizzarely has 2 knee joints on each leg.

PlasticMan.jpg

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of your new figures looks awesome, Graham.

I love the Blue Batman you did, and the Robin to go with it.

Ultimate Iron Man looks great. Love your Plastic Man.

Keep them coming!

I agree with most people that the Hulk Minimates are lacking in bulk, so I initially tried to add a Powerhouse chest and Gray Hulk hairpiece to get some height in. When I got hold of some 2.5" Minimates, however, I couldn't resist going one step further. I had to sculpt the chestpiece and hairpiece from scratch, and paint the entire thing, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

2.jpg

Next, it was only a matter of time before someone converted a Green Arrow into a Hawkeye, so I tried to get mine in first. Also used was a Wolverine mask, Deathstroke boots and a cut-down Chun-Li skirt. Again, I had to paint over everything.

HawkeyeMontage.jpg

Loving the batmna's..gods I wish you were selling LOL I'd buy

Some of my stuff is up for trade/sale, see my post in the Want/Have list or PM me. Strange how everyone likes the Hawkeye, I can't stand it! :lol:

The JSA continues to grow in size, with the addition of Doctor Midnite. I had to sculpt the entire cape. The loincloth is from Lady Deathstrike, the gauntlets are from Ocean Master and the mask is Daredevil's (with the horns cut off and goggles sculpted on). I entirely painted this one, although the face is based on Cable.

DoctorMid-nite.jpg

You might remember the various heads on my battle-damaged Superman custom. I finally found one that I liked, off battle-damaged Batman. Batman himself has been given the 'I don't think he's damaged enough yet' treatment, hopefully he doesn't look too much like a zombie.

BDWorldsFinest.jpg

Some more civilian Minimates. On the left is Alfred Pennyworth, everyone's favourite butler. He has Patch's shirt, Bruce Wayne's jacket and Kingpin's legs, with a fully painted head. Next along, Bruce Wayne is based on the one from the Batcave. He has the head from the new DCD Batman and hair from Deathstroke, painted black. My Lex Luthor now has black eyebrows (he keeps dying them different colours) and a jacket from Patch, painted black.

AlfredBruceLex.jpg

Lastly, not really a major custom but I thought it looked cool. I settled on giving my DCD Batman the cape from the C3 Mini Batmobile Batman. The outside was painted blue, the inside black to match the rest of my Batman capes.

WorldsFinest.jpg

Your customs keep getting better and better Graham... I'm truly jealous of your face painting abiliites.

Doctor Midnight is my favorite of this new bunch, but I'm a fan of the "classics"...

Attempt 2 at fishnets, Zatanna. She uses C3 Joker's coat and Penguin's top hat, with a ponytail sculpted on the back.

Zatanna.jpg

For some reason I bought a lot of Green Arrows, meaning I also had a load of spare Deathstrokes. I decided to get creative with some other spares and came up with these quick customs of Deathstroke's henchmen. Batman, obviously, is not too impressed with them.

DeathstrokeHenchmen.jpg

• 1 month later...

I posted this up a week or so but it might have got missed, my Villain Contest Entry. Following 2.5" Powerhouse Hulk I thought I'd try and do DC in that scale. I actually started it at the same time as Hulk but had left it unfinished for ages. The Villain Contest was just the kick up the backside I needed to get it finished. All of the non-standard parts are sculpted, which is why it took so long.

2-1.jpg

Next up a variety of other customs. On the left, Grace Choi from the outsiders was one that I made for Jason. The Minimate is a standard body and I sculpted the hair myself; everything is hand-painted. Next along is a Movie Daredevil to go with my earlier Bullseye that I did for minijeff. I figured starting from a darker red base would get the more realistic effect whilst still being in that Minimate style. The mask is based on Bullseye's and the billy clubs are made from cut up lego aerials joined with a rubber band. Third along is the Huntress, which I think nearly completes my Batman family. The cape is from Chemical Warehouse Batman, the belt from Ultimate Wolverine and the staff is from Deathstroke. Again, the whole thing is painted from scratch, and the hair/mask piece is sculpted.

GraceDDHuntress.jpg

Next up is a project I wanted to do since I read this comic. DC: The New Frontier lends itself to being made into Minimates really well, with the bright colours and simple line style. Non-standard parts include Aquaman's hair (for Green Lantern), Chemical Warehouse Batman cape and belt (Batman), Superman cape & Juggernaut hair (for Superman), Deathstroke mask (for Flash) and Twilight Frodo parts (for Martian Manhunter and Invisible Martian Manhunter). Batman and Flash's cowls are also customised.

DCNFJLA1.jpg